Belkin F5D8230-4 v1001ea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
MisterDmG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, yes, ME again. Just thought I would give you guys an update (and bump this thread again).

I now believe this is an nvram and/or MAC address issue. When I install the version of DD-WRT that I know is working for the Broadcom wireless N card I purchased, I see that the WAN MAC address is blank. Not just all zeroes or something, but completely blank. If I examine the LAN and WLAN MAC addresses carefully, the WLAN is incorrect and appears to be set to the WAN MAC address as identified by the Belkin stock firmware. I don't know how to fix this nor do I know if messing with nvram will help or not.

I also cannot load the firmware posted by Eko in page 3 of this thread, so I have no idea if it fixes this particular issue. When I do try to load it, I get no DHCP and it will not respond when I go directly to address 192.168.1.1 (with a static IP set, of course).

The stock Belkin firmware goes in nice and easy with tftp and it pulls a WAN IP beautifully. Yet, it doesn't matter what combination of firmware loads I try, I still cannot get both a WAN IP and working wireless.

If anybody has any clues, please let me know. SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND! THANK YOU.
Sponsor
xtacydima
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got the Belkin f5d8230-4 version 2000uk I am quite sure the board is supported but the Airgo card is not.

What mini pci card can i substitute with, I see broadcom was mentioned but it is hard to find. Can I use an atheros card?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
xtacydima wrote:
I just got the Belkin f5d8230-4 version 2000uk I am quite sure the board is supported but the Airgo card is not.

You may be quite sure but I am not, did you even open up the router to see what chipset it is based on?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Known_incompatible_devices

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
xtacydima wrote:

What mini pci card can i substitute with, I see broadcom was mentioned but it is hard to find. Can I use an atheros card?

I got a broadcom BCM4318 minipci from ebay. Works great. tftp was easy first attempt got it. Just use the micro image for the initial flash then upgrade to the mini version from within ddwrt. For some reason the standard size images won't flash, i think any image over 3.5M is too large for it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
sorry to resurect such an old topic, but i read the whole 17 pages too see if i can fix my router.I got a f5d8230-4 1002 and a couple of atheros cards i can install.Problem is , the guy that gave me this router,tried to install ddwrt on it, and managed to brik the router. I have tried several times this fix:
1. Make a hard reset. Turn the router off. Press and hold the reset button. Turn the router on and hold reset button at the same time. Wait a minute.
2. Turn off the router.
3. Connect network cable between your PC and LAN 1 on the router
4. Set the TCP/IP on your PC to 192.168.2.3 with mask 255.255.255.0
5. Then start TFTP and select factory firmware /belkin_mimo_rt_usa_1.01.03.bin/
6. Make number of tries 30 for example and click on upgrade button.
7. Configure the router address to be 192.168.2.1
8. Turn on your router and wait maybe minute or two.

but it dosnt work for me. now if i ping 192.168.2.3 i get full responce, but nothing happens if i ping 192.168.2.1 so i wonder if i should do somenthing ealse. can anyone help me unbrick this router please. Thanks for any help.
gabib77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 20:08    Post subject: F5D8230-4 v7002df Reply with quote
can I put SP24 to Belkin F5D8230-4 v7002df ? I don't see this version on suppoted devices Sad

Thanks in advance
gabib77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 15:59    Post subject: ... Reply with quote
nevermind... I read here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Known_incompatible_devices and I saw that v.7xxxx is not supported for dd-wrt...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 17
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: