fonera 0.7.2 r2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
badgerbalti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 0:15    Post subject: fonera 0.7.2 r2 Reply with quote
have just got my hands on a new fon router and it's come with the latest firmware and after tring both the url injection and alternate dns to enable ssh neither has proved sucsessfull.
having tried resetting the router via the button also doesn't revert to an earlier firmware eithe. anyone had any sucsess enabling ssh in order to flash with this firmware yet...?

cheers
Sponsor
gunnerhkjp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you are up for it,

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=112016#112016

I have no idea if the router trick will work on your fon with new firmware.
lexstyui
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have open the SSH ?
I buy a fonera and it's come with the latest firmware. But I'm lucky, the reset button put the fonera from 7.2r2 to 7.1r1.
I found few methods on the Web to reset the Fonera and some does'nt work for me.
I found this on the forum and it's work for me :
-Plug the power and wait 3 minutes
-Press the reset button 30 sec
The fonera reboot in 7.1r1.
jyzhang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 16:20    Post subject: Re: fonera 0.7.2 r2 Reply with quote
I have got a LaFonera with 0.7.2 r3 firmware, which refuse to do any tricks mentioned. Mad Anybody know a way of reflashing it to DD-WRT? Rolling Eyes

badgerbalti wrote:
have just got my hands on a new fon router and it's come with the latest firmware and after tring both the url injection and alternate dns to enable ssh neither has proved sucsessfull.
having tried resetting the router via the button also doesn't revert to an earlier firmware eithe. anyone had any sucsess enabling ssh in order to flash with this firmware yet...?

cheers
okidokiss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 19:12    Post subject: Re: fonera 0.7.2 r2 Reply with quote
Just hold reset for 40 seconds, than you have an r2.

jyzhang wrote:
I have got a LaFonera with 0.7.2 r3 firmware, which refuse to do any tricks mentioned. Mad Anybody know a way of reflashing it to DD-WRT? Rolling Eyes

badgerbalti wrote:

cheers
Dr.Ed
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's easy:

Connect F*n direct to pc, select upgrade and upload 7.1.1 firmware. Maybe you have to do it twice, but after "downgrading" the F*n will reboot. Will come back with 0.7.2.2 or 0.7.2.3 firmware. Disconnect power and connect again. It's 7.1.1 firmware. Now you can do the Kolofonium hack and use SSH. Even the latest versions do this trick. If you brick the F*n, e-mail to Fonera and tell what you did.... You get a new one for free!

Ed

Navigation

Jump to: