“Reboot WRT” App schedules reboots of DD-WRT routers

reboot-wrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 23:15    Post subject: “Reboot WRT” App schedules reboots of DD-WRT routers Reply with quote
Hi everyone

We’ve just released the “Reboot WRT” App to easily reboot a DD-WRT router at scheduled times, or with one button press on a mobile device. We’ve found that rebooting a router can often solve intermittent networking and wifi problems, so we wrote this App to make it simple and automatic to do. Please give it a try and send us feedback.

Currently the App runs on Android mobile devices. If there is enough interest we’ll release an iOS version.

How it works:
Step 1. When you first open “Reboot WRT” it will attempt to connect to your router. All you need is the username and password for your router.
Step 2. Set the time that you want your router to reboot every night (e.g. every night at 2am).

If you need to reboot your router at any other time, just open the App and touch the "Reboot Router Now" button.

Thanks for any feedback,
The Trillium App Guys

Google App Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nz.co.trillium.reboot.wrt
Sponsor
ds1919
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll give it a whirly, I love hard resetting my dd'd routers.....got 5 of them spread over 4 acres, one as AP and others as repeaters or repeater bridges..would be great to be able to manage them with just one click each!

I'll let you know how it turns out later:)

thanks!!
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why don't you just schedule the router to reboot on its own at a specific time (say...the middle of the night)...then the router will be fresh each day.

Not putting down your app...just wondering why you really need it when scheduled reboot is built in.

redhawk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
ds1919 wrote:
I'll give it a whirly, I love hard resetting my dd'd routers.....got 5 of them spread over 4 acres, one as AP and others as repeaters or repeater bridges..would be great to be able to manage them with just one click each!

That's a great idea. If others are also interested in this feature we'll definitely add it to our new feature list.
reboot-wrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
Not putting down your app...just wondering why you really need it when scheduled reboot is built in.

redhawk

Thanks for your feedback. As you mention, DD-WRT does support scheduled reboots. However many routers do not support this feature or have a poor user interface. The "Reboot WRT" App also supports OpenWRT and Linksys WRT54G routers.

We feel people will find it convenient to have the handy "Reboot Router Now" button and scheduled reboots managed in one App.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Contributions Upload All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: