wrt1900ac sftp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
colij0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 15:42    Post subject: wrt1900ac sftp Reply with quote
hello,

just recently installed wrt1900ac (v1) and i would like to use the sftp feature with multiple users (no one wants to use a plain ftp remotely). however i am confused with the procedure. In fact, I couldnt find any procedure, so one half-working hack I found is simply to edit the /etc/passwd to include ssh login and password. sftp seems to read the passwd info from that file because it seems to work partially. however after reboot the /etc/passwd is overwritten and obviously sftp no longer works.

Does anyone know the way to set several sftp users?

thanks in advance! Very Happy
Sponsor
jsebean
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why are you doing this? It's a router, not a linux box.

Anyhow... the /etc/passwd is reset on reboot. Set a startup script to echo the changes on boot?

OEM Satellite internet -- I'll likely get back to DD-WRT again when I get better internet
colij0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 16:11    Post subject: wrt1900ac sftp Reply with quote
thanks for the tip jsebean, will try that.

to answer your question: because it is a powerful router which can handle a usb external disk drive where you can store all useful big files and share the access with friends without the quotas limitation that imposes cloud storages such as dropbox.com etc Wink sounds pretty useful to me if I manage to make it work Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: