wrt1900ac switch for xfinity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
II DABZ II
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 0:32    Post subject: wrt1900ac switch for xfinity Reply with quote
Hello, I have a linksys wrt1900ac v1 router that I want to use as a switch or something of that sort for my Xfinity gateway (ARRIS TG862G). I think I have gotten it working before but I forgot my Linksys admin password and had to restore it to default. After I restored my router and tried to put it back how it was my xfinity gateway would not load any webpage and had no download speed. The second I unplugged my linksys router and just used the xfinity one I had normal download speeds and everything worked fine... I followed this guide (https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Switch) the first time and I used it to restore my settings but I must have done something wrong so I am here asking for help... Thanks for your time Very Happy
Sponsor
marksanctuary
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only thing I can think of for you is reboot the provider modem and the linksys router after flashing. I have found that the modem has to provide a new lease to the router after a firmware upgrade before the internet will start working again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
And the best install instructions for the Marvell products is this thread.

Basic DD-WRT Install FAQ for WRT1900AC?

Navigation

Jump to: