Netgear AC1450 usb issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mwbuss8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 15:31    Post subject: Netgear AC1450 usb issues Reply with quote
I had an AC1450 arrive today. Flashing went smoothly, but it won't mount my 5tb external hdd. It mounts a usb flash drive fine. I have another router that can't handle the 4k sectors, but the drive still shows in the usb tab of the GUI, just incorrectly. It doesn't show at all on the AC1450. It is currently plugged back into my C7 and working again, but I'd prefer to use the usb3.0 port, as well as the additional RAM and more powerful SoC for miniDLNA and transmission. It has two partitions. Partition 1 is 50gb NTFS. Partition 2 is 4.5tb ext3. Neither show in the GUI. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
GreyDoc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
open a ticket.. http://svn.dd-wrt.com/

and/or merge the 2 partitions into a single ext3 partition. or even convert it to ext4 if possible..
mwbuss8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm aware of the SVN, I was hoping to gather a bit more information before opening a ticket, and I'm still quite open to the possibility of user error. I'm new to broadcom.

May I ask why you suggest merging partitions? I know regarding ext4, another user mentioned an issue recently with k4.4 and ext3, but in that case it was still being detected, just incorrectly. Digging into the syslog a bit, it appears as if the router may be detecting it as a usb hub, so I'll play around with it a bit more tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: