YAMon 3.0... Usage Reporting by device per hr/day/mo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
Author Message
elRadix
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Feb 2015
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
can you specify what I should comment ??
Code:
_setupWebDir="Setup/www/"                    # path to the web files (* default `Setup/www/`)
_setupWebIndex="yamon3.html"                 # path to the index page (* default `yamon2.html`)
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 13 Apr 2013
Posts: 2134
Location: Ottawa Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
elRadix wrote:
Fresh R7000 install

errors:
Installing YAMon...

cat: can't open '/tmp/yamonsetup.txt': No such file or directory
rm: can't remove '/tmp/yamonsetup.txt': No such file or directory

Then Running YAMon3

**********************************************************
* YAMon 3.0.2 was started
**********************************************************

cp: can't stat '/opt/YAMon3/Setup/www/*': No such file or directory
18:18:01 2 !!! Copy from /opt/YAMon3/Setup/www/* to /tmp/www/ failed (1)
18:18:01 1 >>> Copy from /opt/YAMon3/data/* to /tmp/www/data3 successful (0)

******************************************************************
*** `yamon3.0.2.sh` has been started
******************************************************************

I'm wondering if it is a race condition...
Attached install

[NB - attachment removed... see first page of this thread for the latest installer]

a) adds a sleep after the wget
b) comments out the `rm`

NB - am at work... can't test this myself yet.
Al


Last edited by al_c on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:04; edited 2 times in total
al_c
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 13 Apr 2013
Posts: 2134
Location: Ottawa Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
elRadix wrote:
can you specify what I should comment ??
Code:
_setupWebDir="Setup/www/"                    # path to the web files (* default `Setup/www/`)
_setupWebIndex="yamon3.html"                 # path to the index page (* default `yamon2.html`)


change only `setupWebDir` to just `www/` -

i.e., _setupWebDir="www/"

Al
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 1382

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why is the script looking for yamonsetup.txt in /tmp when it's being put in /opt/YAMon3/ ?
Done with your latest install.sh.

root@R7000_2:~# cd /opt
root@R7000_2:/opt# /opt/install.sh

**************************************
Welcome to the YAMon3.0 installer

Please report any issues to
install@usage-monitoring.com
**************************************

Please specify the fully qualified path to your
installation directory - e.g., `/opt/YAMon3/`.

Either
- hit <enter> to accept `/opt/YAMon3/`, or
- type your preferred installation location:

**************************************
Installing YAMon...

cat: can't open '/tmp/yamonsetup.txt': No such file or directory
chmod: /opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: No such file or directory
/opt/install.sh: source: line 99: can't open '/opt/YAMon3/includes/getlatest.sh'
root@R7000_2:/opt#

And then we get

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /current/YAMon3/includes/defaults.sh was not found on this server.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
</body></html>

_________________
Segment 1 R9000 10Gb LAN, 1Gb ISP BS
Test Bed R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 1 R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 2 R9000 1Gb LAN
Wired AP 3 R9000 1Gb LAN
Test Bed R7800 1Gb LAN OpenWRT Kong
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
www.desipro.de/openwrt/ (Kong's)
YAMon usage-
www.monitoring.com/manualInstall.php
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 1382

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Filled the install sh with sleeps so I could blink.

changed the download sleeps to 15 & 30.

Contents of yamonsetup.txt and gfmd.php is 7ce3dd138f1c1d6b1d0efff19c497c1f.

Nothing is being downloaded.

_________________
Segment 1 R9000 10Gb LAN, 1Gb ISP BS
Test Bed R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 1 R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 2 R9000 1Gb LAN
Wired AP 3 R9000 1Gb LAN
Test Bed R7800 1Gb LAN OpenWRT Kong
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
www.desipro.de/openwrt/ (Kong's)
YAMon usage-
www.monitoring.com/manualInstall.php
al_c
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 13 Apr 2013
Posts: 2134
Location: Ottawa Canada

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
Filled the install sh with sleeps so I could blink.

changed the download sleeps to 15 & 30.

Contents of yamonsetup.txt and gfmd.php is 7ce3dd138f1c1d6b1d0efff19c497c1f.

Nothing is being downloaded.

Just figured out my error... Duh!!! I'll update shortly.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 1382

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
And the new install got this far:


Either
- hit <enter> to accept `/opt/YAMon3/`, or
- type your preferred installation location:

**************************************
Installing YAMon...

Downloading a fresh version of `/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh`
Downloading latest version of:
* /opt/YAMon3/includes/defaults.sh (http://www.usage-monitoring.com/current/YAMon3/Setup/includes/defaults.sh)
* /opt/YAMon3/includes/getLocalCopies.sh (http://www.usage-monitoring.com/current/YAMon3/Setup/includes/getLocalCopies.sh)
* /opt/YAMon3/includes/hourly2monthly.sh (http://www.usage-monitoring.com/current/YAMon3/Setup/includes/hourly2monthly.sh)
* /opt/YAMon3/includes/util.sh (http://www.usage-monitoring.com/current/YAMon3/Setup/includes/util.sh)
* /opt/YAMon3/readme.txt (http://www.usage-monitoring.com/current/YAMon3/Setup/readme.txt)
* /opt/YAMon3/yamon3.0.2.sh (http://www.usage-monitoring.com/current/YAMon3/Setup/yamon3.0.2.sh)
* /opt/YAMon3/default config.file (http://www.usage-monitoring.com/current/YAMon3/Setup/default config.file)
* /opt/YAMon3/startup.sh (http://www.usage-monitoring.com/current/YAMon3/Setup/startup.sh)
* /opt/YAMon3/shutdown.sh (http://www.usage-monitoring.com/current/YAMon3/Setup/shutdown.sh)
* /opt/YAMon3/restart.sh (http://www.usage-monitoring.com/current/YAMon3/Setup/restart.sh)
* /opt/YAMon3/strings/en/strings.sh (http://www.usage-monitoring.com/current/YAMon3/Setup/strings/en/strings.sh)
/opt/install.sh: /opt/YAMon3/strings/en/strings.sh: line 1: syntax error: unexpected newline
root@R7000_2:/opt#

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /current/YAMon3/Setup/strings/en/strings.sh was not found on this server.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
</body></html>


Getting better!

_________________
Segment 1 R9000 10Gb LAN, 1Gb ISP BS
Test Bed R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 1 R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 2 R9000 1Gb LAN
Wired AP 3 R9000 1Gb LAN
Test Bed R7800 1Gb LAN OpenWRT Kong
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
www.desipro.de/openwrt/ (Kong's)
YAMon usage-
www.monitoring.com/manualInstall.php
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 1382

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tossed in strings.sh from my running YAMon3 and all files appear to be there.

Ran setup.sh

Adding YAMON='/opt/YAMon3/' to the beginning of setup.sh

Produced:


You are running this script from `/opt/YAMon3/`.

In the prompts below, the recommended value is denoted with
an asterisk (*). To accept this default, simply hit enter;
otherwise type your preferred value (and then hit enter).

Loading baseline settings from `/opt/YAMon3/config.file`.
Log file: `/opt/YAMon3/logs/setup.log`.
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 128: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 130: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 132: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 134: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 140: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 142: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 144: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 157: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 159: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 161: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 163: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 165: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 167: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 169: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 171: prompt: not found
>>> specified path to _dnsmasq_leases (/tmp/dnsmasq.leases) does not exist
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 190: copyfiles: not found

******************************************************************
Copied previous configuration settings to `/opt/YAMon3/config.old`
and saved new settings to `/opt/YAMon3/config.file`
******************************************************************
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 199: prompt: not found
sh: out of range
chmod: /opt/YAMon3/yamon.sh: No such file or directory
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 254: prompt: not found
sh: out of range
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 256: prompt: not found
sh: out of range

_________________
Segment 1 R9000 10Gb LAN, 1Gb ISP BS
Test Bed R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 1 R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 2 R9000 1Gb LAN
Wired AP 3 R9000 1Gb LAN
Test Bed R7800 1Gb LAN OpenWRT Kong
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
www.desipro.de/openwrt/ (Kong's)
YAMon usage-
www.monitoring.com/manualInstall.php
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 1382

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
BTW, I'm running this setup debug on my R7000 AP
while the R7000 main router is happily running YAMon3.0.2 ..

Dave

_________________
Segment 1 R9000 10Gb LAN, 1Gb ISP BS
Test Bed R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 1 R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 2 R9000 1Gb LAN
Wired AP 3 R9000 1Gb LAN
Test Bed R7800 1Gb LAN OpenWRT Kong
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
www.desipro.de/openwrt/ (Kong's)
YAMon usage-
www.monitoring.com/manualInstall.php
al_c
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 13 Apr 2013
Posts: 2134
Location: Ottawa Canada

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok... I sort of figured out the wget caching thing... it the file extension is `.html` wget downloads the current version of the file as expected. If the file has a different extension (.sh, .txt, etc.) it does not?!?

So now many of the files at usage.monitoring.com have a new extension... as the installer copies them to your router, I change the extension... that took 2-3 days of my life.

I've also added a number of additional checks in the setup/installer to hopefully reduce the likelihood of bad values in config.file.

I think this one is a lot closer now...

[NB - attachment removed... see first page of this thread for the installer]

Thanks to everyone who is testing this for me!

Al


Last edited by al_c on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:05; edited 1 time in total
al_c
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 13 Apr 2013
Posts: 2134
Location: Ottawa Canada

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
I tossed in strings.sh from my running YAMon3 and all files appear to be there.

Ran setup.sh

Adding YAMON='/opt/YAMon3/' to the beginning of setup.sh

Produced:


You are running this script from `/opt/YAMon3/`.

In the prompts below, the recommended value is denoted with
an asterisk (*). To accept this default, simply hit enter;
otherwise type your preferred value (and then hit enter).

Loading baseline settings from `/opt/YAMon3/config.file`.
Log file: `/opt/YAMon3/logs/setup.log`.
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 128: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 130: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 132: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 134: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 140: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 142: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 144: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 157: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 159: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 161: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 163: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 165: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 167: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 169: prompt: not found
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 171: prompt: not found
>>> specified path to _dnsmasq_leases (/tmp/dnsmasq.leases) does not exist
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 190: copyfiles: not found

******************************************************************
Copied previous configuration settings to `/opt/YAMon3/config.old`
and saved new settings to `/opt/YAMon3/config.file`
******************************************************************
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 199: prompt: not found
sh: out of range
chmod: /opt/YAMon3/yamon.sh: No such file or directory
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 254: prompt: not found
sh: out of range
/opt/YAMon3/setup.sh: line 256: prompt: not found
sh: out of range


Run install.sh not setup.sh

Install will get a fresh copy of all of the files and then launch setup for you...

Al
fvargasfrank
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 31 Jan 2016
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im getting this error every time i try to run the program, im changing the directory to jffs

root@DD-WRT:/# run `/tmp/install.sh`
Either
- hit <enter> to accept `/opt/YAMon3/`, or
- type your preferred installation location: /jffs/YAMon3/
/tmp/install.sh: /jffs/YAMon3/strings/en/strings.sh: line 1: syntax error: unexpected newline
-sh: run: not found
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 1382

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Install ran good.

However I got this on startup.

YAMon Version:: 3.0.2

******************************************************************
/opt/YAMon3/yamon3.0.2.sh: line 84: can't create : nonexistent directory
/opt/YAMon3/yamon3.0.2.sh: line 84: can't create : nonexistent directory

******************************************************************
*** `yamon3.0.2.sh` has been started
******************************************************************

_________________
Segment 1 R9000 10Gb LAN, 1Gb ISP BS
Test Bed R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 1 R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 2 R9000 1Gb LAN
Wired AP 3 R9000 1Gb LAN
Test Bed R7800 1Gb LAN OpenWRT Kong
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
www.desipro.de/openwrt/ (Kong's)
YAMon usage-
www.monitoring.com/manualInstall.php
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 1382

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="al_c"]
ddaniel51 wrote:
I tossed in strings.sh from my running YAMon3 and all files appear to be there.


Run install.sh not setup.sh

Install will get a fresh copy of all of the files and then launch setup for you...

Al


It's ok Al, I was playing with it before the latest iteration of install.

_________________
Segment 1 R9000 10Gb LAN, 1Gb ISP BS
Test Bed R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 1 R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 2 R9000 1Gb LAN
Wired AP 3 R9000 1Gb LAN
Test Bed R7800 1Gb LAN OpenWRT Kong
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
www.desipro.de/openwrt/ (Kong's)
YAMon usage-
www.monitoring.com/manualInstall.php
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 1382

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
fvargasfrank wrote:
Im getting this error every time i try to run the program, im changing the directory to jffs

root@DD-WRT:/# run `/tmp/install.sh`
Either
- hit <enter> to accept `/opt/YAMon3/`, or
- type your preferred installation location: /jffs/YAMon3/
/tmp/install.sh: /jffs/YAMon3/strings/en/strings.sh: line 1: syntax error: unexpected newline
-sh: run: not found


Download the latest install.sh again.
It will run better in the long run in /opt.

_________________
Segment 1 R9000 10Gb LAN, 1Gb ISP BS
Test Bed R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 1 R9000 10Gb LAN
Wired AP 2 R9000 1Gb LAN
Wired AP 3 R9000 1Gb LAN
Test Bed R7800 1Gb LAN OpenWRT Kong
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
www.desipro.de/openwrt/ (Kong's)
YAMon usage-
www.monitoring.com/manualInstall.php
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 149, 150, 151  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 151
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum