YAMon 3.0... Usage Reporting by device per hr/day/mo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 149, 150, 151  Next
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:49    Post subject: Re: Fast backwards Reply with quote
7kt_ql wrote:
I checked a couple of forum-pages back and found no one else having this problem. Is it only me?
Anyway, it's kind of a funny bug.

Yikes! If I didn't know any better, I suspect an overflow error... however, YAMon should handle that.

Can you send a zip file of your usage file and log file to questions@usage-monitoring.com.

Al
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:53    Post subject: Time to close this thread Reply with quote
150 pages of questions, comments and feedback

More than half a million views!

I think it is time to migrate this discussion to a new thread that is more specifically focussed on YAMon v3.4.

Please post new questions to: https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=314467

Al
scope2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
scope2 wrote:
I've been running YAMon for months, but did an update today to get the latest version (3.4.4.sh), however now I just get this:

The variable `_scriptVersion` is not defined!
Under normal circumstances, this should never happen?!? This likely means that your config3.4.js file` hasn't been created yet or is not stored in the expected location. Please make sure that `yamon3.4.4.sh` is actually running.

Yamon is running:
28967 1 root SN 1888 0.7 0 0.1 {yamon3.4.4.sh} /bin/sh /opt/YAMon3/yamon3.4.4.sh

I've gone through the setup again and everything seems to be correct.. Its just not working?

Does config3.4.js exist (in /opt/YAMon3)/www/js/)?
Is there a symlink in /tmp/www/js/ for config3.4.js? Does it point to the right location?

What do you get if you run `ls -lA /tmp/www/jw/` in a PuTTY (or equivalent terminal app) window?

Al

Yes I checked all those (as per help page on website) and they all seemed fine..

I have just rebooted the router and its come back to life.. All data has been retained, expect user data (users.js), all custom names seems to have gone.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
scope2 wrote:
al_c wrote:
scope2 wrote:
I've been running YAMon for months, but did an update today to get the latest version (3.4.4.sh), however now I just get this:

The variable `_scriptVersion` is not defined!
Under normal circumstances, this should never happen?!? This likely means that your config3.4.js file` hasn't been created yet or is not stored in the expected location. Please make sure that `yamon3.4.4.sh` is actually running.

Yamon is running:
28967 1 root SN 1888 0.7 0 0.1 {yamon3.4.4.sh} /bin/sh /opt/YAMon3/yamon3.4.4.sh

I've gone through the setup again and everything seems to be correct.. Its just not working?

Does config3.4.js exist (in /opt/YAMon3)/www/js/)?
Is there a symlink in /tmp/www/js/ for config3.4.js? Does it point to the right location?

What do you get if you run `ls -lA /tmp/www/jw/` in a PuTTY (or equivalent terminal app) window?

Al

Yes I checked all those (as per help page on website) and they all seemed fine..

I have just rebooted the router and its come back to life.. All data has been retained, expect user data (users.js), all custom names seems to have gone.
Sorry for the grief!

Updating files on the router should *not* have any impact upon the customizations you made in the browser (at least in theory)...

By default, the browser customizations live in a localstorage variable (named `YAMon3-Settings`) in the browser (essentially a cookie on steriods). Other than the shell scripts writing files to the data directories for the HTML reports, there is no `communication` between the two code sets.

I'm *not* saying this did not happen to you... clearly it did and a smattering of other users have reported something similar. ATM, however, I have no clue as to how it might be happening.

A few questions:

• Did you get the whole `Welcome to the reports` wizard or just the reports without the customizations?
    If the former, it means `YAMon3-Settings` was deleted; if the latter, it means the `devices` oject within `YAMon3-Settings` was clobbered.

• Assuming you did not have the db integration option selected, did you use the same device & browser to view the reports?
    Localstorage variables are specific to the browser & device where they were created... any customizations you make will not be visible from other devices. Hence the db integration option on the Setting tab
  • Did the IP address for your router change?
    Localstorage variables are saved on a per URL basis so changing the IP address would 'ose' the settings (but they'd still be saved in your browser)
  • Are you running CCleaner or some other browser clean-up tool?
    Those tools often wipe out localstorage variables.
  • If you did have the database integration option enabled, please send me your key (DO NOT post it here Smile)... I might be able to resurrect things from the database logs

It won't help you but I'll add some messages to back-up before updating.

Al
Kambo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 18:33    Post subject: Re: No Download Data?? Reply with quote
jtp10181 wrote:
Kambo wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:
Kambo wrote:

I have the internet coming in a ISP provided router on the wireless 4g network I have my Archer 9 plugged into this Lan to Lan. Archer is DHCP and all other devices connect through it. The wireless on the ISP router is turned off.

Not sure if that sparks anyones ideas on possible solutions.

YAMon monitors traffic via the WAN to LAN interface. It will not work Lan to Lan.

Thanks for the heads up. I got that sorted an it is now recording download traffic. But....

There is a huge discrepency between the measured on device data and measured at the router data? The router data measured by YAMon is the same as my ISP measured data too which is a good thing I think.

If you have anything enabled that bypasses the firewall for traffic it will cause problems. I think DDWRT calls it "SFE" or Shortcut Forwarding. Also the script checks for Privoxy. And also I think the router must be the DHCP server, so if you are allowing the ISP modem to do the DHCP that could be the issue also.

If you check your log from when you started up YAMon (or restart it and check the log), there are a few checks it makes and will make note in the log if it finds known problems.

It Worked! I had SFE enabled from when I was installing Yamon I think. Disabling this seems to have sorted the problem, I have accurate data from one day and that is good. Thanks heaps.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Al thinks it is time to migrate this discussion to a new thread.

Please post new questions to: https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=314467

Thank you

Dave

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just installed YAmon last week for the first time. Neat tool! However, every time I load yamon in my browser, I continue to get the popup "Can I tally your router.js info?" I have answered yes a dozen times, and I still continue to see it. How can I stop this from happening?

Before I manually edited the config, it would go through the startup wizard every single time too, never remembering the settings, including device names. After I added the db key, it finally stopped doing that, but I'm still left with the popup.

I have a Linksys EA8500 with DD-WRT v3.0-r35700M kongat 04/09/18 using a USB stick mounted as /opt. I am accessing it via Firefox from Fedora 26 with history and cookies disabled.

Thanks.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
lexridge wrote:
I just installed YAmon last week for the first time. Neat tool! However, every time I load yamon in my browser, I continue to get the popup "Can I tally your router.js info?" I have answered yes a dozen times, and I still continue to see it. How can I stop this from happening?

Before I manually edited the config, it would go through the startup wizard every single time too, never remembering the settings, including device names. After I added the db key, it finally stopped doing that, but I'm still left with the popup.

I have a Linksys EA8500 with DD-WRT v3.0-r35700M kongat 04/09/18 using a USB stick mounted as /opt. I am accessing it via Firefox from Fedora 26 with history and cookies disabled.

Thanks.

YAMon creates a localStorage variable and stores some settings there... I suspect that by disabling cookies & history, the ls variable is clobbered and that is causing the issue.

BTW - I'm glad you like YAMon - thanks!

Al
lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
lexridge wrote:

Thanks.

YAMon creates a localStorage variable and stores some settings there... I suspect that by disabling cookies & history, the ls variable is clobbered and that is causing the issue.

Al

You were correct. I made an exception for cookies in my Firefox prefs to allow and save cookies from my router's IP. That did indeed fix the problem. Thank you!
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
lexridge wrote:
al_c wrote:
lexridge wrote:

Thanks.

Al

You were correct. I made an exception for cookies in my Firefox prefs to allow and save cookies from my router's IP. That did indeed fix the problem. Thank you!

cool -- thanks for the update
@m0eb@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:47    Post subject: UN:KN:OW:N0:0M:AC Reply with quote
New user to YaMon

dd-wrt build 36995
Router R6400v2
YaMon version 3.4.5

I am getting an entry UN:KN:OW:N0:0M:AC with IPv4 address 0.0.0.0_0, device Name "No Matching MAC" ... which has consumed 32.3% (1.6GB) of my data in past 2-3 days.

Is someone hacking into my router?
Llaves
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been running YaMON for a month or two without problems. Today I went to check data (my ISP showed a burst of use in the last 24 hours I wanted to understand) and YaMON has no data for that period. It has data for the days prior and for today, but not for the time I'm really interested in.

About the only thing different during this time was that I was trying to get the Calibre ebook server working and was accessing some random ports (8080, 8081, 8800, ...) trying to access the server from within the LAN.

Ideally I'd love to get the data back. More importantly, I'd like to know what caused the loss so it doesn't happen again.
consorts
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
so what's going wrong now Embarassed

installed yamon 3.4.5 on merlin asus ac3100
after an hour or two,
the "Live Usage Report" page keeps working
but the "Daily Usage Report" I need stalls,
like it's 11am but I only see data thru 9am.

so it's like yamon is running,
but it's not actually logging Crying or Very sad

anyway, i shutdown and reinstalled it.
one difference i noticed between a ddwrt install
and asus-merlin is when i go directly to my yamon link
http://192.168.1.1/user/index.html
in my browser, it asks me to login to the router.
i don't mind logging in but could that be an issue?
Feramor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
Running 3.4.5, had an issue with "pppoe" which wasn't count router's own data, for example transmission was running on router but data wasn't count, so I look into and found that you detect interfaces with "ifconfig | grep HWaddr | tr -s ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f1,5" so I run code locally and result was

Code:
br-lan 00:00:10:00:16:5E
eth0 B8:27:EB:FC:A3:E7
eth1 00:00:10:00:16:5E

But my setup was

Code:
br-lan    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:10:00:16:5E
          inet addr:10.0.0.1  Bcast:10.0.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fd33:3f08:ce9a::1/60 Scope:Global
          inet6 addr: fe80::200:10ff:fe00:165e/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:36016 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:17390 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:4496003 (4.2 MiB)  TX bytes:10765928 (10.2 MiB)

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr B8:27:EB:FC:A3:E7
          inet addr:192.168.1.100  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::ba27:ebff:fefc:a3e7/64 Scope:Link
          RX packets:753224 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:392145 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:1026896976 (979.3 MiB)  TX bytes:55557016 (52.9 MiB)

eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:10:00:16:5E
          RX packets:36016 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:17390 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:4496003 (4.2 MiB)  TX bytes:10836388 (10.3 MiB)

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
          RX packets:327 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:327 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1
          RX bytes:25957 (25.3 KiB)  TX bytes:25957 (25.3 KiB)

pppoe-DSL Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
          inet addr:100.96.187.156  P-t-P:100.96.128.1  Mask:255.255.255.255
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1492  Metric:1
          RX packets:751897 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:390813 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
          RX bytes:1020780034 (973.4 MiB)  TX bytes:43772818 (41.7 MiB)

Noticed that "pppoe-DSL" doesn't have a MAC address so I added after
Code:
ifcl=$(ifconfig | grep HWaddr | tr -s ' ' |  cut -d ' ' -f1,5) @ Line 472 @ yamon3.4.5.sh

Added
Code:
ifcl="$(ifcl)pppoe-DSL FE:RA:MO:R0:00:01"

so it started count the data.Ty for your attention
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 20:04    Post subject: I'm back Reply with quote
Sorry, been away from the forum for a while. A new job was one of the recent life changes.

Anyway, I'm back now and hope to have more time to be more active in the forum again.

thanks for your patience.

Al
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 149, 150, 151  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 150 of 151
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: