Bonjour Discovery Not Working Thru Client Bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
elvisimprsntr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:04    Post subject: Bonjour Discovery Not Working Thru Client Bridge Reply with quote
BACKGROUND

I have a WRT1900ACS connected as a wireless client bridge to my main WRT1900ACv1 5GHz AP mode. I have several streaming devices (Apple TVs) which are connected to the main router 5Gz channel. The wireless client bridge also provides 2.4GHz AP.

WAN -> WRT1900ACv1 (5GHz AP) -> Apple TVs (5GHz)
WAN -> WRT1900ACv1 (5GHz AP) -> WRT1900ACS (5Ghz Client Bridge, 2.4 GHz AP) - > Majority of other devices (2.4 Hz)

Locating main router in my garage allows me to locate the cable modem at the point of entry to improve modem RX SNR and lower TX power. I've been running this way for years without any problems.

PROBLEM
1. When connected one router, cannot Bonjour devices connected to the other router. Can only see Bonjour devices connect to each individual router.
2. Also, when scanning my network, devices connected to the other router will have their MAC address advertised at the MAC of the router, not the actual device.

WHAT WORKED PREVIOUSLY
1. I had a pair of E3000 routers running K3 build in the same AP and Client Bridge configuration. Both Bonjour discover and MAC address were detected properly
2. Running WRT1900ACS stock firmware on the Client Bridge, Bonjour discovery would find devices on both routers. So it seems the hardware is fully capable to allowing detection of Bonjour devices connected to either router.

QUESTION
1. Is this a DD-WRT firmware/Marvell driver issue?
2. Or a bridge configuration issue? If so, what settings to I need to change to allow discovery go Bonjour devices on both routers and to have MAC address reported correctly?
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is the 2.4 GHz AP bridged or does it have its own in sub-net?
elvisimprsntr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Is the 2.4 GHz AP bridged or does it have its own in sub-net?

All on the same sub-net. I switched the client bridge back to stock firmware and bonjour discovery works. Bonjour discovery does not work across the client bridge with current DD-WRT build on WRT1900ACS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: