TX Power setting....??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
davedarr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 22:26    Post subject: TX Power setting....?? Reply with quote
Im curious to see what others have set their TX power dBm to on both 2.4 and 5.0 systems for the Linksys WRT1900AC v1? I have read that you can really push the TX power levels, but in doing so, it burns up your router faster.

Yesterday is day 1 for me flashing my unit. I'm reading up daily about how great DD-WRT is. Please share your thoughts about the TX levels.
It looks like the default level for both 2.4 and 5 is set to 30 dBm's.
Sponsor
juggler111
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mine are set to the default 30dBm each with no signal strength issues in my environment.
MrDoh
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, the default works well here, too. Haven't played with it...the default might be the hardware max, don't know. It often is, with the newer ARM-based routers.
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
See here: https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=288579
MrDoh
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrDoh wrote:
Yes, the default works well here, too. Haven't played with it...the default might be the hardware max, don't know. It often is, with the newer ARM-based routers.

Yes, sorry, forgot to mention that if the tx power max is less than the hardware max in your region (assuming again that the default tx power is the hardware max), then the lesser of those two is supposed to be used for tx power.
htismaqe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wouldn't mess with it. Turning up TX often causes more problems than anything else...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: