WRT1900ac v2 is bricked (or so i think)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
hanim44
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 17:15    Post subject: WRT1900ac v2 is bricked (or so i think) Reply with quote
Hi,

Tried to install the dd-wrt firmware:
WRT1900AC v2 Firmware: webflash image ddwrt-linksys-wrt1900acv2-webflash.bin 2016-01-14 30,50 MB

On other forum they've told me that i shouldn't have used the .bin, and i should use the .img ...

the router reboots after the image is uploaded to the router usnig the web interface and now is stuck with Power and eSATA LEDs on, tried all sorts of resets (30/30/30, 20/20, 30/60/30) and nothing works, is there a way to fix it?

tried the three times power off and didn't work, the problem is that the PWR and eSATA lights they go on immediately after i switch on the router, i've tried to make intervals between each swichoff but it also didn't work.

Hope someone can help

Thanks
Sponsor
MrDoh
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, same thing happened to me once (notice "once" *smile*), and the multiple power on/power off sequence didn't work for me that time. Subsequently it has worked, just be being patient and trying it several times.

Anyways, I ended up using a serial console adapter to get control of the router again. Was able to get the router to boot with serial console adapter, and get to the "MARVELL>>" prompt. At this point, I was able to use this command via putty (others don't recommend putty, but it works for me):

run linksys_nandboot

which then reboots from the firmware in boot partition 1 (which should still be the Linksys OEM stock firmware).

And yes, when you're flashing from Linksys stock firmware, you should use the "factory_to_ddwrt.img" flash image file, not the ".bin" file. The ".bin" file is only used to go from one version of dd-wrt to another, not to flash from stock Linksys firmware.

You can read about how to use a serial console adapter with the WRT1900AC elsewhere in this forum if you can't get the multiple power on/power off thing to work.

And please don't post such a gigantic picture in the future, it destroys the readability of the the thread *smile*.
hanim44
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks MrDoh.

One question regarding what you've experienced, were both the PWR and eSATA lights always on immediately after you switch on?

Also, what do you think is the time interval for switching off/on?

Thanks and sorry for the big image.
MrDoh
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
hanim44 wrote:
Thanks MrDoh.

One question regarding what you've experienced, were both the PWR and eSATA lights always on immediately after you switch on?

Also, what do you think is the time interval for switching off/on?

Thanks and sorry for the big image.

Yes, the power and eSATA lights came on almost immediately when I powered on. Don't worry about that, just power on and then power off each time as soon as the power light comes on, which is fairly quick. That worked for me eventually, although it took several tries. And I think that I ended up doing it more than 3 times, although the extra one or two times probably didn't help *smile*.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: