D-Link DIR-600 dead after 30/30/30 reset?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
ener2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 19:02    Post subject: D-Link DIR-600 dead after 30/30/30 reset? Reply with quote
Hello!
I have a D-Link DIR-600 B2 router flashed with DD-Wrt some months ago (in january if I recall corectly). I used it as a wifi repeater for about 2-3 days, than changed the primary WIFI router to something more powerful, so the DIR-600 went to rest in the box.
That until today when I wanted to reconfigure it as a WIFI router again to use it in another home.
I did a 30/30/30 reset which was succesfully (I think) as after connecting to the dd-wrt wifi network it asked me to change the default password.
I didn't change it and tried accesing the settings, but the the browser returned the "no internet" error. After that I realized the dd-wrt network is no longer available in the network list (it doesn't show up in my laptop's wifi network, nor in my Huawei P10 and Samsung phones).
It seems that the router is dead. I did another 2 or 3 30/30/30 resets, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
When I plug in the AC adapter, the power icon lights up orange and stays that way, while the globe icon lights up orange for a second and that's all.
Anything that I can do to get it fixed or is it bricked/dead for good?
Thank you!
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Locate the reset pin hole on the back of the DIR-600 as per below: 2. Insert a paperclip into the reset pin hole and hold in for 10 seconds. While holding in the reset button, refer to the Power LED, when it turns yellow/orange, release the paperclip holding in the reset button.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/DIR-600
ener2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Already tried it but the led just remains orange no matter how long I keep pushing the reset button. Also I tried the 30/30/30 reset method, but no dice. Anything else?
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/DIR-600#Alternate_Install_Method_using_Emergency_Room_Web_Interface

It uses 192.168.0.1. Did you change ip of your PC?
ener2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't understand. Do I have to connect to the router via cable or via WIFI in the above method?

I cannot connect via WIFI as the dd-wrt network does not appear in the list.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cable.

Navigation

Jump to: