Asus RT-AC88U AC3100

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
tungtom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't even log into the WiFi and same goes from the ports.
Sponsor
hburke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 20:54    Post subject: Bandwidth bug in the wireless Reply with quote
unfortunately there exists a bug that forces the wireless to function at 20MHz on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. as such limiting the bandwidth to ridiculous numbers (IE 173 Mbps on a 5Ghz 2 stream AC card. Regardless of the setting applied in Wireless/Basic Settings. and if there is a better place to put this let me know.
inks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 14:26    Post subject: Port numbering, VLANs and link aggregation Reply with quote
Hi All.
Got new router. Installed 04-25-2016-r29519. I am trying to figure out the vlans, port numbering & link aggregation.

On the VLAN page, the link status 'lights' are reversed (see attached picture). Also, ports 5-8 don't appear in the VLAN page.

Playing around with "nvram show | grep vlan.*ports" shows this:
vlan2ports=4 7u
vlan1ports=0 1 2 3 5 7*

Switching the ports between the vlans imply the following:
internal port 4 = port labelled [WAN]
internal ports 3-0 = port labelled 1-4
internal port 5 = connected to a switch that services ports labelled 5-8?

Is this correct?

Lastly, The "Link Aggregation on Ports 3 & 4" broke all the ethernet ports. What is it *supposed* to do?

rt-ac88u_ddwrt-r29519_vlan.png
 Description:
VLAN page link status error
 Filesize:  62.15 KB
 Viewed:  32001 Time(s)

rt-ac88u_ddwrt-r29519_vlan.png

wenuti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey all
Thinking about getting a rt-ac88u for its 8 ethernet ports. Anyone got these to work ? Also, double ethernet (for Synology), VLANs, openVPN, iptables, transparent proxy needed. Any problems on rt-ac88u there ?
Thanks
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
The second switch is a Realtek RTL8365MB.

See if you can configure it with SWCONFIG.
Scarius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 21:18    Post subject: Asus: RT-AC88u AC100 vs RT-AC3100 Reply with quote
I just recently purchased the Asus RT-AC3100 which does not have the aggregate port and only has 4 LAN ports instead of 8.

Has anyone confirmed that the Beta ac88u firmware will work for this router as well?
lirathal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 22:26    Post subject: Re: Asus: RT-AC88u AC100 vs RT-AC3100 Reply with quote
Scarius wrote:
I just recently purchased the Asus RT-AC3100 which does not have the aggregate port and only has 4 LAN ports instead of 8.

Has anyone confirmed that the Beta ac88u firmware will work for this router as well?

The AC-3100 and RT-AC88U are completely different devices. So it's unlikely? Maybe check the change log?
Smokin_Joe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you guys going to have the bugs figured out before my RT-AC88U arrives?
Sounds like a wild ride. DD-WRT not wanting to give it up, security not workin...ports mia...lights not lighting
(Lights what Lights???
I never look at em unless somethin is failing...lol)

Might be worthwhile having Flashrouters flash it for $100.
I would have to read the disclaimer from Flashrouters first Laughing
This router sure has potential. Wouldn't want to have to park it till the right flash comes along.
ASG1888
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:49    Post subject: ASUS RT88U acting up!! Reply with quote
I recently bought an rt88u, paid abt myr1.8K for the thing. After about two weeks..the damn thing started acting up, first i could not connect to my WIFI, i managed to log in and reapply the wifi settings. Next day it just died on me. No wi-fi, whatsoever..

I had to use a cable connection, directly apply static ip on my laptop and access the admin page and it would not load. Tried clearing my cache, security settings, certs etc. Still no luck.

I then tried a hard reset, by pressing the red reset button for 10sec, which did not resolve the issue, then the 30-30-30 methos and still no luck, and then wps method, again no luck!

Tried rescue method, to flash with FW. Nope, did not work either. So now i have a piece of crap worth 1.8k sitting on my f'ing desk and have reverted to my previpus router.

It pains me to see this, i really need advice here to get thia up and running. Pls pls pls help

Thanka
Smokin_Joe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:23    Post subject: Your post is missing a few vowels, sylables, and symbols Reply with quote
ASG1888 wrote:
I recently bought an rt88u, paid abt myr1.8K for the thing. After about two weeks..the damn thing started acting up, first i could not connect to my WIFI, i managed to log in and reapply the wifi settings. Next day it just died on me. No wi-fi, whatsoever..

I had to use a cable connection, directly apply static ip on my laptop and access the admin page and it would not load. Tried clearing my cache, security settings, certs etc. Still no luck.

I then tried a hard reset, by pressing the red reset button for 10sec, which did not resolve the issue, then the 30-30-30 methos and still no luck, and then wps method, again no luck!

Tried rescue method, to flash with FW. Nope, did not work either. So now i have a piece of crap worth 1.8k sitting on my f'ing desk and have reverted to my previpus router.

It pains me to see this, i really need advice here to get thia up and running. Pls pls pls help

Thanka

Sorry Are we talking about an Asus RT-AC88U?
Don't mean to be rude but...What did you pay for it?
And what have you done to it to have it Brickup on you?
I really am curious because I have one, still in pristine condition, sitting in my office with the original plastic on the box.
Start from the beginning..
Please
bally1976
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 16:46    Post subject: Asus Ac3100 ( with 4 Gig port) Reply with quote
Hi I need help

I used this guide to upgrade the firmware, once I put in recovery mode and select the file, the upload starts but fails at 50%

I used these two files
http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2016/10-06-2016-r30731/asus-rt-ac88u/

http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2016/10-06-2016-r30731/asus-rt-ac3100/
What am I doing wrong
Useful Prerequisite Information:

*router uses the reset button for recovery mode and the WPS button to hard reset.

*to put in recovery mode:
with router plug in and power button OFF
press & hold the RED RESET button
count to 10
press router power button ON
count to 10
release the RED RESET button

*to hard reset:
with router plug in and power button ON
press & hold WPS button
count 30 seconds
press router power button OFF
count 30 seconds
press router power button ON
count 30 seconds
release WPS button

To install DD-WRT Firmware:
0) Install Asus Firmware Recovery Utility to PC
1) Do hard reset on router
2) Put router in recovery mode
3) Run the Asus Firmware Recovery Utility on PC
4) Upload compatible DD-WRT firmware/build for rt-ac3100
5) Start the recovery (if router is not in recovery mode the utility will tell you)
6) Once finished wait 5 min
7) Do hard reset on router again
8 Go to 192.168.1.1
9) Welcome to DD-WRT user/pass creation page
10) You now have DD-WRT running on your Asus RT-AC3100
Jonathan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 23:58    Post subject: Re: Asus Ac3100 ( with 4 Gig port) Reply with quote
bally1976 wrote:
Hi I need help

To install DD-WRT, I used a two-step process:
1) Install ASUS-Merlin for RT-AC88U from the stock firmware upgrade page
2) Install DD-WRT for RT-AC88U from the ASUS-Merlin firmware upgrade page
Jonathan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:30    Post subject: AC88U and VLANs Reply with quote
From playing around with this, the only issue on the RT-AC88U that I can see remains the VLAN configuration and LAN port indication.

I've been able to configure pretty much everything else with no problem. But attempting to change anything on the VLAN GUI page locks out all ability to reach the router.

Going to play with nvram settings directly, though I anticipate needing quite a few resets.

Has anyone had any luck with VLAN configuration on this router?
flaminmoses
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thats a shame.
I need vlan 6 for the internet and have had to set it in my AC66U.
I want to flash the AC88U but obviously sounds like a major issue.
Let us know if you have any luck.
Jonathan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's actually a bug report on it, and it's assigned, but I don't see any movement on it in nearly a year.

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5102
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: