What firmware has stable SAMBA AND high speeds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
VChunkyzV
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 22:33    Post subject: What firmware has stable SAMBA AND high speeds? Reply with quote
So I was running a version of DD-WRT that was giving me high speeds (500) with "Shortcut Forwarding Engine" enabled but then my SAMBA share was not accessible with that. After much research I found that the version: DD-WRT v3.0-r43171 std (05/16/20), has a stable form of SAMBA. This is correct, I can access my NAS through any PC. Now the problem with that is that it's capping me at 100Mb even with Shortcut Forwarding Engine enabled. Is there a more recent version where I can get both high speeds AND a stable SAMBA version? Thanks for any advice in advance.
Sponsor
flood404
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds like the network dropped to 100Mbps connection speed.

This can be caused from a bad Ethernet cable or cheap cable that only has 4 wires which needs 8 to run at Gigabit speed. Check the plug and see if all 8 wires are present in the RJ45 connector. Or a computer configuration that is forcing a NIC to work only in 10/100 mode when its capable of 1Gbps speed. Or a old 10/100 switch would do this or using a 10/100 hub will drag a network down to the lowest supported speed.

I am using the latest version here.
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2021/02-11-2021-r45735/

I have gigabit ethernet and 400Mbps internet with 60Mbps up and no issues with it.
VChunkyzV
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. A little late with my reply here but forgot my password to here. After much troubleshooting, the culprit was a port in a switch. one.single.port. lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: