Safely opening the housing of a WRT600N wireless router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
bfvaneyck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:17    Post subject: Safely opening the housing of a WRT600N wireless router Reply with quote
I hate to open a new thread for this (very basic subject), but, my high school students have successfully detached the central rectangular antenna from this router. The repair seems simple other than I need to open the case in order to get some slack for the antenna wires in order to re-solder them. I'd like not to damage the housing, but have had only a short time examining how it's put together and wasn't able to see how to open it easily. My real question is: what's the best way to open the router up without damaging it so that we can put it back together once I reconnect the antenna wires?

Thanks for your patience.....
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
remove the screws beyond the device and then just open it. you cannot really damage something on it. you need some pressure on your finger nails while opening, but its just plastic.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
remove the screws beyond the device and then just open it. you cannot really damage something on it. you need some pressure on your finger nails while opening, but its just plastic.

Thanks Brian, I've been pouring over the forums for info on this router. I have wondered about the Broadcom chips and seems only breaking into the case will lend any positive identification.
I have been assuming it has the BCM4785 ver2 because of DD-WRT v24-sp2 mega 08/12/10 CLI response
root@DD-WRT:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
system type : Broadcom BCM4785 chip rev 2
processor : 0
cpu model : BCM3302 V1.10

Still investigate separating a gig Ethernet port into a separate vlan or/and looking for a way to separate mgnt vlan from a single wired user, while still providing that user gateway service from wan. I get confusing info about the switch chipset i.e., BCM 5397, or BCM 5395 (I have thought it was actually a BCM53115)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: