New build: DD-WRT v3.0 --- 28598 --- 2015/12/24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
GreyDoc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 15:10    Post subject: New build: DD-WRT v3.0 --- 28598 --- 2015/12/24 Reply with quote
DD-WRT build 28598 - 2015/12/24 has been released: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/12-24-2015-r28598/

Changelog: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=279466

Your reports for Marvell units are greatly appreciated !
Router:
Firmware:
Kernel:
Reset:
Errors:

This build thread is for reporting successes and problem with loading this experimental test build. This is important info for developers and users. Always state your hardware and SPECIFIC build (e.g. 28598_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin). Do not ask questions about your specific router or how to configure it in this thread; create your own thread to discuss any specific problems you have or need resolved. Please also do not respond to such questions. This thread is to report info, not to seek it. Posts that do not add to understanding this build will be deleted. Make sure you know how to flash properly and the risk before using this build. It is important to adhere to these requirements, to keep this thread from becoming impossibly long and useless. If you don't know what build to flash and how to flash properly and have a means of recovery if things should go wrong, do NOT flash this experimental test build.
Sponsor
satstuff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
12-24-2015-r28598/linksys-wrt1200ac/

This build has bricked my wrt1200AC.
Have a flashing power light and port lights when cable plugged in. 30 30 30 does not work nor does turning off and on rapidly 3 times revert to stock.
Giraffe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
satstuff wrote:
12-24-2015-r28598/linksys-wrt1200ac/

This build has bricked my wrt1200AC.
Have a flashing power light and port lights when cable plugged in. 30 30 30 does not work nor does turning off and on rapidly 3 times revert to stock.

Did you install from stock?

There's a known problem with installing BS-builds from stock to the WR1900ACv2 I bet you're router is affected as well: have a look at ticket #5081

Have you tried rebooting it by using the on-of switch three times in rapid succession in order to switch partitions?

It should be able to revert to the other partitions and boot from that.

I know it can be finicky to have the WRT1X00 switch partitions the timing needs to be just right.
satstuff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did the on-off three times and got back to an old version of dd-wrt so I reverted to stock and did a factory to ddwrt to see if this worked. unfortunately I bricked this partition as well.
I have a serial cable so I will have a go at flashing a previous version that way.
Giraffe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
satstuff wrote:
I did the on-off three times and got back to an old version of dd-wrt so I reverted to stock and did a factory to ddwrt to see if this worked. unfortunately I bricked this partition as well.
I have a serial cable so I will have a go at flashing a previous version that way.

Strange if you went from stock to DD-WRT then the stock partition shouldn't be affected, good thing you own a USB-TTL cable though. Smile

Would you mind reporting you're findings (including you router model) in the bugreport / ticket i mentioned earlier, thanks.
bherder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: WRT1900ACS
Firmware: ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/12-24-2015-r28598/linksys-wrt1900acs/

Kernel: Don't know
Status: Power light blinks at a constant rate. Link lights on ethernet indicators work
Reset: Able to go back to stock with 3 power off/on's
Errors: Cannot connect to the router after the flash

Not sure if you need more info. If so let me know.
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, last night I was trying to put one of the newer releases on my 1900v1, I tried r28598, and got the slow flashing power light. Tried some earlier builds, the two before this one and the same thing happened. I wanted to see how the new Marvell driver was, so I put Kong's on it, and it worked.

Everything seems snappier now, and speed has increased for me anyway, but I know it is his personal build and had to get it working or I would have heard it from the girlfriend Smile

Router: WRT1900ac v1
Firmware: r28598
Did the 3 on/off to get back to stock and loaded Kong's v3.0-r28575M kongmv (12/22/15)for now.
Did set back to factory defaults, not sure if that mattered or not. Just wasn't my night LOL

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
MrDoh
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Giraffe wrote:
satstuff wrote:

Strange if you went from stock to DD-WRT then the stock partition shouldn't be affected, good thing you own a USB-TTL cable though. Smile

Would you mind reporting you're findings (including you router model) in the bugreport / ticket i mentioned earlier, thanks.

Given that when he reverted to the other partition via the method of switching the power on and off, that was also dd-wrt, he had no stock partition left. He had dd-wrt in both partitions. And it sounds like the firmware in both partitions is now screwed up, so using a serial cable adapter to unbrick his router is exactly the right thing (and only thing) for him to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: