Delete Virtual Interface (dd-wrt_vap) - Wireless Hangs ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ed_pete
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 19:34    Post subject: Delete Virtual Interface (dd-wrt_vap) - Wireless Hangs ? Reply with quote
Hi all, my router is configured with a secured wireless interface (WPA2). Occasionally I add an unsecured virtual interface to my router as it's the easiest way for me to access to get wireless password via a browser (48 char random characters - not easily typed on an ipod touch for example).
All is fine except when I come to remove it, I click Remove, Save, Apply Settings and although the unsecured vap is removed, the main secured wireless connection goes down as well. I can still access the router via a wired connection and it looks OK when you login to the web interface but the only way to get the secured wireless network back up is a reboot. Anyone else ever suffered this or have any ideas ?

tia

Router: WRT320N
Build: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega - build 14929
Sponsor
Oshi7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just figured this out in 2020.

If you add a virtual-interface (WIRELESS-->BASIC Settings), evidently, on dual band router (mine is Linksys WRT1900ACS), the virtual interface comes up with an (ADVANCED) default setting of 'bridged'. I interpret this to mean that the 2 bands are unified into one DD-WRT_VAP.

Anyway, I selected 'ADVANCED' settings.
Deselected 'Bridge'.
Then I had 2 VAP points, on in 2.5GHz and one in 5Ghz.
Then I removed both, each in turn, and they disappeared.
hth,
j
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: