Linksys ea8500 port is ready

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124, 125  Next
Author Message
blkt
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 20 Jan 2019
Posts: 1283

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Right, verify the actual COM port's baud rate in device manager properties as well.
Sponsor
Untribium
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Jan 2020
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Right, verify the actual COM port's baud rate in device manager properties as well.


blkt many thanks!
Untribium
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Jan 2020
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
yes Sir, it's got to be 115200 baud rate Wink


Dear Sir, thank you very much for your time!
Untribium
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Jan 2020
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
115200, 8, 1, no parity, no flow control if I ain't done lost my mind.


Kernel i understood!
Regards!
Untribium
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Jan 2020
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
jaswinder wrote:
Oh and to validate,

attached image are my settings I used for 5 (and 2.4) based on https://flashrouters.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/225844427-DD-WRT-Wireless-Recommended-Settings


I highly recommend taking a look at my signature for best wifi settings to use...


Mr. msoengineer! Can i ask you?
Does Wi-Fi settings manual in your signature still actual? Especially for Linksys EA8500? I would like to configure my EA8500 2.5.GHz and 5GHz on maximum quality and stability. Also i use wi-fi extender Linksys.

I already installed DD-WRT v3.0-r42054 std (01/2/20)and it seemed to be fine!

Kind regards.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 31 Jan 2015
Posts: 5266
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Untribium,

Not that it really matters but here are my wireless settings on the EA8500 ..and have been for very long time Cool



msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 21 Jan 2017
Posts: 1132
Location: Illinois Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Untribium wrote:
msoengineer wrote:
jaswinder wrote:
Oh and to validate,

attached image are my settings I used for 5 (and 2.4) based on https://flashrouters.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/225844427-DD-WRT-Wireless-Recommended-Settings


I highly recommend taking a look at my signature for best wifi settings to use...


Mr. msoengineer! Can i ask you?
Does Wi-Fi settings manual in your signature still actual? Especially for Linksys EA8500? I would like to configure my EA8500 2.5.GHz and 5GHz on maximum quality and stability. Also i use wi-fi extender Linksys.

I already installed DD-WRT v3.0-r42054 std (01/2/20)and it seemed to be fine!

Kind regards.


I don't use any extenders, but I see no reason why my suggestions wouldn't work on extenders. MrJCD's settings are very similar to mine less the single user beam forming...

Otherwise, yes my suggested wifi settings are still applicable/viable.

_________________
TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | QCA WIFI WIKI | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]43874 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 nightly (2xOffsite)
[R7800]taking a nap
[WDR3600]BS 42567 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare here napping)
blkt
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 20 Jan 2019
Posts: 1283

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
EA8500 specs are a very close relative to R7800.

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Linksys_EA8500

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Netgear_R7800

In my opinion, EA8500 is everything the modern WRT series should have been. Spray paint the front blue.
Untribium
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Jan 2020
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Untribium,

Not that it really matters but here are my wireless settings on the EA8500 ..and have been for very long time Cool






WOW! Mrjcd many thanks! Great settins. I did the same & the same firwmware...
Untribium
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Jan 2020
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
EA8500 specs are a very close relative to R7800.

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Linksys_EA8500

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Netgear_R7800

In my opinion, EA8500 is everything the modern WRT series should have been. Spray paint the front blue.


Thank you for an explanation, Mr. BLKT!
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 31 Jan 2015
Posts: 5266
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Untribium wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
Untribium,

Not that it really matters but here are my wireless settings on the EA8500 ..and have been for very long time Cool






WOW! Mrjcd many thanks! Great settins. I did the same & the same firwmware...


hope it is working well for you Very Happy

just a NOTE:
the VAP on the 2.4 in my pics shows as 'bridged'
It is actually assigned to br1 along with a VLAN I have on port 4 of the EA8500.
The br1 is in fact an isolated network --- only gets internet and uses 9.9.9.9 DNS (QUAD9)
Main net used unbound --- Root DNS servers.
just wanted to clarify in case anyone wondering WTH Twisted Evil
FoxtrotPerry
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 23:10    Post subject: Downgrading before DD-WRT Install Reply with quote
Hey guys!

I just bought an EA8500 and it should be here in a few days so I was trying to figure out everything I need to know to get DD-WRT working on it. I couldn't find much on downgrading so i was wondering if anyone knew how to downgrade the firmware to 1.1.3.166845 (the version mentioned in the DD-WRT article for this router)

I'm a complete novice in this type of stuff so any help would be huge.

Thanks for the help in advance I really appreciate it!
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 904

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 23:18    Post subject: Re: Downgrading before DD-WRT Install Reply with quote
FoxtrotPerry wrote:

I just bought an EA8500 and it should be here in a few days so I was trying to figure out everything I need to know to get DD-WRT working on it. I couldn't find much on downgrading so i was wondering if anyone knew how to downgrade the firmware to 1.1.3.166845 (the version mentioned in the DD-WRT article for this router)

I'm a complete novice in this type of stuff so any help would be huge.

Thanks for the help in advance I really appreciate it!





See mrjcd’s site, everything you need to know is there..

http://mrjcd.com/EA8500_DD-WRT/

_________________

Linksys EA8500 - DD-WRT v3.0-r42856 std (04/07/20)as OpenVPN client behind pfsense box
Linksys EA8500 - DD-WRT v3.0-r43874 std (07/20/20)as Access Point
ASRock J3455B-ITX Quad Core / 8-GB of Ram pfsense 2.4.5-RELEASE-p1 <--Speedtest
ISP info: Verizon Fios | Alcatel I-211M-L
XPEnology DS3615xs
Not a Guru, just a dd-wrt aficionado...
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 6973
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just. Make. It. Stop. This. Is. Not. A. Help. Desk. Thread.
_________________
Official Forum Rules, Guidelines, and Helpful InformationFirmware FAQInstallation WikiWhere Do I Download Firmware?
DON'T use Chromium-based browsersRTFM/STFW - TL;DR is NOT an excuse. • Why Should I Care What Color the Bikeshed Is?
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
FoxtrotPerry
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:44    Post subject: Re: Downgrading before DD-WRT Install Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:
FoxtrotPerry wrote:

I just bought an EA8500 and it should be here in a few days so I was trying to figure out everything I need to know to get DD-WRT working on it. I couldn't find much on downgrading so i was wondering if anyone knew how to downgrade the firmware to 1.1.3.166845 (the version mentioned in the DD-WRT article for this router)

I'm a complete novice in this type of stuff so any help would be huge.

Thanks for the help in advance I really appreciate it!





See mrjcd’s site, everything you need to know is there..

http://mrjcd.com/EA8500_DD-WRT/


Thanks you so much I appreciate the help! I'm really excited to give this a shot!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124, 125  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 123 of 125
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum