Linksys ea8500 port is ready

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 123, 124, 125  Next
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 14:21    Post subject: Re: Problem with TPLINK HS110 smart plug Reply with quote
gmarquezp wrote:
Hello. I have my EA8500 with ddwrt. However I have some HS110 smart plugs from tplink that cannot connect to the WiFi.
I have connected this smart plugs to a to a tplink access point and a cisco router, so I concluded that the problem must be with the EA8500.

Anyone could give me a hint on how to troubleshoot this?

According to the "datasheet:"

· Protocol: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
· Wireless Type: 2.4GHz

So, what are your 2.4ghz settings?
Attach a picture no more than 760 pixels wide please.

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]52396 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 & 45493 (2xOffsite)
[R7800] resting
[WDR3600]BS 44715 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
Sponsor
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 16:30    Post subject: Re: Problem with TPLINK HS110 smart plug Reply with quote
gmarquezp wrote:
I have my EA8500 with ddwrt.

That don't tell us shit and not much reason to tell you anything.

but anyways ---
You should be using DD-WRT r41459

I know nothing about these goofy TP-Link HS110 smart plugs other than they are wireless IEEE 802.11b/g/n 1T1R

since I already had most this on text --- this is what I would try for its ath0 settings:
after you have r41459 installed

Wireless Network Mode = NG-Mixed
Channel Width = Full (20MHz)
TurboQAM (QAM256) support = Disable

Wireless SSID Broadcast = Enable

Noise Immunity = Disable
QCA Q-Boost / TDMA = Disable

Protection Mode = RTS/CTS
threshold = 1792

I normally would recommend both these as enabled but you might should try with both Disable for the stupid smart plugs
Short Preamble = Disable
Short GI = Disable

Single User Beamforming = Disable
Multi User Beamforming = Disable

Beacon Interval = 181
DTIM Interval = 2
Airtime Fairness = Disable
Frame Compression = Disable
WMM Support = Enabled

Sensitivity Range (ACK Timing) = 450 (set to 0 works very well --- you should reboot router after finish all setting changes)
Max Associated Clients = 128

Minimum Signal for authenticate = -128
Minimum Signal for connection = -128
Poll Time for signal lookup = 10
Amount of allowed low signals = 3

Multicast To Unicast = Disable
Network Configuration = Bridged
Radio Scheduling = Disable

Wireless Security
Security Mode = WPA
WPA2 Personal / CCMP-128 (AES) ...use at least an 8 character password
802.11r / Fast BSS Transission support = Disable
802.11w Management Frame Protection = Disable

Disable EAPOL Key Retries = Disable

MAC Filter
Wireless MAC Filter = Disable
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 17:48    Post subject: Re: Problem with TPLINK HS110 smart plug Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:

I too know nothing about this device, but I suspect it's the wireless mode used on the EA8500, more than anything, that is likely at fault.

These IoT devices use cheap shit wifi chipsets and likely use something that needs legacy wifi support even though it says B/G/N.... It's TP-Link to boot....

Try using straight up mixed mode first before playing with any other settings. You can always look at my signature for suggested wifi settings that should yield the most compatibility across mixed radio clients.

Otherwise it's the chipset driver/firmware on that smart plug that isn't playing nice and using legit 802.11 standards- which wouldn't be a surprise.

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R7800] resting
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 18:02    Post subject: Re: Problem with TPLINK HS110 smart plug Reply with quote
gmarquezp wrote:
Hello. I have my EA8500 with ddwrt. However I have some HS110 smart plugs from tplink that cannot connect to the WiFi.
I have connected this smart plugs to a to a tplink access point and a cisco router, so I concluded that the problem must be with the EA8500.

Easy fix. Revert to factory firmware. This firmware doesn't support IoT for shit because it's using incompatible code. This is why this firmware should be running either a RHEL patched 2.6 kernel, or properly patched 3.18 kernel. Because of IoT devices and what their firmware runs. Sorry, had a big spoon handy and the pot was on a lit burner and I couldn't resist.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Rocketboy235
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I have ran into some strange issues while flashing the latest BS build onto my EA8500 for one of my partitions.

I was able to flash BS r41586 onto partition 2 which previously had Kong r36175M (6/21/18 ). That worked fine.

However, when I try to flash BS r41586 onto partition 1 which currently has Kong r35700M (4/09/18 ), it seems to upload but then the page displays that it could not be reached instead of showing the upload success page and that the router would reboot.

My router appears to flash the linksys logo on the top 3 times before showing a constant light and then a few seconds later, flashes 3 times again (and constantly stuck in that loop).

After waiting several minutes, I restarted my router and it appears to boot into partition 2 which I know is working. Did I mess up partition 1 somehow that it would not accept any DD-WRT upgrades? I can still access partition 1 as I can switch to that partition when I'm on partition 2 and it still shows the pre-existing DD-WRT version.

Also, interestingly enough, when I set it to reset settings after doing firmware upgrade, upgrade would fail, boot to partition 2 and it seems that partition 2 DD-WRT settings were reset instead of partition 1?

Also, before I tried to flash the BS builds, I wanted to try Kong's version r38065M but apparently when I did the web upgrade process, it refused to upload it? It would stay at 1% for uploaded and I'm not sure why and nothing would happen after timing out. Had to turn the router off and on and then it would just show the same DD-WRT version as before...

2nd EDIT: Had to update again, sorry... Just rebooted my router and I am now able to see the partition 2 with the ubootenv commands so I think I might be okay for that part. Still a mystery why the router refuses to upgrade the firmware on partition 1....

3rd EDIT: I was wondering if anyone was experiencing the issue where the JFFS2 was not mounting? So I was coming from some mid 2018 Kong build and I guess very recently, DD-WRT moved from JFFS to UBIFs. Since I'm doing a clean firmware upgrade and starting from scratch, I thought I would not need to do any extra steps except for going to the settings and enabling JFFS2 internal flash storage and then doing a clean internal flash storage. Unfortunately, for the total/free size, it still shows not mounted.

4th EDIT: Guess I'm having a similar issue mentioned in this ticket https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6841#comment:8 though it says the issue was fixed in r41321? Getting similar warnings as well.

Screenshot of Router log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7arb2pflk2yj11w/jffs_error.JPG?dl=0

Did not attach picture to thread due to screesnhot size
lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 16:58    Post subject: Re: Problem with TPLINK HS110 smart plug Reply with quote
gmarquezp wrote:

I have four of the HS105s which work fine with my EA8500. I have not changed from the stock WiFi settings much, nothing special anyway. I do block them in the router to prevent them from calling home. I can still control them from outside my house via Mozilla IoT without using the TPLink app.
lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 17:03    Post subject: Encrypted DNS using 1.1.1.1 on EA8500 Reply with quote
So I set this up as my first two DNS entries. 1.1.1.1 as entry #1 and 1.0.0.1 as entry #2. However, I am not so sure it will just automatically use encryption. Any suggestions how to set this up properly on my EA8500 to use DNS over TLS or DNS over https?
Mrmoves
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi There,

Long time lurker and user of kong dd-wrt builds.
Just for my clarification.
Kong stopped.
Im running an old kong build now and i can upgrade using:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/
These versions.
(as i read above r41459 is recommended right now)

Thanks for confirming =)
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mrmoves wrote:
Hi There,

Kong stopped.
These versions.

Thanks for confirming =)

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1183329#1183329
gmarquezp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 0:37    Post subject: Re: Problem with TPLINK HS110 smart plug Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
mrjcd wrote:

I too know nothing about this device, but I suspect it's the wireless mode used on the EA8500, more than anything, that is likely at fault.

These IoT devices use cheap shit wifi chipsets and likely use something that needs legacy wifi support even though it says B/G/N.... It's TP-Link to boot....

Try using straight up mixed mode first before playing with any other settings. You can always look at my signature for suggested wifi settings that should yield the most compatibility across mixed radio clients.

Otherwise it's the chipset driver/firmware on that smart plug that isn't playing nice and using legit 802.11 standards- which wouldn't be a surprise.

Hi, yes it was the mode Embarassed

I had it configured on N-only mode for 2.4Ghz.

Changed to mixed GN and everything is working properly.
I also had the same problem with a Aquanta product that also only worked with 801.11g

Thanks for the patience despite of bringing such little info.
magnum226
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Mrmoves wrote:
Hi There,

Kong stopped.
These versions.

Thanks for confirming =)

I upgraded to r41663 from r41586 and my nightly reboot cron job has stopped working. Anyone notice similar?
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
magnum226 wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
Mrmoves wrote:
Hi There,

Kong stopped.
These versions.

Thanks for confirming =)

I upgraded to r41663 from r41586 and my nightly reboot cron job has stopped working. Anyone notice similar?

cron broke on many routers -- see:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=322285

I don't know what BS has done to it but I don't use it so it really doesn't bother me Twisted Evil
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
magnum226 wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
Mrmoves wrote:
Hi There,

Kong stopped.
These versions.

Thanks for confirming =)

I don't think too many people are using a nightly reboot.
I had to stop about a week ago when I started having wifi channel retention issues so I can't comment. Since wifi channels are messed, I will turn nightly reboot back on and let you know tomorrow.

BTW, (Friendly tone) next time post in the specific build number thread so we can make note for specific builds what issues people are having. This helps keep issues in the right place.

[R7800] resting
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
d0ug also reported that 41664 was working for cron. On Marvell, though. This is part of shared common code stuff in the firmware. If one platform works, they all should. If not, then there is some kinda case use in the code that is mucking sh*t up, at least that is my theory. The only changes I know of between 41663 and 41664 are kernel updates, nothing else.

X2 on posting in the build thread (or opening a new thread). Some of these device-support added specific threads have become a mess.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
magnum226
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
d0ug also reported that 41664 was working for cron. On Marvell, though. This is part of shared common code stuff in the firmware. If one platform works, they all should. If not, then there is some kinda case use in the code that is mucking sh*t up, at least that is my theory. The only changes I know of between 41663 and 41664 are kernel updates, nothing else.

X2 on posting in the build thread (or opening a new thread). Some of these device-support added specific threads have become a mess.

i will try 41664 on one of my EA8500's and see if it works again..

and agreed on the build threads..i had a brain fart Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 123, 124, 125  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 120 of 125
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: