I'm SO sorry in advance for posting a basic Q

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hedonismbot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 0:57    Post subject: I'm SO sorry in advance for posting a basic Q Reply with quote
But I'm having a really hard time searching for answers because I'm not sure on the terminology of what I'm after.

I'm killing myself trying to setup a router to act as a wired repeater/bridge/access point. Part of my problem is that I can't google search how to do it because I don't even know what the terminology is. Here's a diagram of what I'm trying to achieve:

I need to have a secondary wireless router that I can plug devices into and obtain internet service however that secondary router is in another room and has no ethernet connection to the main router (the main router is plugged into the cable modem)

I've already bricked an old (WRT54G2 V1) router trying to install the firewares available on this site, now I'm working with a Linksys E2500

Any help?

Thanks!
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers and
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:06    Post subject: Re: I'm SO sorry in advance for posting a basic Q Reply with quote
hedonismbot wrote:
I need to have a secondary wireless router that I can plug devices into and obtain internet service however that secondary router is in another room and has no ethernet connection to the main router (the main router is plugged into the cable modem)
The diagram you posted is of the Client Bridge from this site. That is what you want, if you want the networks on both sides to act as a single network (otherwise you just want 'Client'); follow Malachi's link's to that (or the other) end. Smile
|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
thenotwellman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the peacock thread and you might be able to unbrick the other router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: