Linksys EA6350 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
BungieCord wrote:
Thanks for the help, theboz. Thanks to your thread two pages back I got DD-WRT loaded on my v1 without drama. I've soft rebooted, hard rebooted and done a reset and it's still there.

Hey, Malachi, that ASUS router you sold me is still rockin'. I've left JB's Merlin firmware on it but I'm losing my patience with how much harder Merlin makes editing IP tables. Plus flashing DD-WRT on this EA6350 reminded me how much more 'familiar' it looks (still) than the AsusWrt-Merlin. Now I need to budget the time to make the switch.

Good to hear it's still working. I've got a tm-ac1900 converted to rt-ac68u with the latest aimesh on it that I used with another one.
Made sure that it can't be reverted to tm-ac1900, listed in on Craigslist. Got offered $20 for it. Lol.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 13:32    Post subject: Flashing Success, Access Restrictions Fail Reply with quote
I've succeeded flashing my Linksys ea6350 v2 using mengalva's method. However, Access Restrictions doesn't seem to work. When I set time-based restrictions, they start at the desired time but do not ever automatically stop denying access. I have to manually disable status and only then I regain Internet access. I tried flashing router to a new firmware version using DD-WRT's web GUI, but even though the process says it's successful, the router seems to revert to the previous version of DD-WRT I originally flashed using a USB to 3.3V/5V TTL adapter. I guess I'll have to solder every time in order to upgrade to a new DD-WRT version?
I've Attached my DD-WRT version.

ddwrt_version.png
 Description:
currect DD-WRT version
 Filesize:  1.57 KB
 Viewed:  10428 Time(s)

ddwrt_version.png

mengalva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:25    Post subject: Re: Flashing Success, Access Restrictions Fail Reply with quote
jcvcms wrote:
I've succeeded flashing my Linksys ea6350 v2 using mengalva's method. However, Access Restrictions doesn't seem to work. When I set time-based restrictions, they start at the desired time but do not ever automatically stop denying access. I have to manually disable status and only then I regain Internet access. I tried flashing router to a new firmware version using DD-WRT's web GUI, but even though the process says it's successful, the router seems to revert to the previous version of DD-WRT I originally flashed using a USB to 3.3V/5V TTL adapter. I guess I'll have to solder every time in order to upgrade to a new DD-WRT version?
I've Attached my DD-WRT version.

Hi jcvcms, I suggest to use dupont cables instead of soldering the cables to the board, it makes easier to upgrade the firmware.

About the access restrictions maybe you can try Kong's firmware "dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin" that's the one I have installed. You can download it from http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/
BungieCord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought DD-WRT had 'taken' on the EA6350.v1 but apparently not.

Malachi wrote:
Flash it twice with the same dd-wrt build, that way when it boots into the other partition, it will still be in dd-wrt.

By this I presume you mean flash it once with the OE firmware, then again with DD-WRT? Just to be sure I flashed it twice using the same DD-WRT but it still occasionally reverts to the OE firmware.

Either something odd happens in the GUI, like I don't have a selection available in a pull-down that I know should be there so I command a reboot, or it spontaneously reboots during an 'Apply" that shouldn't require one. And the OE interface comes back.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Strange. I meant, flash it with dd-wrt then flash it again with dd-wrt. So that dd-wrt is on both partitions.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
The last time I re-flashed it three times in quick succession (through DD-WRT) and it still went back to the OE.

And now the OE firmware is munged up. I can't get past the LinkSys cloud crapware to access the controls to re-flash either with a fresh copy of the OE or try DD-WRT again.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
These routers are junk to begin with.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:

I'd have known that before if I'd found this thread but I scrimped on the research because I got it for my brother, who's been wheedling me for a couple of years to find him a router that isn't a choke point to his Internet speeds. I tried to get him to buy the Buffalo router you also had for sale when I bought the ASUS from you, and even that long ago I already had grown tired of his analysis paralysis. So when he asked this time I only checked to see that it was supported by DD-WRT and that it had decent reviews at Small Net Builder and elsewhere before I bought it.

When it arrived, I started by configuring the OE interface, which was reasonably thorough and in fact some of its functions -- like the guest network setup and QOS for multimedia applances -- were much simpler than DD-WRT. But I knew he wanted to repurpose the old router as a bridge, moving it to the other end of the house to cover a dead spot, which I figured I'd be more likely to support with DD-WRT than with the EA6350's OE firmware. So I flashed it.

And that's how I got in this condition. Still more evidence, no good deed goes unpunished.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
BungieCord wrote:
Malachi wrote:

I'd have known that before if I'd found this thread but I scrimped on the research because I got it for my brother, who's been wheedling me for a couple of years to find him a router that isn't a choke point to his Internet speeds. I tried to get him to buy the Buffalo router you also had for sale when I bought the ASUS from you, and even that long ago I already had grown tired of his analysis paralysis. So when he asked this time I only checked to see that it was supported by DD-WRT and that it had decent reviews at Small Net Builder and elsewhere before I bought it.

When it arrived, I started by configuring the OE interface, which was reasonably thorough and in fact some of its functions -- like the guest network setup and QOS for multimedia applances -- were much simpler than DD-WRT. But I knew he wanted to repurpose the old router as a bridge, moving it to the other end of the house to cover a dead spot, which I figured I'd be more likely to support with DD-WRT than with the EA6350's OE firmware. So I flashed it.

And that's how I got in this condition. Still more evidence, no good deed goes unpunished.

I bought an ea6350 at goodwill two weeks ago for $1. I put dd-wrt on it, flashed the custom cfe murkff provided 10 years ago, still junk. Tried to revert to stock, junk. Tried to flash Merlin on it since it had a modified asus cfe. Couldn’t fix it with serial, so I threw it away.
Going to list an r7800 for $70 this weekend. Running Kong’s latest.

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm trying to tftp an OEM image back onto an EA6350v1 with no luck.

I'm using Win7 with ctcp disabled, and I've tried LinkSys's tftp utility and the one linked to from the Peacock thread. I've checked "Run as administrator" in the settings of both of the tftp utilities, and I'm starting them from command line in a window started with Administrator privileges.

Has anyone ever succeeded in getting an EA6350 to boot into management mode? Or have any tips for getting the tftp timing right?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was only able to do it with serial.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
What's the difference between Kong's builds and official builds? Also I'm going to flash the V2 using the serial method soon, so do I need to go from official to Kong's, or can I go straight to Kong's?
BungieCord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:

Did you use a level-shifting serial adapter? I'm thinking I should invest in a cable and see if I can revive this thing, if only for the experience.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
BungieCord wrote:
Malachi wrote:

Did you use a level-shifting serial adapter? I'm thinking I should invest in a cable and see if I can revive this thing, if only for the experience.

If you google dd-wrt serial recovery, I have a link there for the kind I use.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
BungieCord wrote:
Malachi wrote:

If you google dd-wrt serial recovery, I have a link there for the kind I use.

Thank you.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: