Linksys EA6350 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
technoside2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Newgel wrote:
technoside2 wrote:

I have a ea6350 v2 so far it's been pretty stable. Every time I reboot the 2.4ghz wireless looses it's security settings .. I just re-apply and save after reboot. not a big deal. overall it's pretty stable. really good 5ghz speed.

I have the exact same problem. Is anyone working on a solution or is there any known workaround for this 2.4ghz wireless config issue?

I even tried to create a script to re-apply settings at boot time but I was unable to identify which commands are run when we click on "apply settings". Everything I tried failed.

I just stopped rebooting my router.. I used to have it reboot once a week but honestly I only reboot it now with a FW upgrade. I just remember to re-apply the 2.4 ghz security every time.

Sponsor
NotQuiteAKing
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, new to this but I've managed to successfully install the KONG build technoside2 listed above on my EA6350 v1 and its been fairly stable the past couple of days.

One problem I'm having is I've setup a NAS using an external HDD, but it's running fairly slow. Upload speeds consistently stuck at 10MB/s while Download speeds are typically as low as 3 MB/s.

Is this a build issue, a USB issue or has something gone wrong with my install?
technoside2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
NotQuiteAKing wrote:
Hi, new to this but I've managed to successfully install the KONG build technoside2 listed above on my EA6350 v1 and its been fairly stable the past couple of days.

One problem I'm having is I've setup a NAS using an external HDD, but it's running fairly slow. Upload speeds consistently stuck at 10MB/s while Download speeds are typically as low as 3 MB/s.

Is this a build issue, a USB issue or has something gone wrong with my install?

I've switched over to (BS) BrainSlayer Builds b/c KONG has left DD-WRT for development. I just upgraded to the 1/9/20 build of BS. So far it's been pretty stable. I do not use the USB nas portion of dd-wrt so I'm not sure of issues. Good luck guys !! and happy flashing.

gentlevikinglord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
roybatty wrote:
jfunk7997 wrote:
guillaumedsde wrote:
To anyone with the ea6350v2, it seems like if you update to the latest official firmware and then flash latest ddwrt it works.

It does not reboot to the second partition with the stock firmware.

If you do want to go back to the stock firmware, do a 30/30/30 reset.

IMPORTANT
if you do decide to flash ddwrt, do know that the reset button only resets the stock partition's data not ddwrt's, hence the reset does not work for DDWRT.

I learned the lesson the hard way as I am locked out of the web interface with no other way to access the router.

HOWEVER
if you're not like me and don't lose the password to the web interface, it seems like ddwrt is working great

I have a v2, but I can't get the linksys firmware to flash the webflash file. It just gives an invalid firmware error. I'm new to flashing routers. Am I missing something?

Following guillaumedsde's advice I have successfully flashed the latest DD-WRT build (01-19-2018-r34578) after updating to the latest LinkSys EA6530 V2's build (2.1.2.184309).

I used the LinkSys UI to perform both updates and each was successful at first attempt. My router was bought specifically for the purpose of setting up a VPN endpoint on my network and these updates were the first things I did out of the box.

I have been running what appears to be a stable environment for a little over a day now. I haven't used the reset button on the box, but rather if I need to I switch it off and then back on again (only had to do this to move it from one power outlet to another).

Still got a bit to do to get the router doing what I need for my network, but all looks good from a DD-WRT point of view...

Hi this sounds great can anyone tell me exactly what you mean by "latest DD-WRT build (01-19-2018-r34578)" above? Is that a file or a family of files and if it is a family, which one do I want? The one for the 6350v1? Thanks.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
gentlevikinglord wrote:
Hi this sounds great can anyone tell me exactly what you mean by "latest DD-WRT build (01-19-2018-r34578)" above? Is that a file or a family of files and if it is a family, which one do I want? The one for the 6350v1? Thanks.

Looks like you've pulled something completely out of the middle or towards the end of this thread without looking into your specific device. Please re-read this thread in it's entirety to figure out how to install DD-WRT on the EA6350.

Doing some digging, it looks like it wasn't officially supported until 28139

The current build is 42054

You should do some research in the build threads and read this thread in it's entirety before making any hasty decisions, perhaps.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
ZaurS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have red all pages and I am still confused Sad Is there any regular less painful way to flash EA6350 V2 to dd-wrt without calling witches? Appreciate if somebody can advise and throw the link to stable build.
ZaurS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
gentlevikinglord wrote:

Looks like you've pulled something completely out of the middle or towards the end of this thread without looking into your specific device. Please re-read this thread in it's entirety to figure out how to install DD-WRT on the EA6350.

Doing some digging, it looks like it wasn't officially supported until 28139

The current build is 42054

You should do some research in the build threads and read this thread in it's entirety before making any hasty decisions, perhaps.

You know, I did exactly the same as it was described. Updated to the latest LinkSys EA6530 V2's build (2.1.2.184309) manually. Downloaded the latest dd-wrt build (actually a few of them) and tried to upload into my router but it did not accepted that. See attached screenshot.

So, apparently people competency is not the case. It just looks like a matter of luck which is not mentioned anywhere in this thread.

IMG-3656.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  114.48 KB
 Viewed:  10862 Time(s)

IMG-3656.JPG

technoside2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:20    Post subject: EA6350 V2 Reply with quote
Guys,

Take a looks at page 22 of this thread. I had the exact same issue you guys are facing. The person who posted about updating to the latest linksys firmware and then straight to DD-wrt, I believe is a V1 hardware. The flash would work for a little while but then after a reboot it would revert back. For the V2 hardware of the EA6350 that I am currently using, you must hook up a serial cable to the pinout on the motherboard. Page 22 of this thread breaks down my experience with flashing dd-wrt on my EA6350. Overall, I'm very happy that I did flash dd-wrt. It's been way better that the stock FW. Also due warning, there's no reverting back to stock after you're on DD-wrt. At least no method that I have found.

Good luck !

I'm here if you have questions or need an old KONG fw file.

technoside2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:11    Post subject: EA6350 V2 Reply with quote
It Looks like the wikidevi site was taken down. But I looked through the archives and found the EA6350 pinout. see attached. I hope this helps. Good luck !!

800x600_even-smaller-ea6350.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  297.07 KB
 Viewed:  13571 Time(s)

800x600_even-smaller-ea6350.jpg

Last edited by technoside2 on Sat Feb 08, 2020 15:52; edited 1 time in total
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could you resize that image to 800x600, please? And yes, the original wikidevi is no longer, but there is these two sites for information:

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/index.php/Main_Page

http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

----------------------
technoside2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry about that, image resized. Here's a direct link to the EA6350 V2 site.

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Linksys_EA6350_v2

Hope this helps.

imWACCo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Please re-read this thread in it's entirety to figure out how to install DD-WRT on the EA6350.

...or someone that knows how, can write a Install Guide and/or wiki.

Because reading 26 pages (and growing), half of it not pertaining to you, is a good day spent.

It's like the old Linux saying:
Linux is the best OS!!!!
as long as you can spend 6 months reading forums, just to figure out how to turn up the volume.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
EDITED: Yes, I agree that this thread is cumbersome. I will see what I can do to compile the information in the thread to pass on to the other moderator(s) who have wiki access to populate this page: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_EA6350.

ADD: I have posted in the moderator forum to see about locking this thread temporarily to clean it up and get the information sorted out.

@Dark_Shadow, if you have started manipulating the wiki page, thanks.

----------------------
imWACCo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
@kernel-panic69

Sorry, I did not mean to come across harsh.

It's just that I've been doing this for 40ish years. RtFM is a wonderful answer... If the .MAN is shot and to the point.

Growing up with a C64, the manual was 6 or 7 books, and that did not cover the add-on-hardware and programs*.

The long and short of it, I have two v1 and a v2. I'd just like to get DD-WRT on them so the family stops Sad Mad Evil or Very Mad

*Any one else remember the WordStar manual?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
This procedure should work for both v1 and v2:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1111599&highlight=#1111599

using this as a reference for pinout (verify with multimeter)*:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1190747#1190747

Otherwise, you have to use the numminit-super-hacky file via Linksys stock webUI and then flash the webflash bin file.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=988698#988698

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=33546

Somewhere in this thread, I believe they mention having to use a modified CFE for the v1 but NOT the v2 due to the 32k nvram bug in EA series routers:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=995298#995298

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1168061#1168061

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_EA6400

@imWACCo: No worries. I am only trying to help clean up the train wrecks.

@Dark_Shadow: If you removed the placeholder for the wiki, that was not a nice thing to do.

----------------------

Last edited by kernel-panic69 on Sun Apr 12, 2020 20:18; edited 3 times in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 25 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: