Linksys EA6350 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Fearthehog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
ghoffman wrote:
you can try to flash numint's crippled and smaller build for the ea6300/ea6400:
http://d.pr/f/17CIg/5I5UrVmX+

just set a username and password, but dont; save/commit any other settings.
then, flash a newer (ea6350) build, and you should be good to go.

Thanks for the info.

I will try this and report back
Sponsor
Fearthehog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Okay so I did what you suggested and I can say that it worked.

I flashed the micro-build then after changing the password, I immediately flashed to the E6350 build.

So far so good.

I will report any issues if found.

[/url]
nizmot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I flash the mini(linksys-ea6400-numinit-super-hacky-smaller-version.bin) i get dd-wrt webGUI. Then when i flash the linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin over I don't know how but I get the linksys webGUI Confused
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flash the mini numinit build twice, then the regular build.
When you flash the mini build only once, it tries to flash the full build on the second partition which still has the linksys firmware on it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you

Edit: Tried to flash twice in linksysGUI no go and tried to flash once in linksysGUI and once in DD-WRT and no go again
Fearthehog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
nizmot wrote:
Thank you

Edit: Tried to flash twice in linksysGUI no go and tried to flash once in linksysGUI and once in DD-WRT and no go again

I would try and restore the E6350 back to factory. What version of firmware is on there currently?

I was on 1.0.3.x (A couple posts up for exact).

I flashed the mini build and waited about 10 mins. After I logged back into the router (192.168.1.1), and set the username and password to get past that screen. After I immediately flashed the full build and waited about another 10 mins and went back to the webgui and set up the username and password again.

So far no issues.

Good luck.
nizmot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am on 1.0.3.160602
Now I have tried to do the flash with internet explorer. Before I was trying with chrome but still no go Sad
nizmot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK finally running Smile
I had to update to the latest Linksys firmware.Then I flashed the linksys-ea6400-numinit-super-hacky-smaller-version.bin and after that linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin and now it works Smile

Ruter.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  153.3 KB
 Viewed:  37333 Time(s)

Ruter.jpg

KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's good news. Someone should make a wiki page with these details...
nizmot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you tell me how to log in wiki I will do it in a moment.
5GHz iz not working for now what I have been testing. At the begging both were not working.

EDIT: It's working with wireless channel 40 - 5.200MHz
MacMurdo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 0:27    Post subject: Flash Linksys EA6350 issue Reply with quote
Help!! I have tried the above on my brand new EA6350 v2 with up to date software.

I can get the small version to flash, but as soon as I try to load anything else, including the small version a second time, the system magically rebuilds the original Linksys GUI.

I really would like to be able to do this... I want to use this router as a gateway to VPN bridged through my existing factory spec Linksys AC1900 v1. I tested all of this on an old E3000 that was just sitting around and got it to work but for whatever reason my RE would not see the 5GHz signal and so it didn't stream very well. I thought this newer hardware would work better, but I'm foiled by this auto-rebuilding OS.

Any clues??? Should I be doing 30/30/30 resets at any point? I did that with the E3000 sequentially updating to newer platforms over a couple of hours yesterday... tedious but at least the systems did what they were supposed to. Should I take some very early platform and flash to that first, then serially update???

I'm obviously stumped. Any helpful suggestions appreciated!!! Rolling Eyes
nizmot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also have this problem with the rebuilding OS. I was successful to get the normal build but as I took the power cord out and back in the original OS was on the router. And now I can't even flash the small build Sad When I flash it it's like nothing happened.

I don't know what is going on Smile
mrjoneskod
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 16:23    Post subject: Bricked my router Reply with quote
I tryed as you guys said. It worked for few days, them my internet was slowing down. I tryed to reboot the router using the DDWRT web interface and "BAM" I'm out of router, it blinks the mais led for a minute or so, and i can ping the router, but it fails to load the firmware trougth tftp and also it boots again every minute.

Any ideas?
nizmot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you try the reset button on the back? Because when I reset the router the second time I got it running but with linksys GUI.
mrjoneskod
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I have tryed to reset it several times with same result. I'm guessing that the only way to save it is using jtag or serial, but I dont know how to use eigther.

How long do you press the reset button?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: