New build: DD-WRT v3.0 --- 27745 --- 2015/08/25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Detection
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Website blocking and keyword blocking still not working

This has been broken for about 20 builds now...

KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Detection wrote:

That's too vague. Which was the last build that worked for you ? If we can narrow it down, we might be able to track down the commits that broke it. Otherwise, it's an exercise in futility.

Detection
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
Detection wrote:

That's too vague. Which was the last build that worked for you ? If we can narrow it down, we might be able to track down the commits that broke it. Otherwise, it's an exercise in futility.

I don't remember exactly, I tried it a good while ago, it worked, but I didn't need it back then, since then, I've upgraded many builds without checking it because I still didn't need it, then a good few builds back I did need it, and tried blocking sites, discovered it wasn't working, and have been checking each new build ever since, none have ever worked

So without flashing a load of old builds and testing them all until I find one that works, I'm not sure

The FTP is down atm too

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r27745 std (08/25/15)
Kernel Version: Linux 3.10.87 #7817 Tue Aug 25 01:48:19 CEST 2015 mips

Reset: No
Errors: No Error but have stability issue.

ADSL drop and reconnect very often. Fallback to r27716

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can confirm url blocking using the access restrictions tab _works_ with 27506, what I run today.
Detection
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
jmfolcik wrote:
I can confirm url blocking using the access restrictions tab _works_ with 27506, what I run today.

Is your router the WRT160NL ?

The tab works in all builds, the actual blocking does not

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: D-Link DIR-825 B2
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r27745 std (08/25/15)

Reset: NO
Errors: user and passoword

no works root and admin

jackobi7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bug 1: On WDR3600, activating (via www or nvram set):

usb_automnt=1

is stopping access via www to router.

Bug 2: Restoring backup via www interface causing errors to settings. I didnt test restoring with nvram restore.
Working way is dumping by dd /dev/mtd4 and restoring with mtd write, all 64KB memory area.

Bug 3: Well known reset button
un1versal
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
SO now that SSH and reset button has been fixed when are the next builds going to come out?

I need a FW with a recent openssl and that SSH and reset buttons works.

Is there any howto or readme how to compile builds for the WZR-HP-G300NH or whatever. Ide have a go at compiling this from source and maybe not compile stuff in I dont need.

I see http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Compiling_DD-WRT_Sources is there newer toolchains or is that it?

How do I compile specifically for WZR-HP-G300NH does it have configure switches or something to comtrol what gest compiled in?
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
un1versal wrote:
SO now that SSH and reset button has been fixed when are the next builds going to come out?

I need a FW with a recent openssl and that SSH and reset buttons works.

Is there any howto or readme how to compile builds for the WZR-HP-G300NH or whatever. Ide have a go at compiling this from source and maybe not compile stuff in I dont need.

I see http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Compiling_DD-WRT_Sources is there newer toolchains or is that it?

How do I compile specifically for WZR-HP-G300NH does it have configure switches or something to comtrol what gest compiled in?

i wouldnt want to rush it http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4834 and its unlikely just 2 routers are going to have that either..310+ are supported

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

un1versal
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thats why Im asking how to compile specifically for this unit. I need a recent firmware with newer ssl, I dont have 4 or 5 routers like everyone here seems to have.

My other router died my WZR-HP_G300NH was the backup, but since this router is in this state http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4742 Im now considering spending money buying a router that a) doesn't brick on each reflash b) that I dont have to reconfigure everything by hand in each reflash (3 hours total) each time. and that runs recent openssl so that I can actually use the services I need.

I get this is beta, but the issues on this unit are over a year old and since I cant twist anyones arm to fix it, Im willing to buy a new router.

Now finding one that supports ddwrt and works seems like a pot luck thing atm... very frustrating.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
@un1versal
Compiling from scratch will be very difficult, since the driver repository is not visible for us mortals... I don't know if any regular (non-dev) user ever managed to successfully compile a functional DD-WRT build.
I'd stay with 27506, or if you need newer OpenSSL, then go with latest 27745 and enable the reset button manually via SSH or Telnet.

jmfolcik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Detection wrote:
jmfolcik wrote:

Actual blocking works for me, I'm on a TPLink 841 v8. By simply entering wwww.toms.com for example into the "web site blocking by URL address" A client machine trying to go there gets this message: "the connection was reset"
I wouldn't think the code for this part would be different between router specific builds of the same builds would it?
Detection
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
jmfolcik wrote:
Detection wrote:
jmfolcik wrote:

Actual blocking works for me, I'm on a TPLink 841 v8. By simply entering wwww.toms.com for example into the "web site blocking by URL address" A client machine trying to go there gets this message: "the connection was reset"
I wouldn't think the code for this part would be different between router specific builds of the same builds would it?

Yea it must be, bugs that affect others are not present in the same build for me, and vice versa

Site blocking for example Smile

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
un1versal wrote:
b) that I dont have to reconfigure everything by hand in each reflash (3 hours total) each time.

Deselect: "Use NVRAM for client lease DB" from Services Management > DHCP Server and configure static DHCP leases via script. For some reason when I had this on my router would reset itself and wipe nvram contents.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: