WRT54G resolution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 0:23    Post subject: WRT54G resolution Reply with quote
Hello All - After (four thought to be successful attempts) the fifth try worked. However I had to.

First I am working with the WRT54G v8 and I followed the excellent howto post with no problems but every time I went to log back in to my router the old firmware was still there.

By the fifth attempt with small steps of progress along the way. I say this because the web login screen changed for me and finally "using I.E" I received the "Firmware update Successful" message after uploading the killer file.

The command message changed also when the micro file finally went. Prior to my fifth attempt the command message would always prompt me it timed out during the micro transfer.

Somewhere along the way I made a change to the router login. I set the password to no password and also enabled the maintenance port 8080 I think.

These to changes allowed me the successful fifth attempt.

Note: My web log in menu changed as it went to maintenance mode "small window with file browse option" and it prompted me with "Successful update" and the command message changed from "timed out" to transfer complete.

I was after the (QOS) option to help me out with my VOIP service as I have been having issues with it, mind you by now I am suspecting my COMCAST provider is part of my issues as I just read a post on how the FCC was investigating there competition snuffing practices or alleged "whatever".
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: