Netgear Routers Compatability Request

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Would you like these to be added?
Yes
95%
 95%  [ 113 ]
No
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 118

Javve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:42    Post subject: Bad wireless Reply with quote
I got one of these for a 10 spot. Wireless went out when it was moved from one end of the room to the other while turned on and everything connected. I do not need the wireless right now but hoping that a good reset and maybe a firmware update will help the cause.

If nothing else it'll work for what I need while I need it.

Now to do my search for doing resets. I have seen the term 30/30/30 but other than that haven't the slightest what that refers too. I am always willing to learn something new that I can also help others with!
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:50    Post subject: Re: Bad wireless Reply with quote
Javve wrote:

Now to do my search for doing resets. I have seen the term 30/30/30 but other than that haven't the slightest what that refers too. I am always willing to learn something new that I can also help others with!

Info is in the dd-wrt wiki under 'Hard Reset' without the quotes of course.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
johnthexiii
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 19:57    Post subject: How much...? Reply with quote
would someone have to "donate" to get wgr614v9 working?
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
no... i have it. dd-wrt is not possible on v9 because of only 16k nvram there.
johnthexiii
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm no programmer but by the way you said that I'll take it there is no way to cut down the size, or make a special, smaller version of the software...
kusanagi-sama
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
This router has only 16KB of NVRAM? How does it work with that little amount?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not an expert, I was just wondering if it could be done... If 16kb isn't enough what then what is enough. Could the hardware be modded or maybe something else...?
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
We can/must replace the cfe, but the problem is that none of our cfes work reliably on this router. Netgear must have used some dirty tricks.
mentholflash
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
We can/must replace the cfe, but the problem is that none of our cfes work reliably on this router. Netgear must have used some dirty tricks.
Hi mate
would it be possible to change the ram in this device so that it supports dd-wrt
i think there is only 1 ram port on this device is there another winbond ram ic that is 32mb or is it posible to pigyback another ram ic onto this device
only reason i ask is i have a dir 615 that has had the wrong power adapter put to it so constantly flashing power light but as ime unable to find out wich component has failed i have the 2 ram ics from that board and it allready had dd-wrt on it
just thinking i could use these ram chips to power up my netgear router
thanks and dont be afraid to laugh if this is a ridiculous idea
cheers
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
mentholflash wrote:
Eko wrote:
Hi mate
would it be possible to change the ram in this device so that it supports dd-wrt
i think there is only 1 ram port on this device is there another winbond ram ic that is 32mb or is it posible to pigyback another ram ic onto this device
only reason i ask is i have a dir 615 that has had the wrong power adapter put to it so constantly flashing power light but as ime unable to find out wich component has failed i have the 2 ram ics from that board and it allready had dd-wrt on it
just thinking i could use these ram chips to power up my netgear router
thanks and dont be afraid to laugh if this is a ridiculous idea
cheers

Not a very ridiculous idea, but the main problem here would be even if you do change out the ram chips, you would have to donate one of the modded units for the devs to port to that new hardware setup. Because none of them would have this kind of hardware to do the port for and it wouldn't be something they could buy in the store either.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
mentholflash
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 18:17    Post subject: modded netgear Reply with quote
hi mate how about if i wrote the origonal ram to the first part of the ram ic then tried upgradeing to dd-wrt i have provision to read and write these ic's or i could swap the flash and ram would this work

thanks for the reply
dkshadow9498
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 18:06    Post subject: Just a REALLY micro version? Reply with quote
I have recently moved to a home that has trouble receiving my wireless signal in all locations of hte house. I happen to have a v9 laying around and was hoping to use this POS as a repeater.

Netgear's stock firmware (even up to the last version for the v9) only allows you to use it as a repeater provided you use NO authentication (out of the question), or WEP (also out of the question), but will not let you use WPA.

I've been following this thread for a "considerable" amount of time, and I assume the project to be dead. I was wondering if it was possible to strip down the Micro of just about everything except for the wireless repeater functions and get it to boot on a v9? Or am I just dreaming?

If anyone thinks it's possible, could they just give me a quick how-to to do it? (I am not a programmer, but I adapt quickly when shown what to do).

Sure I can always buy an external antenna, or a cheap router that CAN run dd-wrt (Amazon sells one for $32 with dd-wrt preinstalled), but since I have this box netgear box of junk doing nothing, would like to utilize it.

THanks.
grodders
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 17:55    Post subject: I have some v9's i can spare.. Reply with quote
Hi there, first time poster! Been using DDWRT on a D-Link DIR-615 & would like these WGR614v9's to run it too..

I have about 5 of these things, all v9's, a home-made JTAG lead & a fair experience with linux and tinkering.

I am more than happy to donate one of these babies to a dev or work closely to get something working... Reading the posts it appears people came real close....

PM me details on where to send one, am located in UK here.

Regards
Devinator4711
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want to turn my wnr1000 v1/ v2 's into repeaters but i cant find support for them yet is there any other firmware / when will they be supported by dd-wrt
DasFox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ahh this stinks I have one too and I was hoping...

Boooo Hoooo Sad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 20 of 21
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: