Forward incoming ISP traffic while running VPN client?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking
mn1247
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:45    Post subject: Forward incoming ISP traffic while running VPN client? Reply with quote
I have dd-wrt's OpenVPN client running and connected to a commercial VPN provider. I use this for outgoing traffic. However, I want also to be able to host an https site at my ISP-given address, so I need the dd-wrt (K3-ARM) to forward incoming traffic on port 443 to my Apache server.

How do I do this? I tried just using port forwarding, but the dd-wrt seems to be forwarding traffic from the VPN tunnel, while incoming traffic directed to the ISP address never even gets to the firewall.

How to do this?
Thanks
Eric
Sponsor
mn1247
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
No replies so far... is this just not possible to do? Would I have to set up two routers, one with VPN and one not?

Eric
netguru76
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
is your dd-wrt not behind your isp router?
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Access_To_Modem_Configuration
mn1247
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies. Right now, I just have one dd-wrt router (R7000). It connects directly to a Motorola Surfboard modem, which connects to the cable from the ISP.

I was hoping I could configure the dd-wrt so that traffic on a specific port (443, or I suppose I could pick a more obscure port like 40000) would be forwarded between WAN and my web server, avoiding the VPN tunnel. Everything else would go through VPN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: