Support for TP-Link Archer C8 and Huawei E5786

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
okgnew
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 13:37    Post subject: Support for TP-Link Archer C8 and Huawei E5786 Reply with quote
Hi guys,
any news on adding support for Broadcom based TP-Link 'Archer C8' router? On the hardware wiki page it says 'work in progress' for the last few months.
If needed, I can be a beta tester.

Also, I have another piece of non-supported by DD-WRT hardware - 4G USB modem Huawei E5786.
On the USB modems wiki page it also says 'work in progress' for the last few months.
If needed, I can be a beta tester for it as well.
Sponsor
djd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can count on my beta testing too. I have this device for a couple of months already, it is very stable with TP-LINK's firmware 3.16.30 Build 20150316 Rel.41221n.
damenchoy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:04    Post subject: Tp-link Archer C8 Reply with quote
I have just asked the same question in the forum. Seems that no one cares about the status for Archer C8.
moodgorning
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:16    Post subject: accidentally flashed C9 dd-wrt to C8 and it works Reply with quote
So I just had a happy accident last night. I have an archer C8 and an Archer C9 connected to my network. I wanted to flash the C9 build to the C9 router, but kept getting a -5533 error response. So at some point in my multiple tries, I apparently entered the wrong ip address and instead of accessing the C9 accessed the C8. Since the web UI looks exactly the same on both machines, I didn't realize the mistake and happily flashed the C9 dd-wrt firmware to the Archer C8, which took it without complaints.
So to cut a long story short, I now have a working Archer C8 running dd-wrt, with no problems so far.
I might just have been lucky, so try this at your own risk.
Michaell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 22:06    Post subject: "NetUSB Flaw" in TP-Link AC1750 Archer C8 Reply with quote
I have had several email contacts with TP-Link tech support. They are aware of a known bug affecting the Archer C8. On 06/19/15, they advised me to disable "Printer Server" and wait for TP-Link to update their firmware.

Additionally they advised me not to use 3rd party firmware because it could void my warranty.

Does anyone have any additional insights into our options?

Thanks!
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
i think if you are getting an error flashing the C9, it;s because you need to downgrade the TP-Link firmware to an older version before going to DD-WRT. Details are in the main C9 thread.

if you really got the C8 working on DD-WRT, it would help us if you told us what you flashed to get it working. Also, what TP-Link firmware you had on it previously.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095
mikezs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
From here

moodgorning wrote:
Router: TP-Link Archer C8
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r27490 (07/06/15) std
Kernel: Linux 3.10.83 #4372 SMP Mon Jul 6 05:29:42 CEST 2015 armv7l
Reset: No
Errors: None

I accidentally flashed the TP-Link Archer C9 build on the TP-Link Archer C8. It seems to work fine

I was unable however to flash it on the Archer C9. kept getting error message -5533 with or without performing a 30/30/30 reset
imthemattman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone have a chance to test this? I am very much hoping to flash my C8.
siyman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
imthemattman wrote:
Anyone have a chance to test this? I am very much hoping to flash my C8.

Word, also would be really interested but without a proper way-back solution I'm a bit too shy to try.
thechez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 23:09    Post subject: New C8 flash? Reply with quote
I just noticed there's a new C8 firmware. Has anyone tried the build from 11-10-2015 b. 28112? I can't even find instructions for a C8 anywhere.
siyman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm now able to find a specific area for the C8 as well but am unable to download it - it gives me an error everytime I try. Also, I can not find information for our device too. Anyone here who want's to start being our hero by selflessly flashing untested builds?
elbrus77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi All,
I have an Archer C8 v1.
I was able to install the beta version v3.0-r28139 downloaded via ftp site.

The C8 is working but the problems are:
No samba server: I tried usb formatted with fat32 and ext2, I can see it in the "usb support" page and in the "nas page" but Windows can't see it. I tried with ip, name of the access point and so on.
Poor signal quality: with AC max 400mbit and with N max 200mbit.

With the last stock firmware from TP-LINK everything was ok.

My pc is with Windows 10 Pro 64bit and Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

I don't know how to reinstall stock firmware but I like dd-wrt and If I can help I'll do.

Sorry for my English. Smile
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
For AC7260 use latest driver 18.21 from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25513/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10

If you want to go back to stock firmware, I can make a boot-stripped stock firmware for the C8 to TFTP. Since it's not on http://www.friedzombie.com/tplink-stripped-firmware/

siyman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
@elbrus: Are you somehow able to verify if the poor signal quality results from bad drivers of your wifi adapter or from the device itself (e.g. is it also a bad connectivity state on other devices like smartphones)?

@KrypteX: If you would be so kind to create a stripped version I'ld highly appreciate it. A way back mechanism is always nice to have and makes it easier for early adopters that do not want to ruin their productive systems by any chance Wink
elbrus77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well,
the drivers are updated and the same that I used with the stock firmware.
With my Samsung Note 3 I had 433Mbit and with pc about 800Mbit. (with stock and AC)

Now 200Mbit with phone and max 400Mbit with PC.

The AC always with 80mhz in stock and dd-wrt firmware.

The C8 is always in the same room as my pc.

For the stripped firmware ok. tnx so much.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: