Linksys EA6500v2 DD-WRT install tutorial

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Jasonsay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:48    Post subject: Linksys EA6500 V2 Startup Code Reply with quote
1.I have been looking for 3 days now trying to find the correct startup code to have the Linksys light on top of the router to be ON since I'm running the router as a wireless bridge.

2.I would also like to know if there is a startup code to RESTART the router using the wps button on the back of the router.

3. Noticed during setting up the router that I have disabled the DNSMasq option and when you go back to check on it is back on enable. Does the DNSMasq need to be disabled when using wireless bridge mode?

Note: Thank you for all your hard work and still rocking the updates for this router.

Linksys EA6500 V2
DD-WRT ver. r39572
Sponsor
Jasonsay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:43    Post subject: Enable Linksys light Reply with quote
Since my last post over a month ago I still have not yet received an answer. What is the normal response time?

I have been looking and looking and only find that the gpio disable 2 command should make the Linksys light on top of the router stay on. This command does not work. Do you have a startup code that will make this work?
John-Galt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Build: R41468
Router/Version: EA6500v2
Mode: Gateway
File: linksys-ea6500v2-webflash.bin
Kernel: Linux 4.4.199-rc1 #209 SMP Wed Nov 6 07:40:01 +04 2019 armv7l

Did a reset and manually reapplied all settings

9 Hours up

Not using WiFi on this router, I'm using separate Ruckus access points. Also not using VPN, DMZ, or uPnP.

Running DNSMasq

Running FQ_CODEL_FAST/HTB

Very good DSLReports bufferbloat/throughput tests: 225/10:AAA Very Happy

I am seeing these two errors separately in the syslog

yellow: kern.warn kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address

red: daemon.err httpd[3577]: httpd : Request Error Code 401: Authorization required. please note that the default username is "root" in all newer releases

Any thoughts on how to fix these?

The router is otherwise running very well. Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: