Linksys EA6500v2 DD-WRT install tutorial

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
chowder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
themitch wrote:
The truth is you are not hooped unless you planned to return to stock. Best practice is to grab a copy of your CFE as soon as you install dd-wrt (something I need to add to my tutorial). I don't believe the 30/30/30 caused your issue. I would suggest you try a factory reset from the interface and try an upgrade again. You may also have a corrupted download. I would go grab the latest from the ftp mentioned above and try that if the factory reset does not work.

I've tried a factory reset and it didn't work. I've also redownloaded the firmware many times so I see no reason it would be corrupted.

It may have a problem uploading the new firmware. Sometimes it starts counting down from 300 seconds, and in the bottom of my Chrome browswer (I've tried others as well) it says 'sending request'. This goes on beyond the 300s and then times out.

Other times, about 5 seconds after I start the upgrade it says Upgrade Failed.

Is this an nvram problem??
Sponsor
themitch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have never had the problem you are experiencing, so I cannot really say what is causing it. I would suggest you find the post regarding tftp upgrade and give that a shot. There are also other posts regarding firmware upgrade failure, so you can probably find a solution.
blaser
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did anyone try the Tomato firmware?
I wonder when dd-wrt can be fixed and why Tomato works.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the Tomato firmware.

My USB hd was regularly disconnecting and my wireless would disconnect occasionally as well. Because of this I tried going back to either stock or dd-wrt, but in the process may have botched my router.

I haven't had much time lately, so am back to my old router for now. Still hoping I can salvage the router.
Techrev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
chowder wrote:
I had the Tomato firmware.

My USB hd was regularly disconnecting and my wireless would disconnect occasionally as well. Because of this I tried going back to either stock or dd-wrt, but in the process may have botched my router.

I haven't had much time lately, so am back to my old router for now. Still hoping I can salvage the router.

Hrm, I was going to install tomato hoping it would work with the 32k boundary. Last week my DD-WRT just died out of nowhere, I had to factory reset it 3 or 4 times before it came back. Then I reinstalled DD-WRT and it's been fine since then. I can say that I was scared, and it seemed to be completely borked, then I factory reset it one more time and it came back like it never had a problem. I don't know. I'm nervous about Tomato now, though. I've just seen people having some success with it over the 32kb limit.
brianluing
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got mine to work using your tutorial, thanks! But I am having problems getting the channel bonding to work.. So my speeds suck. I have 200MBPS internet and cant even use a fourth of it haha.
ivanhoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 16:06    Post subject: Infinite boot loop Reply with quote
So, I followed the steps (and recommendations from other threads, starting from peacock), and after a successful initial flash and intermediate to r26653 (just to make sure the process was working), when approaching latest releases (last and previous releases), and I ended up in an infinite boot loop.

The I can't revive it, and though it seems to even accept tftp flashes, at reboots it starts again with the boot loop.

Any hint ?

Thanks in advance !
michalko58
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those with Tomato on EA6700. Do you have AC wifi get to work? On mine AC just disappeared and only N was available - with 80MHz channel width, but the speeds near the router was max. to 400Mbps . I had to get back to DD-WRT, where I can get full 866Mbps.
michalko58
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:29    Post subject: Re: Infinite boot loop Reply with quote
ivanhoe wrote:
So, I followed the steps (and recommendations from other threads, starting from peacock), and after a successful initial flash and intermediate to r26653 (just to make sure the process was working), when approaching latest releases (last and previous releases), and I ended up in an infinite boot loop.

The I can't revive it, and though it seems to even accept tftp flashes, at reboots it starts again with the boot loop.

Any hint ?

Thanks in advance !

I recommend you to do 30/30/30 reset - it helps even on EA series. I did it many times on EA6700.
ivanhoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:39    Post subject: Re: Infinite boot loop Reply with quote
michalko58 wrote:

I recommend you to do 30/30/30 reset - it helps even on EA series. I did it many times on EA6700.

I've been thinking of it, but I've read on several threads (peacock's being the first one) to never do it on a EA series with the threat to loose ability to rollback to stock firmware. It would be interesting to know if you've experimented the opposite, that might help many in these situations.

Meanwhile, the router got out of the loop by itself after tons of reboot. It went to stock firmware and it worked fine except ... except that I couldn't access the stock firmware's web UI. Then I succeeded to flash a dd-wrt in it, which was the end target. I will try to see if I can also switch back and forth with the stock firmware since the dd-wrt I got on is a September's release and I'd like to take advantage of the latest drivers update on the latest releases.
michalko58
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I don´t remember now, if I have tried to return back to stock (no reason for that). I am pretty satisfied with dd-wrt, but I am angry on the 32kB nvram bug Rolling Eyes
ivanhoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
michalko58 wrote:
Well, I don´t remember now, if I have tried to return back to stock (no reason for that). I am pretty satisfied with dd-wrt, but I am angry on the 32kB nvram bug Rolling Eyes

I still have to investigate on that, not sure of what models and what dd-wrt releases it affects. However, at the moment it's under control as you suggested by removing all the null variables.
ivanhoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
michalko58 wrote:

I still have to investigate on that, not sure of what models and what dd-wrt releases it affects. However, at the moment it's under control as you suggested by removing all the null variables.
martindudemaine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:51    Post subject: No Internet access after power off-on cycle Reply with quote
Hi, I am new to this thread. First of all, I wish to thank themitch for the very thorough and invaluable instructions. I installed r26653 religiously following all the steps and everything went well and worked well.

My Problem:
I did a power cycle on the router (pulled the power cord, waited a few minutes and plugged it back in). Since then I can no longer get external Internet connection. Everything else seems to work ok.
Access through http://192.168.1.1 = OK
SSID broadcast = OK
Wireless and/or wireline connection = OK

I tried the following:
a) Power off modem and router and re-power then in sequence (modem first, then router, once modem fully booted).
b) From DD-WRT WAN configuration: DHCP Release, then DHCP Renew. (I then got 0.0.0.0 as my IP address.

Reverting to old router: OK
I reconnected my old (unflashed) router and everything is OK. So, I know that the upstream connection (Modem and provider) is fine.

Has anyone ever got that?
Any suggestion on how to fix this?
Tempted to re-install from Step 3 or Step 6.
Staying away from the dreaded 30/30/30 reset for now.
blaser
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:18    Post subject: Re: No Internet access after power off-on cycle Reply with quote
martindudemaine wrote:
Hi, I am new to this thread. First of all, I wish to thank themitch for the very thorough and invaluable instructions. I installed r26653 religiously following all the steps and everything went well and worked well.

My Problem:
I did a power cycle on the router (pulled the power cord, waited a few minutes and plugged it back in). Since then I can no longer get external Internet connection. Everything else seems to work ok.
Access through http://192.168.1.1 = OK
SSID broadcast = OK
Wireless and/or wireline connection = OK

I tried the following:
a) Power off modem and router and re-power then in sequence (modem first, then router, once modem fully booted).
b) From DD-WRT WAN configuration: DHCP Release, then DHCP Renew. (I then got 0.0.0.0 as my IP address.

Reverting to old router: OK
I reconnected my old (unflashed) router and everything is OK. So, I know that the upstream connection (Modem and provider) is fine.

Has anyone ever got that?
Any suggestion on how to fix this?
Tempted to re-install from Step 3 or Step 6.
Staying away from the dreaded 30/30/30 reset for now.

Why are you using so old version?
Upgrade o more advanced one and see.
I'm using 27805 from the last few months, very stable.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: