TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Beamforming feature almost does not work on tp-link router due its Omni-directional antenna. it need be parabolic or flat antenna. There are alot misleading info out there.Omni-directional antenna transmit signal all direction then how it can focus and beamforming only one direction, lol.
C1900 v1 and v2 may have cfe encrypts then you may not see any update if no issues on security. It just kind a same hardware as c9v1 and v2.So recent tplink fw lock fw down grade due fcc reg. look around there are only few bucks base on it unable flash to nomal way and easy bootloop by wrong procedure but through serial recovery. Search serial uart interface and wireless esp8266 serial.
Sponsor
MolaMola
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
You say that but then a better question would be how does any type of antenna change the focus of its signal? Why would this feature work with a flat antenna but not with an omni-directional one?

*edit*
From what I understand now is that beamforming works by shifting the waves of the antenna independently to change the interference pattern between them. This way you can locally boost the signal, something radar installations for instance have been doing for a long time now. So it has nothing to do with antenna gain and should therefor work just fine with any kind of antenna. Nevertheless I leave it off because as I wrote before I don't measure an increase in signal strength. Possibly because the wifi adapter in my laptop doesn't support it. The wifi AC standard does not enforce hardware support. It only enforces an industry standard of beamforming in case the manufaturer decides to integrate this function.
portsup
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone using C9 firmware on D9?
oztomcat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:06    Post subject: latest build which works on v3 Reply with quote
Hi guys,
any recommendations which latest build is stable and good to useon archer c9 v3?
kind regards
MolaMola
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can report that the latest r37442 is running stable on my V1 without any errors.

Unfortunately my phone still experiences the same internet connection drops as it did with r35531 but that seems to be a very specific hardware combination issue that no one else has reported yet. Stability wise I would say both builds are equal.
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I test my with special tweaker nvram on r36995 without issues. anyone wnat to try so can post on. need flash cfe, nvram, linux and erase ddwrt partitions.?????a perfect upgrade>>>>
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you (in theory) Flash your UN stock version on a Canadian Archer C1900 without bricking it?

That is a good question but no sure answer. It depends varies on each case with different cfe on each router. No body do such thing but most people do like request so much. most router prevent you change anything without they offer. In this case you attemp to go deep inside the heart of router without open to access log and monitor.
When i look https://www.tp-link.com/en/gpl-code.html there are no a Canadian Archer C1900. but from unoffice information Archer C1900 is a tweaker PAs and refurb of Archer C9v1 and Archer C9v2.

When i look further then there are Archer C8v1 to Archer C8v4 but missing Archer C8v3. then i look gpl up of this. Archer C8v3 is transform into Archer C1900v1 and Archer C1900v2 with degrade cpu with SoC 4708 series. Cfe link cloud for update,period.
aqk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Didn't realize this thread was here, so I posted my TP-Link AC1900 problem under
"TP-LINK AC1900 OK with internet, but LAN appears disabled." -
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=317279

Please see it, and advise to post here if it should be.
Using- AC1900 V3
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r37305 std (10/10/18 )
Kernel Version Linux 4.4.159 #4003 SMP Wed Oct 10 09:41:45 CEST 2018 armv7l
-

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
"TP-LINK AC1900 OK with internet, but LAN appears disabled."
You can test ethernet port by connecting each LAN1 to PC through ethernet cable with disconnect everything.
Restart router and monitor under network connections of win7. the Local area network will spin and detecting, disconnect and link again.
Repeat to LAN2, LAN3,LAN4 .... also WAN too.
First do it with a good router make sure it works then replace with the bad router for diagnosing hardware or firmware problem.
Hope can help.

Report back if it works or not and no more thread like this.
aqk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Umm... Yeah..OK. Thanx!
-

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is anybody tried to enable swapping?
I'v got the following error:
root@ROUTER:~# swapon -v /mnt/sdb1/myswap.swp
swapon: /tmp/mnt/sdb1/myswap.swp: insecure permissions 0777, 0600 suggested.
swapon: /tmp/mnt/sdb1/myswap.swp: found signature [pagesize=4096, signature=swap]
swapon: /tmp/mnt/sdb1/myswap.swp: pagesize=4096, swapsize=262144000, devsize=262144000
swapon: /tmp/mnt/sdb1/myswap.swp: swapon failed: Function not implemented

Does our FW support the swap file?
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
The answer is no by the directional way but yes through a unidirectional way. also, USB stick need format less than 2gB. So memory can handle that.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/swap-file-dedicated-drive.46208/
alexboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
deslatha wrote:
The answer is no by the directional way but yes through a unidirectional way. also, USB stick need format less than 2gB. So memory can handle that.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/swap-file-dedicated-drive.46208/

Sorry, what you mean "unidirectional way"?
I did the same way as in link you've provided, i.e. I created a swap file on usb device, but it's failed when I try to use it by swapon.
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Archer c9 has limited storage; in this case only 16MB with no design for jffs partition. more over 25l128 nor flash is super slow and disadvantaged in speed read and write. when you put a usb or hdd into router, it creates an index table ,when it full then over load..and then crashes. You just made hard for your self. router is design for its own proprietary.; get bricked if any tamp on it. if you wnat conntinue, no short cut, must start from craps. entware, github ....there are plenty . it is good to learn but not worthy. just a few though but it is up to you.

unidirectional: un=unable, uni=unable intent...new word of mine.
alexboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
deslatha wrote:
Archer c9 has limited storage; in this case only 16MB with no design for jffs partition. more over 25l128 nor flash is super slow and disadvantaged in speed read and write. when you put a usb or hdd into router, it creates an index table ,when it full then over load..and then crashes. You just made hard for your self. router is design for its own proprietary.; get bricked if any tamp on it. if you wnat conntinue, no short cut, must start from craps. entware, github ....there are plenty . it is good to learn but not worthy. just a few though but it is up to you.

unidirectional: un=unable, uni=unable intent...new word of mine.

Thanks for explanation.
Actually I have some experience and already made following things:
- setup /jffs and /opt on usb flash drive (USB 2.0), now the index file you are talking about (DLNA index) is written there, no RAM consumption
- External 2Tb HDD on USB 3.0
- Entware setup
- setup ssh, sshfs, SFTP. So, I can mount HDD from my Linux laptop or Android phone via internet.
- samba 3.6, DLNA server

All these things requre a lot of RAM, currently only about 20 of 128 MB is free. That's why I think about the swap file setup, with no luck so far.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 64 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: