TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
rboerner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 18:01    Post subject: Re: Post subject: Can't install on TP-Link Archer C9 Reply with quote
[quote="zmcgrew"]
rboerner wrote:
plenty wrote:

Error Code: -5533
Error occurred, please try again.

Could this be because the TP-LINK firmware already installed is the latest revision?

I fixed this issue by downgrading to "Archer C9_V1_150122" on the TP-Link website. It was the oldest version I could find, but after downgrading to that I was able to flash DD-WRT using the factory-to-ddwrt.bin.

Thanks zmcgrew, I downloaded and then downgraded the firmware to the 150122 version from the TP-LINK website, and then I was able to load DD-WRT r27490.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsor
bsalita
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 15:00    Post subject: AP Issue Reply with quote
I previously asked about how to set up a C9 as an AP. The obvious configuration wasn't working. After much work, I can now easily reproduce the problem.

When the TV's set top box (STB wired) is playing AND I'm attached to the AP (C9) over WiFi, I lose the AP's connection. 95% of pings to the gateway are become lost eventually dropping the connection. As I turn the TV off/on, the pings succeed/fail. I duplicated this issue with a slow dd-wrt router but the ASUS RT-AC68U continues to hold the connection. I'm guessing the issue is a packet storm, perhaps caused by retransmissions. I say that because the gateways's WAN connnection lights flicker like mad. I think the gateway becomes overwhelmed because DHCP seems to fail.

The issue can be fixed by running two cables from the gateway's switch; one cable to the STB, the second to the data network. However, it is inconvenient to run a second cable. So I'll have to return the AP and buy a second ASUS RT-AC68U.

The issue doesn't seem to be cable or switch related as I've swapped out or eliminated everything. I'm unsure why the ASUS is working. Perhaps it's faster or handles the traffic better. I haven't found any settings on the C9 that fixes the issue. I've tried many of them.

I don't see any alternative than to return the C9 and buy another ASUS RT-AC68U.
bsalita
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 15:08    Post subject: FYI: Gigabit Internet Benchmarks Reply with quote
I'm fortunate to have gigabit Internet service. It's very handy for testing network performance. Using SpeedTest.Net, I'm able to get WiFi speeds of up to 450Mbps (dd-wrt) and up to 550Mbps with the original TP-Link firmware. These speeds are similar to my ASUS RT-AC68U. Wired speeds are predictable for gigabit equipment. I typically get up to 940Mbps wired on a variety of switches and routers.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
bsalita,

you might want to start a new thread for this specific problem regarding your AP and STB. Does your ASUS RT-AC68U have dd-wrt on it? The settings for creating a wired AP should be identical since it;s DD-WRT(there is no ASUS RT-AC68U specific mode in DD-WRT).

By the way, who is your ISP? And how is the TV STB connected to your network(via Ethernet or COAX? A network diagram might make it clearer.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/
http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/

Asus RT-N16 on 2.6 Kong 22000M with OTRW2
Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x 28493 STD
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 16:05    Post subject: Re: Post subject: Can't install on TP-Link Archer C9 Reply with quote
[/quote]

Thanks zmcgrew, I downloaded and then downgraded the firmware to the 150122 version from the TP-LINK website, and then I was able to load DD-WRT r27490.

Thanks for your help![/quote]

this is good to know that you can downgrade the TPLink firmware to an older version if you run into difficulties installing DD-WRT.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.

Aboshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Aboshi wrote:
I am currently on 27456 but I have used every beta build.
Each one still has the port forward issue, have you actually tried to connect form an outside IP to your forwarded port?

Most likely, like the others that have reported this "bogus" issue in the past years, you have filled in the fields in correctly.

Yeah All fields are filled in correctly...
I am not new to FW hacking, and especially not new to networking protocols.
If it were a bogus bug then there would be no need to edit firewall rules on SP1, you only need to do a simple search to see plenty of people having this issue on other routers. The only issues is the bandaid fix isn't even working with this router for some reason. A simple test for someone to try is hit the ports form outside of their network and not just say oh port forwarding works for me... Because chances are they never tested it from outside of their internal network.
bsalita
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
bsalita,

... who is your ISP? And how is the TV STB connected to your network(via Ethernet or COAX? A network diagram might make it clearer.

I'm in Paris. My ISP is Bouygues Telecom. The prices here are incredibly low compared to US. TV+fixed line phone+gigabit fiber Internet+mobile unlimited (90Mbps in my bedroom) is around $50 US.

The fiber goes into the gateway -> switch 1 -> switch 2 -> switch 3. switch 1 has ASUS RT-AC68U plus others. switch 2 has Archer C9 plus others. switch 3 has VPN routers and STB. I shuffled around the C9. Didn't make a difference.

The ASUS router does not use dd-wrt. It uses Asus-Merlin firmware which is an enhanced version of stock Asus firmware.

Thanks for your help!
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aboshi, maybe a screen print of your port forwarding page might help us. There was a widespread port forwarding issue that affected multiple builds in a certain range and routers but it was solved 2 years ago.

what are you doing differently than me? I use port forward all the time-I am connecting to a web server from outside my network to inside my network for web and ssh on a variety of devices. I even connected to another DD-WRT router inside my network via PPTP by forwarding port 1723 and it routed correctly. Is it possible your ISP is blocking ports?

Bsalita, so when you turn on the STB, does it knock out just the C9(and any devices connected to it) but no other devices? Or does it take your entire network down? what if you connect just the
gateway router--->C9---->STB

Common F.A.Q.

Aboshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is a screen of just 2 ports i've opened up again for testing
I have also tried 8888 to 80 for testing and still a no go.

Last edited by Aboshi on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:25; edited 1 time in total
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aboshi, blank out the source net field. i believe it's not needed.

edited to say:

I trust that you are hitting save and apply buttons.

do you have any other dd-wrt routers in house to test with?

Common F.A.Q.

Last edited by madman999 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 16:51; edited 1 time in total
Aboshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
Aboshi, blank out the source net field. i believe it's not needed.

I have, that's how I originally had it. The 0.0.0.0/0 is just a test because sometimes it helps. Still a no go.
bsalita
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
@madman999. I've again gone over the network. The connection issue only occurs when the STB is playing, and the PC is connected wirelessly to a dd-wrt router, and the wireless subnet is identical to the gateway. The problem will NOT occur if; the PC is wired to the C9, or the STB is off, or the subnet is different from the gateway (i.e. the C9 is used as a router mode instead of an AP). I actually have two very different dd-wrt routers which both suffer the same problem. I have two non-dd-wrt routers which always work fine. So there must be some issue in AP mode using dd-wrt and a playing STB. I just don't know what to make of it as it's bizarre.

I've actually worked around the issue by using Powerline between the gateway and STB. The Powerline devices are inadequate for TV+data. However, for only TV, Powerline is working perfectly fine.

So far I've decided to keep the C9. Other than the above issue, it performs just as well as the ASUS RT-AC68U. Both devices provide up to 430Mbps download and 200Mbps upload. In particuar, I like the VLAN features of dd-wrt and the C9.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
just an fyi, I seem to have gotten FTP running on 27490. Still had to launch the service manually using the command

/usr/sbin/proftpd -D --configfile=/tmp/proftpd/etc/proftpd.conf

but atleast it sees my attached storage.

Installed my C9 as a wired AP behind a Verizon FIOS router. Also acting as a PPTP server plus NAS functions(Samba and FTP to a 128 GB USB Stick and a 1.5 GB USB 3.0 Array).

Common F.A.Q.

Scottie1311
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:27    Post subject: Archer C9 with build27506 client mode not stable Reply with quote
Hi,
I habe a Problem with my new Archer C9. The DD-WRT builds v24sp2 also as buids v3.0 works fine when i am using it as Client mode. after a few minutes the wlan modul (2.4 ghz) becomes frozen. The DD-WRT soft at all Looks fine, but only the Client Wlan functionality does not work. The only way ist to reboot the router. Does anyone knows why?
I tried many different configuration, but nothing works longer than a few minutes.
thanks for your help.
Cheers
mifronte
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 16:39    Post subject: Re: FYI: Gigabit Internet Benchmarks Reply with quote
bsalita wrote:
I'm fortunate to have gigabit Internet service. It's very handy for testing network performance. Using SpeedTest.Net, I'm able to get WiFi speeds of up to 450Mbps (dd-wrt) and up to 550Mbps with the original TP-Link firmware. These speeds are similar to my ASUS RT-AC68U. Wired speeds are predictable for gigabit equipment. I typically get up to 940Mbps wired on a variety of switches and routers.

Is the wired 940Mbps speed with the stock TP-Link firmware or with dd-wrt?

Netgear R7000 Nighthawk AC1900 kongac V3.0-r29620M (OC to 1200MHz) in AP mode with both radios off - running as NAS (SMB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 71, 72, 73  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 73
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: