TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="alexboy"]
deslatha wrote:

Actually, I have some experience and already made the following things:

All these things requre a lot of RAM, currently, only about 20 of 128 MB is free. That's why I think about the swap file setup, with no luck so far.

Your excellence homework. Moreover, can you give more details and scripts, so ddwrt can implement into FW.

As you known, cpu of the router is 32 bits, but RAM memory is only 16 bits I/O. If the router was installed 2 DRAM memory IC with 32 bits design 32 input out data transfer as same as CPU then no latency or slow speed. all USB or HDD interface just function as same as a computer. less than a dollars to get one more 1 Gbit SDRAM. cost of the router from $10 to max $30 from mfg; do you know that??

How about a safe environment, security broadcast signal???
Simple with little hardware redesign then the router can cut 50% cost and PBC space.

Most router nowadays has 2 bands: 2.4ghz and 5.6ghz. A redesign of new router which 2.4ghz is functioned as receiver TX data upstream from a smartphone. Due receiver data from target devices, no power amplifier 2.4 ghz IC, no pollution microwaves signal, one-way communication in 2.4ghz, no hack what so ever, cheap and economics design, any household can have one.

Since one way communication as receiver data broadcast from a smartphone, laptop which are very low power consumption, it also able link to Bluetooth signal too. little code can upgrade with no problem. Router downstream a lot compare to upstream.

Now after receiving a request from signals in 2.4ghz, router broadcast signal back from 5.6ghz also in one-way communication as like credit card machine. Safe and convenience. no more a small microwave transmitted signal 24/7 that real Hazare and may harm in longterm.

5.6ghz wifi only have power amplifier, no LNAs IC, no addition costlier, more over router can have extra one more a power amplifier PAs for each spatial antenna.

There are 3 stages:
1. if a smartphone has a radius under 15 ft, then 1st stage switch turn on which no tx PAs.
2.1. if a smartphone has a radius from 15ft to 50ft, then 2nd stage switch turn on which only tx one PAs on.
1. if a smartphone has a radius from 50ft to 200ft, then 3rd stage switch on which all 2 tx PAs in series connection on to boot up and keep same link rate data transfer.

As you see, 1st stage save a lot of power, green green green dot.
As you see, 2nd stage as same as any router but ....
As you see, 3rd stage boot signal up which no need such thing Aimesh like Asus, no second router headed for old people and kids setup router, compact space with few capacitor and resistor ...so on and so forth. Any ISP can give you free router, anywhere in the backyard, you can access the router without degrading communication. 5G deploy cost a lot and who pay for??? you then think and calculate better than me, period.
Sponsor
Ob5813
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 19:57    Post subject: Please help me understand some things.. Reply with quote
Hello all,
Ive recently bought V2 of this router and I need vpn capabilities for my router in order to work with a smart home system environment im using so I tohught ill install DD-WRT because of all of the great options and upgrades in performance it gives.. I read all of the perliminary tutorials and explanations such as the wiki and peacock thread but Im just failing to understand one thing.. where do i find the relevant build for my need? (like mega or big builds which support the vpn protocols)?
from my research of the wiki, and links to builds its not stated what build they are!! only the date and year the builds are made.. also I didnt manage to understand how to check what protocol of installing I need to use (k2.4, k2.6, newd, etc..) also this details arent stated with the build folders, the only files that are inisde build folders are oem to dd-wrt and the webflash itself..
Please help me understand better and direct me where the information i seek is in..
thank you for your help!
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the only file there is:ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/10-19-2018-r37442/tplink_archer-c9v2/

This model only get 16M of flash.
VPN is in Services->VPN. If it's not present, it must be caused by lack of space.

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_Archer_C9_v2.x
Ob5813
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
This is the only file there is:ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/10-19-2018-r37442/tplink_archer-c9v2/

This model only get 16M of flash.
VPN is in Services->VPN. If it's not present, it must be caused by lack of space.

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_Archer_C9_v2.x

hey and thanks for answering me.. but i didnt quite understood what you are refereing to.. my problem is i dont seem to differentiate between the build for example if the standard build doesnt has any VPN options so i need the BIG or MEGA build which are supporting VPN but i just dont find the name of the build in the description.. also i dont know anything about the k2.4 and k2.6 and didnt understand them even after reading all of the tutorials..
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
The tutorials you are reading is for older routers.

There is only two files, one for flashing from stock and another for upgrading.

K2.4 and K2.6 are obsolete Linux kernels. The one for your router is probably K3.x
MolaMola
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I suspect that my v1 on r37442 is not providing wifi AC to my laptop. Earlier this week I noticed that my laptop (running Kubuntu 18.04) connected with a 866 Mbps linkspeed with my friend's access point at his home. My C9 v1 connects with a maximum of 400 Mbps using the same laptop. The 5 GHz radio is set to mixed mode (the default setting) and channel width VHT80. The 2.4 GHz radio is off.

The output of iwconfig is this:

Code:
wlp1s0    IEEE 802.11  ESSID:"**************" 
               Mode:Managed  Frequency:5.26 GHz  Access Point: 18:D6:C7:B2:23:66   
               Bit Rate=400 Mb/s   Tx-Power=24 dBm   
               Retry short limit:7   RTS thr=2347 B   Fragment thr:off
               Power Management:on
               Link Quality=41/70  Signal level=-69 dBm 
               Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
               Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:558   Missed beacon:0

Online sources report similar iwconfig outputs but sometimes with 802.11AC as part of the output. In my case the AC part is omitted.

My laptop's wifi adapter is clearly capable of faster linkspeeds than 400 Mbps. It doesn't help if I move the laptop closer to the router. Could this router have an AC issue with this firmware?
RevLink
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
fl0at_ wrote:
alexboy wrote:
Hello guys!
I encountered the same problem as many of you, i.e.
I installed the latest US firmware (v3.17.1 2018-01-25) and it prevented me to switch to DD-WRT or any other FW, giving the "Error Code -5533".
Eventually I found the solution: you need to flash the following binary, it's stock UN version and it's quite new, so you may think to stay on it or flash DD-WRT next (http://support.tp-link.com/f/15b1b7ed92/).

So, my flashing log was:
- upgrade to 3.17.1 2018-01-25 (stuck here for some time)
- flash 4-1-0-P12002[20180223-rel35954] (upper link)
- recommended stable DD-WRT r29409 (by factory-to-ddwrt.bin)
- user-recommended DD-WRT r35531 (by archer-c9v1-webflash.bin)

Hope this will help you, guys.

Worked for me, thanks much.

Hi guys- facing the same issue with my Archer C9v1. The link <support.tp-link.com/f/15b1b7ed92/> isn't working. Anyone has a different link? Very Happy
alexboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="RevLink"]
fl0at_ wrote:

Hi guys- facing the same issue with my Archer C9v1. The link <support.tp-link.com/f/15b1b7ed92/> isn't working. Anyone has a different link? Very Happy

Hi.
Here is my downloaded file, please enjoy https://goo.gl/KZHjeM
marine88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
no one can help me? i have my archer c9 v2 dead i need my router bacl please guys help me!
alexboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
marine88 wrote:
no one can help me? i have my archer c9 v2 dead i need my router bacl please guys help me!

As I understand WebUI is working?
If not enter to the recovery and use TFTP to update you FW.
Try this one: https://goo.gl/KZHjeM
It's some special TP-Link FW for v.1, but I think you can use it to unlock your device and then flash correct version for your HW revision.
marine88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
alexboy wrote:
marine88 wrote:

It's some special TP-Link FW for v.1, but I think you can use it to unlock your device and then flash correct version for your HW revision.

thanks for the answer yes web ui work but is saying that is other version of router and if i tried to install to install other version from web ui erro -5530 (i thin is that number) if i tried to install via tftd all goes well but when boot is on same version!

That link you send em is for v1 right? My router is v2!
alexboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
marine88 wrote:
alexboy wrote:
marine88 wrote:

thanks for the answer yes web ui work but is saying that is other version of router and if i tried to install to install other version from web ui erro -5530 (i thin is that number) if i tried to install via tftd all goes well but when boot is on same version!

That link you send em is for v1 right? My router is v2!

Yes, I've got you have v.2, difference is minor, I had the same error and this FW unlocked my device and gave me the ability to flash other firmwares.
You just have to try, what other option? Smile
marine88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did tried no luck im stuck on this firmware!

Firmware Version:
3.17.0 Build 20151009 Rel.61423n
Hardware Version:
ArcherC1900 v1[/img]
marine88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
No one can help me? anything for archer c9 v2?
konrad_k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:42    Post subject: Getting to work TP-Link Archer C9 with WAN via LTE / 4G Reply with quote
Hello,

I just moved to a house in the middle of nowwhere in Germany, where only limited phone lines are available. *roll*

Thus I am just trying to get an Internet Connection with a good old Archer C9v1 and a Huawei K5005 USB modem.

Starting from an empty dd-wrt config, I enabled core USB Support, changed WAN Setup to "mobile broadband", entered provider's user data, and get a WAN IP address and WAN status "connected" immediately.
Although "connected", Internet Connection is not working. I cannot get a ping through 8.8.8.8 neither from my Laptop, nor from the router itself (via SSH).

What am I missing?

Equipment:
Archer c9v1 running dd-wrt r37582
Huawei K5005

Appreciating Your support. Cool
Konrad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 65 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: