TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 70, 71, 72  Next
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
they are getting from here

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/05-09-2015-r26866/tplink_archer-c9/

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095
Sponsor
nealrm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 20:52    Post subject: OpenVPN and Network drives Reply with quote
Will this build let me do OpenVPN?

I would also like to be able to connect the storage device as a network drive instead of just media device or ftp.

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere I am new to the forum.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
try launching these 2 services-smbd and nmbd with the command line parameters that were in TOP. check to see if the files exist on your router and modify the line.

gaetawoo wrote:
I had done that last week when trying to debug the issue and I ran that. I do not recall seeing either of those daemons running. I also tried to start and stop smbd and it seemed like it had no effect. but i might have been doing something wrong. pretty sure I recall doing a find -iname *smb* command and it showed there was a smbd in /usr/bin/ (but I'm not certain as I'm basing it off remembering).

madman999 wrote:
Run a putty session and then run TOP

see if ProFTPD and SMBD daemons are running

ddwrtsmb.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.25 KB
 Viewed:  28455 Time(s)

ddwrtsmb.jpg

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.

gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:

K, I verified, SMBD and ProFTPD daemons are NOT running. I even disabled them, applied, then reenabled them, applied (all from the webgui). TOP doesn't show either of them running.

Code:

Mem: 64308K used, 61220K free, 0K shrd, 11612K buff, 6232K cached
CPU:  0.0% usr  0.0% sys  0.0% nic 97.0% idle  0.0% io  0.0% irq  3.0% sirq
Load average: 0.22 0.33 0.38 2/52 32164
  PID  PPID USER     STAT   VSZ %VSZ CPU %CPU COMMAND
30466     2 root     SW       0  0.0   0  0.3 [kworker/0:2]
 4798     1 root     S     3620  2.8   1  0.0 httpd -p 80
31957     1 root     S     2228  1.7   0  0.0 /usr/sbin/nmbd -D --configfile=/tmp/smb.conf
 4611     1 root     S     1492  1.1   1  0.0 nas -P /tmp/nas.wl1lan.pid -H 34954 -l br0 -i eth2 -A -m 128 -k
 4606     1 root     S     1492  1.1   0  0.0 nas -P /tmp/nas.wl0lan.pid -H 34954 -l br0 -i eth1 -A -m 128 -k
 4585     1 root     S     1448  1.1   1  0.0 upnp -D -W vlan2
 1340     1 root     S     1344  1.0   0  0.0 resetbutton
 4588     1 root     S     1344  1.0   1  0.0 wland
 4582     1 root     S     1296  1.0   0  0.0 inadyn -u blah -p blah --input_file /tmp/ddns/inadyn.conf
    1     0 root     S     1276  1.0   1  0.0 /sbin/init
 4872     1 root     S     1268  1.0   0  0.0 ttraff
 4578     1 root     S     1268  1.0   0  0.0 process_monitor
32105 31982 root     R     1176  0.9   0  0.0 top
 5068     1 root     S     1176  0.9   1  0.0 telnetd
31982 31977 root     S     1172  0.9   1  0.0 -sh
31977  5068 root     S     1168  0.9   0  0.0 /bin/login
 5107     1 root     S      940  0.7   0  0.0 dnsmasq -u root -g root --conf-file=/tmp/dnsmasq.conf
 5275     1 root     S      868  0.6   1  0.0 dropbear -b /tmp/loginprompt -r /tmp/root/.ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key -d /tmp/
  624     1 root     S      800  0.6   0  0.0 /sbin/mstpd
  620     1 root     S      772  0.6   1  0.0 /sbin/hotplug2 --set-rules-file /etc/hotplug2.rules --persistent
30499     1 root     S      736  0.5   1  0.0 cron
  136     2 root     SW       0  0.0   1  0.0 [kworker/1:1]
    9     2 root     SW       0  0.0   0  0.0 [rcu_sched]
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
seems like the nmbd daemon is running but not the smbd

try launching it from putty

i think the line might be

service /usr/sbin/smbd -D --configfile=/tmp/smb.conf start

Common F.A.Q.

gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I looked through that directory but didn't see either binary... then i did a find command and found it in the /usr/bin so not sure why it didn't come up. Anyway, I ran the command you posted, checked with TOP to see if it was running. and tada.. it was running now. I went to my win 7 computer to see if i could access the share AND TADA!! THERE IT WAS!!

So.. how do I get this fixed to be automatic? or fixed in the next build?

madman999 wrote:
try launching these 2 services-smbd and nmbd with the command line parameters that were in TOP. check to see if the files exist on your router and modify the line.

gaetawoo wrote:
I had done that last week when trying to debug the issue and I ran that. I do not recall seeing either of those daemons running. I also tried to start and stop smbd and it seemed like it had no effect. but i might have been doing something wrong. pretty sure I recall doing a find -iname *smb* command and it showed there was a smbd in /usr/bin/ (but I'm not certain as I'm basing it off remembering).

madman999 wrote:

gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yea so I ran not this command, but the one you posted in the screen shot. Is there a difference now that the service seems to be running?

madman999 wrote:
seems like the nmbd daemon is running but not the smbd

try launching it from putty

i think the line might be

madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
great that you got it working.

you can save the command in the startup under administration/Commands tab. Should run next time you restart the router(please test it for us)!

so what was the exact command that you ran that got it working?

Also for all those who have this router, how is the WAN speed? are you getting the full bandwidth of your internet connection?

Common F.A.Q.

gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
In telnet, i typed:
/usr/sbin/smbd -D --configfile=/tmp/smb.conf

Hit enter, typed TOP to check what was running and there it was. Would it be better to use the command you wrote:

???

As far as WiFi xfer rates, I get just as fast rates as my LAN connection. The range is fantastic, and expandable with external antennae.

madman999 wrote:
great that you got it working.

you can save the command in the startup under administration/Commands tab. Should run next time you restart the router(please test it for us)!

so what was the exact command that you ran that got it working?

Also for all those who have this router, how is the WAN speed? are you getting the full bandwidth of your internet connection?
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have no idea which one is better or correct so whatever works for you. try my command and see if it works. it may not. Thanks for being a pioneer! Smile

What I mean is that on some of these new routers with 3.x kernel and DD-WRT, there is a lack of native NIC drivers that causes the wan speed to be limited. just wondering if this router has that problem.

There just seems to be not alot of info/discussion out there on this model but sometimes no news is good news as in maybe it;s rock solid and trouble free. In that case I may pick up one in the near future. Been looking for a less expensive alternative to Netgear R7000/8000 or Asus AC68/U or 87U.

Common F.A.Q.

Last edited by madman999 on Wed May 13, 2015 20:14; edited 2 times in total
gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
yea i agree, i get nervous if I don't see talk. But other than the smbd not starting on it's own, I've had zero issues with this router and dd-wrt. It has been extremely stable. Never had this stability or range with my many netgear routers. They would reboot frequently on any number of builds, but these have never rebooted on their own.

One issue I do recall now that I think about it was with initial setup. I couldn't get the router to get a DHCP from the upstream Ooma I have. Never had that problem with netgear. But when I made the ArcherC9 have a static IP, it worked fine. So that may in fact be a bug, but one that was thankfully easy to bypass (after a lot of sweat and troubleshooting).

madman999 wrote:
I have no idea which one is better or correct so whatever works for you. try my command and see if it works. it may not.

What I mean is that on some of these new routers with 3.x kernel and DD-WRT, there is a lack of native drivers that causes the wan speed to be limited. just wondering if this router has that problem.

There just seems to be not alot of info/discussion out there on this model but sometimes no news is good news as in maybe it;s rock solid and trouble free.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
one thing to check is if your router's network card mac addresses(it may have several-for eth0, eth1 and wlan0 and wlan1) are correctly populated and in sequential order on the main status page. this was an issue on my Asus units.

probably not an issue since you have it working with the static address but could be problematic if not getting a dhcp address.

also, so now if your samba is working, do you have a USB 3.0 drive attached? if so, how is the disk performance? better than USB 2.0 speeds atleast?

Common F.A.Q.

Last edited by madman999 on Wed May 13, 2015 20:03; edited 1 time in total
gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll have to get back to you on the disk performance. I had it connected to netgear before and it worked great. So we'll see.

The DCHP was for the router, not the devices connected to the router. My network is ISP->CableModem->Voip->ArcherC9. For some reason, the C9 wasn't getting an IP address from the VoIP, no matter what I did or how i reset it (but it would work fine for the netgear). But setting it to static ip make it work and passed the internet through.

madman999 wrote:
one thing to check is if you network card mac addresses are correctly populated and in sequential order on the main status page.

probably not an issue since you have it working with the static address but could be problematic if not getting a dhcp address.

also, so now if your samba is working, do you have a USB 3.0 drive attached? if so, how is the disk performance? better than USB 2.0 speeds atleast?
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
why do you have the ooma in between the Archer and the Modem? Is that the way the ISP said or did it just work? Again not that it matters since it works for you but was just wondering. I don;t have any knowledge about Ooma so forgive my ignorance.

I thought you would just connect the Ooma to your network as a regular device and open the necessary ports/port forwarding or put in the DMZ.

Common F.A.Q.

gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Having the Ooma between the ISP and Router gives the Ooma much higher quality for voip and gives it priority. It does work after the router, but the quality can quickly suffer. Both ways are quite accepted, but one is better quality than the other.

madman999 wrote:
why do you have the ooma in between the Archer and the Modem? Is that the way the ISP said or did it just work? Again not that it matters since it works for you but was just wondering. I don;t have any knowledge about Ooma so forgive my ignorance.

I thought you would just connect the Ooma to your network as a regular device and open the necessary ports/port forwarding or put in the DMZ.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: