TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 70, 71, 72  Next
rkboni
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
dwardo wrote:
rkboni wrote:

For what it's worth, r41174 is running happily too.

I confirm Very Happy

After about a month of running this, I'm finding all of my devices (including chromecasts, google speakers, as well we phones) falling off the network more frequently. I don't know if it's just being noticed more, or if it's gotten worse.

I'm considering turning off Wifi on the DDWRT system (using it as a router only) and picking up a new TPLink Archer A20 to run as a pure AP. In the meantime, just a heads-up. Any opinions to confirm or deny that welcome.... I'll probably also give the latest build for the C9v1 a try.
Sponsor
bthoven
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
rkboni wrote:
dwardo wrote:
rkboni wrote:

I confirm Very Happy

After about a month of running this, I'm finding all of my devices (including chromecasts, google speakers, as well we phones) falling off the network more frequently. I don't know if it's just being noticed more, or if it's gotten worse.

I'm considering turning off Wifi on the DDWRT system (using it as a router only) and picking up a new TPLink Archer A20 to run as a pure AP. In the meantime, just a heads-up. Any opinions to confirm or deny that welcome.... I'll probably also give the latest build for the C9v1 a try.

My v3.0-r41027 is running without problem (20+ wifi devices on 3 vlans+VAP, including Google Home mini, Echo dot, .....). The 2.4Ghz signal strength is great. My plan to replace it with real Access Point is on hold because of my C9v1 wifi signal strength and what dd-wrt can provides (VLAN, VAP, ....connecting to my Pfsense)
rkboni
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
bthoven wrote:
rkboni wrote:
dwardo wrote:
rkboni wrote:

I confirm Very Happy

My v3.0-r41027 is running without problem (20+ wifi devices on 3 vlans+VAP, including Google Home mini, Echo dot, .....). The 2.4Ghz signal strength is great. My plan to replace it with real Access Point is on hold because of my C9v1 wifi signal strength and what dd-wrt can provides (VLAN, VAP, ....connecting to my Pfsense)

Good to know. I don't think I saw these issues with r41027, so there's always a fallback if need be. Since I ordered an A20 anyway, I also have a chance to try that and see how it goes... that one should fit on my mantel under the TV, so it would also have the advantage of better location.

Thx!
tnv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
After I upgraded my Archer C9 V1 to the latest firmware version (180125), it only replies to pings. It still does hand out DHCP addresses though. I can't see any Wifi SSID either.

I can't bring up the web interface.

I am wired into the router.

I've tried recovery mode via TFTP using the latest stock firmware as well as trying to downgrade with stock firmware also.

Any way to recover?
adamscabana
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
tnv wrote:
After I upgraded my Archer C9 V1 to the latest firmware version (180125), it only replies to pings. It still does hand out DHCP addresses though. I can't see any Wifi SSID either.

I can't bring up the web interface.

I am wired into the router.

I've tried recovery mode via TFTP using the latest stock firmware as well as trying to downgrade with stock firmware also.

Any way to recover?

I recently messed with this. You can:
1) Reset the router by holding the reset button for 10ish seconds. Then you can try to re-setup dd-wrt.
2) I followed the Bricked Router steps (to the original firmware and my router is happy again):
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP_Link_Archer_C9#How_to_install_DD-WRT
tnv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
adamscabana wrote:

I recently messed with this. You can:
1) Reset the router by holding the reset button for 10ish seconds. Then you can try to re-setup dd-wrt.
2) I followed the Bricked Router steps (to the original firmware and my router is happy again):
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP_Link_Archer_C9#How_to_install_DD-WRT

I tried the TFTP method, but it doesn't seem to be applying the firmware. I can't verify via console, but when I nmap the router, it seems like upnp port 1900 is always open and identifies as

Code:
1900/tcp  open     upnp    ipOS upnpd (TP-Link Archer C9 WAP 1.0; UPnP 1.0)

I've tried all 3 versions of the TP-Link firmware, the latest dd-wrt, and openwrt. It doesn't matter what I send via TFTP, it always returns the same. I have waited overnight for the firmware and it's always the same. Any idea why it wouldn't write the firmware via TFTP recovery?
chadbaldwin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I recently flashed my Archer C9 v1. Everything is working great, except when I make changes and click "Apply Settings"...about half the time, the router never comes back up. If I pull the plug and plug it back in...the settings are applied and I continue on.

But I'm pretty sure this isn't normal, and I'm assuming it's not good to the hardware to constantly be pulling the plug on it.
Rocktek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Over the past few years, I've tried 2 different VPN providers and heap load of configurations and tweaks and I still haven't been able to get over 29MB/s over OpenVPN. Whereas my PC gets near max(100Mb/s)throughput with both providers. I've read some people have got speeds of 40-50Mb/s with this router. Are they making that up or have they used weaker encryption to allow for it?

29Mb/s doesn't seem enough anymore in the age of 4k content. The CPU should be capable of more, but if I understand right, some of the hardware acceleration isn't available(Broadcom's CTF) in DD-WRT. So the speeds wont match ASUS routers with the same CPU.

Are there any builds I've missed, that offer any improvement in OpenVPN performance?
eng3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a v1. I'm considering putting on DDWRT mainly because I'd like to add a VPN server and perhaps run adblock. Is the hardware fast enough for this?
If so, what version would you recommend
parshivets
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi All.

Do you have working LEDs?
Just installed Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r41174 std (09/26/19) to C9 v2 - only Internet led lights orange.
Any suggestions?
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
did any of the firmwares ever get the LED's working correctly?

anybody have any idea what the latest firmware that supports the most features was? and/or the fastest firmware?
dwardo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think any firmware got the leds to work.

I'm on : DD-WRT v3.0-r42460 std (02/20/20)
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
just flashed on my Archer C9 V1

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r42729 (03/18/20)

LED's work great just very very dim. Also, general response from router Web GUI and internet traffic is much better than my previous very old firmware.

I love this router...best I've ever owned...so much so I have 2 of them. Very Happy
rkboni
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
hachiroku wrote:
just flashed on my Archer C9 V1

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r42729 (03/18/20)

LED's work great just very very dim. Also, general response from router Web GUI and internet traffic is much better than my previous very old firmware.

I love this router...best I've ever owned...so much so I have 2 of them. Very Happy

Thanks for that update.. saw a lot of consternation about newest builds in the build threads, so decided to hold off on the very-recent builds and installed DD-WRT v3.0-r42514 std (02/25/20) instead.

What features of the router do you use? Is it just an AP or gateway?

Thanks!
Cool
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi, I'm not sure I follow. I am using the router as an AP that also acts as a gateway.

currently just as an AP but in previous builds I've attached an external hard drive to the USB port and attached to the network using the NAS functionality. this feature wasn't perfect and required me to mount and dismount the drive using telnet in previous builds.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 71 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: