Thomson TG789vn & linksys WRT160N with openvpn firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
bacco
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 14:54    Post subject: Thomson TG789vn & linksys WRT160N with openvpn firmware Reply with quote
Greetings,
I have successfully configured the wrt160n with ddwrt openVPN FW.
I am able to establish a vpn connection between my laptop and ddwrt.
When I plug my laptop cable to the ddwrt and start a VPN giving the DDWRT address, I have a VPN and I can access anything and any subnet behind DDWRT.
Seems succesful BUT....
When I try live, I am unable to establish any VPN coming from an outside IP.
I have NATed the 1194 (UDP) port for all incoming connection with destination 192.168.1.71 (this is the address that Thomson has for the ddwrt WAN port and it is static).
I checked for the port using a port scanner and it looks like the port is closed and no services are running behind it.
So, now my question is why the NAT does not forward all the 1194 requests to the ddwrt?

Am I doing sometihng wrong?
If yes, can someone help me out?

Details:
Thomson Modem is on 192.168.1.254 (subnet 192.168.1.0/24)
DDWRT 192.168.2.0/24
The OpneVPN, when the connection is established, has a 192.168.66.0/24 subnet

I need to be able to come from the internet, establish VPN connection and access any of the subnets.
From the LAN testing, accessing any SUBNET should work. The establishing of the VPN is what I have problems with.
Thanks for your help.
Regards,

Bacco
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: