R6300v2 Cannot login and hard reset does nothing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
grimreaper1014
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 14:50    Post subject: R6300v2 Cannot login and hard reset does nothing. Reply with quote
Hi guys,

A while back I flashed my R6300v2 with a firmware from the router database under betas. It was the latest at the time. Can't remember what build it was. This was months ago. I have flashed many builds to this router and never had a problem till now. I own many other routers and never had a problem flashing them either. After flashing the R6300v2 I am able to have internet access and it shows my wireless network which is still named correctly. The wirless network still have the correct password. However, when I try to login to the router it will not let me in. I have tried every username and password I can think of. Nothing works! I have tried hard resetting using the reset button as well as the WPS button. The WPS button does reset the router but I still cannot login after it resets. Please help me guys.

Thanks,
Rocky
Sponsor
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 18:40    Post subject: Re: R6300v2 Cannot login and hard reset does nothing. Reply with quote
grimreaper1014 wrote:
Hi guys,

A while back I flashed my R6300v2 with a firmware from the router database under betas. It was the latest at the time. Can't remember what build it was. This was months ago. I have flashed many builds to this router and never had a problem till now. I own many other routers and never had a problem flashing them either. After flashing the R6300v2 I am able to have internet access and it shows my wireless network which is still named correctly. The wirless network still have the correct password. However, when I try to login to the router it will not let me in. I have tried every username and password I can think of. Nothing works! I have tried hard resetting using the reset button as well as the WPS button. The WPS button does reset the router but I still cannot login after it resets. Please help me guys.

Thanks,
Rocky

After reset, do you see the default ssid "ddwrt" or does it show your previous ssid? In case it still shows your old ssid, hold the reset button until your see that the router reboots, led should change their state indicating a reboot is going on.
grimreaper1014
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Kong,

Thanks for your reply. When I use the reset button the router does not seam to do anything. Yes it is still showing my old network. Only when I press the WPS button does the router reboot. However, when it resets it still has my old network etc.

Thanks,
Rocky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: