[resolved] looking for a debricking service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
OldSurferDude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 20:05    Post subject: [resolved] looking for a debricking service Reply with quote
[resolution] I found a home for it. I hope it doesn't end up in the landfill

My unit is Buffalo WHR-HP-GN. I was trying to make a "Repeater Bridge" but there was no "Wireless Mode : Repeater Bridge". I assumed it was because the stock dd-wrt code from Buffalo didn't allow it (I refused to believe that because there was only one antenna that it was not possible).

I tried several times to tftp "buffalo-to-dd-wrt_webflash-MULTI.bin" to the unit, but it always timed out. Then I tried the web interface, despite the note that it would not work. It did work. Smile But still no "Wireless Mode : Repeater Bridge". Using this web interface, I put "whr-hp-gn-firmware-MULTI.bin" onto the unit. Still no "Wireless Mode : Repeater Bridge".

Subsequently I learned that "dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin" will brick the unit. I did the 30-30-30, I did the arp -s thing (the MAC address is the SSID on the label?) to no avail.

It looks like the JTAG technique requires a parallel port. and I no longer have a computer with one, so I'm looking for someone who wants to de-brick this for me. Looks like the going rate is $15 plus shipping.

Oh, and I could use a recommendation on a router that will do Repeater Bridge.

Last edited by OldSurferDude on Sat Apr 11, 2015 0:58; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
OldSurferDude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I forgot to mention, on power up, the power light comes on green solid and the * light comes on red solid. After 15 seconds, the * light does a repeated "blink-blink 1-second-wait"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
few more details may be needed in order to help you restore this unit to working conditions.

reading the post, you say you couldn't find a wireless mode for repeater bridge because there was no wireless mode for that specific setting, is wireless not working at all?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: