VPN and DDNS not responding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
SilverSilencer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:23    Post subject: VPN and DDNS not responding Reply with quote
I am using Linksys E1200 v2 and DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/04/15) big - build 26138 and today I wanted to activate VPN with DDNS (like I already did on same router on other location). And the problem is that I can't connect to that VPN from anywhere and at DDNS settings I used freedns.afraid.org (same settings like on other location which works) but on the bottom at DDNS status where there should be log about connection there's just "Connecting to server" all the time.

And the router (who has local IP 192.168.0.1) is connected directly to modems (which has local IP 192.168.1.1) port, I'm not sure if I should maybe open/forward some ports on modem to my router's IP or something which will allow DDNS and VPN connection?
Sponsor
SilverSilencer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am using PPTP.

Great, I will try that. So If I got all correctly, on my modem (192.168.1.1) I have to set DMZ to my router (192.168.0.1).

And then do I have to set static IP on my router or can I leave it "Automatic configuration - DHCP"? If I have to set static IP, will this be OK:

WAN IP Address: 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

And I'm not sure about this part:

Quote:
For example, try adding the following to the Additional DDNS Options field:

Code:
--ip_server_name checkip.dyndns.org:8245 /

Where can I find additional DDNS options field?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: