Use of PPTP bypasses OpenDNS with Buffalo Air Station AC1750

39er
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 18:50    Post subject: Use of PPTP bypasses OpenDNS with Buffalo Air Station AC1750 Reply with quote
Hello all:
I am using OpenDNS and I like it's features. However when I log in to a virtual VPN service, it seems to bypass the OpenDNS functions and all WAN access restricton policies which I have tried on my router without success.

I also had no luck to find a solution while reading through the forum postings. The solution which I am seeking is essentially to force my router to use the OpenDNS DNS server instead of the foreign providers DNS system for address resolution.

It seems to me like a straight forward solution, but it may not be and that's the reason why I am here to request assistance. Thank you.
Sponsor
39er
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi eibgrad,
Thanks for looking at my problem. Unfortunately, I was unable to make any progress using your suggestion. In fact I was unable to telnet into router as it did not want to accept the GUI password. Tinkering with the Putty telnet application and changing some settings in the router to facilitate ssh access, I really confused OpenDNS to the point to render it temporarily inoperaple. But by resetting and rebooting things it decided to work again as expected.

DD-WRT is a nice application but many settings are enigmatic to me. For this reason I may need more coaching than you may be willing to spend time on. I accept that, but I also appreciate your help and best regards.
39er, breathing normally again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: