Netgear WGR614L wireless router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
__papa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks. I have tried the linux24_2 version. This image can not mount the root file system on wgr614l platform.. I have changed the flash driver also and the partition table according to the 614l code. I am not sure what is happening still now. Can anybody please give me some hints regarding the part of source I need to take care of.
Sponsor
__papa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, got rid of it.... I have been able to create a successful image with the dd-wrt linux and tomato romfs. So the linux part is over. Thanks for all the help
__papa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got an error in compiling dd-wrt. It says that 'undefined symbol - pages' in write_web.c. pages is the forst arguement passed to fwrite i.e the buffer. how should I declare pages? It should conatin the html files I guess before passing to fwrite. Can anybody please help me out.
daddybc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
daddybc wrote:
I hope there is something soon. Don't want to have to get a console board/cable for a USB connection to get it working.
http://www.myopenrouter.com/downloads/file/102/Netgear_wgr614l_open_source_guide-v2.pdf

Well, I couldn't unbrick it so figured out how to do so using a Serial Consol and USB cable.
Then I posted how-to here.

Recover Your WGR614L Using a Serial Console & Windows
imaqeo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 23:03    Post subject: Netgear WGR614NA Reply with quote
I have a netgear wgr614na with 2mb flash and 8mb ram. i don't have linux, so could someone please post a micro sf flash or direct me to a link to get one pls? EDIT: the version of my router is v9.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 16:28    Post subject: Re: Netgear WGR614NA Reply with quote
imaqeo wrote:
I have a netgear wgr614na with 2mb flash and 8mb ram. i don't have linux, so could someone please post a micro sf flash or direct me to a link to get one pls? EDIT: the version of my router is v9.

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Broadcom_detection

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
So what is the final verdict on which one you flash it with? Also where is it located at?
ienliven
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
found one build laying around eko's builds...
didnt worked for me.
follow url if u wanna give it a try.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn9856/dd-wrt.v24-9856_NEWD_mini_wgr614v8.chk

gl
twindragon6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:17    Post subject: I tried it and bricked my router! Reply with quote
ienliven wrote:
found one build laying around eko's builds...
didnt worked for me.
follow url if u wanna give it a try.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn9856/dd-wrt.v24-9856_NEWD_mini_wgr614v8.chk

gl

I gave it a try and made a brick... Must not be ready yet or something... Bad .TRX? I just want a build that is current and that actually works... Could somebody help me rebuild this version? Cool Late...
daddybc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
The problem with the Eko build is that it comes with a chk file extension. So once you upgrade to his first version and then try to upgrade to his latest version using the browser it won't let you load a chk file. It must be looking for a bin or trx file.

Any idea how to work around this?
twindragon6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
daddybc wrote:
The problem with the Eko build is that it comes with a chk file extension. So once you upgrade to his first version and then try to upgrade to his latest version using the browser it won't let you load a chk file. It must be looking for a bin or trx file.

The problem I had with it was it bricked my router...

You can still JTAG it on if you want to upgrade it.
It would be nice if they released all available firmware for this thing in a Netgear section of the downloads so that you could use a bin from an upgraded DD-WRT image or flash from the netgear firmware as well. It would also be nice if the version in the downloads section actually worked...
Cool
Late...
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
twindragon6 wrote:
daddybc wrote:

The problem I had with it was it bricked my router...

It would be nice if they released all available firmware for this thing in a Netgear section of the downloads so that you could use a bin from an upgraded DD-WRT image or flash from the netgear firmware as well. It would also be nice if the version in the downloads section actually worked...
Cool
Late...

boards are always welcome for porting. were are you from? you will have to ship to germany, slovenia or russia

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Boards are always welcome for porting. Where are you from? You will have to ship to Germany, Slovenia or Russia.

I'm from the United States, I would not mind shipping if it means working builds will be available for this board. Do you have shipping addresses available? I'd like to send it to Eko.
daddybc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
twindragon6 wrote:

Cool
Late...

If it bricked the router then you can probably fix it using the serial console cable and tftp.

I will probably just try tftp and putting the newer chk file on the router using it.
nachi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure if I had posted to right thread. Just wanted to to bring to your attention to the posting at
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32799

-
Nachi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: