Linksys E1200 V2 Wired Ports not working with DD-WRT

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
FakeFrowns
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11    Post subject: Linksys E1200 V2 Wired Ports not working with DD-WRT Reply with quote
Wired ports were working fine with Linksys firmware. I loaded DD-WRT onto the router and now they won't work. I can access the web gui via wifi.

Wired devices are not assigned an IP address by the router, and they default to an IP in the 169.254.x.x range. Even if I assign one manually in the correct range, I cannot access the router from a wired connection.

The port lights light up and my computers detect a connection, but I can't access the router at all.

I have tried firmware versions:

All with the same result.

Does anyone know of anything that might be causing this? I've tried to figure it out, but haven't had any luck yet.

Thanks.
Sponsor
FakeFrowns
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update:

Reverting to the stock firmware did get the wired ports working. I then tried flashing the DD-WRT firmware again and found that right after the flash I could communicate with the router and even access the DD-WRT webgui, but as soon as I did the hard reset, the wired ports stopped working again.

Something about the default settings of the DD-WRT firmware must be causing some problems with these ports.

I can't find anything in the settings I can change that would seem to relate to this problem.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
SamJones
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the update! I was having the same issues with my E1200. Your fix worked for me as well!

Connecting through the wireless I flashed to the stock Linksys firmware. The ethernet ports starting working again. Without doing a hard reset (30/30/30), I flashed to "dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1200v2" and the ethernet ports continued to work. I again skipped the hard reset, set the after flashing option to "Don't reset", and flashed "dd-wrt.v24-26490_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv64k". The ethernet ports are still working and DD-WRT is working great!
rickW
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
For some reason, the sama is happening with later builds such as the 26866.

Trailed Builds ( *.E900 *E1200v2 ) make your lan ports unsuable.

You have to flash Nv64K builds through wifi in order to get them working.
jduggan95
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had this when I first flashed the initial trailed build r21676. Moreover, I can recreate this by simply Defaulting to Factory Settings.

After I reset to default settings, I noticed that the ethernet ports didn't work. I unplugged the cable from the Linksys e1200 v2 router and opened up the web gui. After logging in, and changing the password, I rebooted the router using the Administration page (unrelated: I also enabled the sshd and applied the settings). When the router came back up, the ethernet ports were working.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
mega-nv64_K3.x builds of the last few months work well on the E1200v2.

Note: You must have a K2.6 mini build installed before you install a K3.x
hoot_spoot
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 20:51    Post subject: Wiki updated Reply with quote
I updated the wiki
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E1200v2

This avoids making the ethernet ports inoperable.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Before bricking mine I noticed the same lan port issue but I was connecting with wifi and disabling WAN then I was able to sign in by lan. LAN was not so important for me because my intention was to set up hotspot on it till I bricked it Sad
hoot_spoot
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 16:15    Post subject: pin reset or tftp Reply with quote
did you try either?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:30    Post subject: Re: pin reset or tftp Reply with quote
hoot_spoot wrote:
did you try either?

I should make it worked first to try it out. I bricked mine already and looking for support for jtag or serial Sad
brrowndevil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:22    Post subject: LAN ports not working Reply with quote
I am having the same issue with my Linksys E1200 LAN ports are not working. I am currently using the latest firmware dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1200v2 and dd-wrt.v24-29519_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-nv64k. The ports worked initially but after resetting them they stopped working. I could rarely get them to work but after plugging and unplugging the LAN cable they would work sometimes in the beginning and now they do not work at all after many resets. When I changed the IP4 address to a static address on my computer it worked just fine and when I change it back to a dynamic address the LAN ports stopped working. The ports light up and blink as if they are transmitting data. Strangely my computer does not know the name of the device when connected to the LAN ports but knows the name when connected by way of wifi. The Wifi half works, it worked with no problems at the beginning and after many restarts it stops working. When I connect to wifi DD-WRT it works just fine but when I change the wifi settings to Router Bridge and add a Virtual wifi SSID I can not either connect to the Virtual Wifi or my wifi devices can not see the wifi SSID that I just made after press Save and Applying the Settings. I does not matter if I apply do not apply the Wifi Security Settings to WPA2 or none, I get the same results. So I change the firmware back to the Linksys firmware to see if the router if broken but the LAN ports and Wifi work flawlessly with no problems. Please help.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:03    Post subject: Re: LAN ports not working Reply with quote
brrowndevil wrote:
I am having the same issue with my Linksys E1200 LAN ports are not working. I am currently using the latest firmware dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1200v2 and dd-wrt.v24-29519_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-nv64k. The ports worked initially but after resetting them they stopped working. I could rarely get them to work but after plugging and unplugging the LAN cable they would work sometimes in the beginning and now they do not work at all after many resets. When I changed the IP4 address to a static address on my computer it worked just fine and when I change it back to a dynamic address the LAN ports stopped working. The ports light up and blink as if they are transmitting data. Strangely my computer does not know the name of the device when connected to the LAN ports but knows the name when connected by way of wifi. The Wifi half works, it worked with no problems at the beginning and after many restarts it stops working. When I connect to wifi DD-WRT it works just fine but when I change the wifi settings to Router Bridge and add a Virtual wifi SSID I can not either connect to the Virtual Wifi or my wifi devices can not see the wifi SSID that I just made after press Save and Applying the Settings. I does not matter if I apply do not apply the Wifi Security Settings to WPA2 or none, I get the same results. So I change the firmware back to the Linksys firmware to see if the router if broken but the LAN ports and Wifi work flawlessly with no problems. Please help.

If you are back on stock firmware and just want a repeater bridge install
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2013/05-27-2013-r21676/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1200v2.bin
do a 30/30/30 reset then do a power cycle and go about your merry......
brrowndevil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:22    Post subject: New Firmware Reply with quote
I am no longer on the Linksys firmware at the moment, I have flashed it back to the DD-WRT firmware. Can I flash it directly it to dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1200v2.bin on the DD-WRT gui or do I have to reflash it back to the Linksys original firmware again.

The next question is that I am trying to get this software to work with comcast xfinity hotspot service which does not require a wireless network key but you are required to login in on a web browser with your login name and password in order to gain access to the hotspot service. In the past this method would not work if I was trying to connect a xbox to the internet. The way that I got it to work was to login to my xfinity account from a cell phone or a computer then copy the same MAC Address to my xbox to get it to connect to the comcast xfinity hotspot service. So can I use DD-WRT to MAC clone feature to connect it to the hotspot service and is the router setting called client bridge or router bridge.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:33    Post subject: Re: New Firmware Reply with quote
brrowndevil wrote:
I am no longer on the Linksys firmware at the moment, I have flashed it back to the DD-WRT firmware. Can I flash it directly it to dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1200v2.bin on the DD-WRT gui or do I have to reflash it back to the Linksys original firmware again.

The next question is that I am trying to get this software to work with comcast xfinity hotspot service which does not require a wireless network key but you are required to login in on a web browser with your login name and password in order to gain access to the hotspot service. In the past this method would not work if I was trying to connect a xbox to the internet. The way that I got it to work was to login to my xfinity account from a cell phone or a computer then copy the same MAC Address to my xbox to get it to connect to the comcast xfinity hotspot service. So can I use DD-WRT to MAC clone feature to connect it to the hotspot service and is the router setting called client bridge or router bridge.

Yea you can flash to that build but you should do 30/30/30 after.

What you're try to do you need use Repeater mode NOT repeater bridge. Whatever dd-wrt build you are currently using should work.....but I know the old one will.
After you see in status that you have connected to hotspot.... Then connect to your routers VAP or wired and attempt go to web page. Hotspot should redirect to their page. Once logged in it should retain your routers MAC until disconnected....meaning you should now be able to connect to your router with any device and have internet without logging into hotspot.

Also note that using the xbox over their hotspot will likely be short lived.... they will just eventually block whatever MAC you use.
apacheguy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a E1200 v2. Have not experience the LAN ports not working. I was previously on vpnkong 22000M, but last week upgraded to the newer 2016 beta builds. LAN ports continue to function as expected. The only thing I noticed is I am not seeing the full downlink speed provided by my cable modem.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: