Bricked Archer C7 v2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
suchalaugh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of all, thanks for yout help, but in fact I did wait up to 30 minutes after a restore. Only outcome was: Nothing happened...
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
harrybarracuda wrote:
I realise this thread is a bit old, but it was only one I found in relation to downgrading from DD-WRT to Stock.

Downgrading using tftp is like editing the registry when installing a wifi card if you get the drift..
The sticky "Files for reverting from DD-WRT to STOCK FIRMWARE" thread has a revert file for C7v2 so that anyone regardless of knowledge or skill can easily go back to stock firmware.
Files in that thread are only for updating/reverting via the gui, not to be used by tftp.

harrybarracuda wrote:

I followed the instructions, the recovery bin uploaded but the Router now appear to be in some kind of loop, with a sequence of lights repeating every 5-6 seconds.

Any ideas?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know why you and two other users has this problem with tftp, it has worked for lots of users before.
This file posted previously in the forum should work:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=176560&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=149 (broken link) -kp69

Make sure Windows firewall is disabled. Completely. For sure.
Disable any program which may interfere with wired eth comms, for instance antivirus programs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you all for your help. I Did exactly all that once again right a few minutes ago

No anti-virus, no firewall, double check with wireshark that it asks for the assigned ip
After it grabbed the file (the one posted in the other thread, of course) via TFTP completly, I waited more than half an hour until I checked again.
The results you can see in the youtube-vid here:
https://youtu.be/WQhEwAb7PVU

The first seconds show what it does all the time, before and after providing the file, it doesn't matter.
Then you see me pushing the reset button once. Nothing happens. Then I push the reset button again for like 8 seconds, the lights start flashing like they should, just to go back to the weird flashing, we already know from before after a few seconds again.

So no success so far.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
suchalaugh wrote:
So no success so far.

I wonder if TP-Link has made any change to the bootloader in later stock firmwares.
Did you ever do a firmware update using the oct-nov 2015 stock firmwares from TP-Link US?
Do you know if your router is a US version?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Deleted

Last edited by ckdalsdk12 on Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:54; edited 1 time in total
suchalaugh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
suchalaugh wrote:
So no success so far.

I wonder if TP-Link has made any change to the bootloader in later stock firmwares.
Did you ever do a firmware update using the oct-nov 2015 stock firmwares from TP-Link US?

Well for me, the US stock firmware didn't work at all. Neither does any of those files here: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/02-09-2016-r29059/tplink_archer-c7-v2/

Guess it's not an US-version as it was bought in Europe?
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
suchalaugh wrote:
LOM wrote:
suchalaugh wrote:
So no success so far.

Well for me, the US stock firmware didn't work at all. Neither does any of those files here: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/02-09-2016-r29059/tplink_archer-c7-v2/

Guess it's not an US-version as it was bought in Europe?

It seems there are 3 types of FW: US - for USA routers, IL - for Israel and "general" for all other countries. US and IL versions are signed by US and IL. May be you need try "general" version w/o this signs.
suchalaugh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I defintly tried all six of them...
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:58    Post subject: Re: Bricked Archer C7 v2. Reply with quote
321Kami wrote:
Hi guys,
I tried to upgrade ddwrt on my archer from 15th december to 22nd and after doing that (I selected the option to persist configuration which is probably the reason of brick) my router is in constant bootloop. I tried 30/30/30 reboot but it seems that router doesn't react to reset button at all. Is there any hope for me? Have anyone tried to dissemble it and find jTag port?

It has serial header for TTL(3.3V) RS-232 interface, I used it. Don't connect power, only RX,TX and Ground

I tried to work with it.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=288056
suchalaugh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I tried to work with it.

And did it work for you?
I was trying to avoid that option but I guess there is no other then..
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
suchalaugh wrote:
Quote:
I tried to work with it.

And did it work for you?
I was trying to avoid that option but I guess there is no other then..

You are wrong. If the router continuously rebooting, what can you do with it? In the start it try get recovery image from network over TFTP. You should set up TFTP server and assign the adress to your comp to 192.168.0.66 (for older versions - x.x.1.66). The image must have specific name (ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin) , Firewall and antivirus software - disabled.
I did it one month ago. Here dialog with LOM, who very helped me.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1002744#1002744
I used israeli version of router, but you need "general" version, not US and not IL version.
suchalaugh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scroll to the top and read through the posts, mate:)
TFTP doesn't work for me:(
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
suchalaugh wrote:

Then you'll have to connect serially so we can get an idea of what is happening in this reboot loop.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
suchalaugh wrote:
Scroll to the top and read through the posts, mate:)

I know and was sure like you before did it by myself. The image transfer over TFTP take less than second. It enough for starting flash process. If boot loader don't got the right image, it go to reboot. You should give it the image for stopping the cycle.
petoniano
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 16:18    Post subject: Re: Archer C7 V2 BootLoop Reply with quote
Don´t work for me either
I have the same problem that describes pfvrflsim, and I think it´s the same that Suchalaugh

Pfvrflsim wrote:
Hey guys! Same problem here.

After pressing reset I see device getting firmware from TFTP server but after it absolutely nothing happens. It blinks repeatedly in following order:
1) all lamps
2) 1,2 and 4rd (power, star and bigger wifi lamp)
3) All except 3rd.
And starts over.

Tried a lot of found recovery images for this model.
Same result.

Router getting firmware and nothing happens.

Any ideas?
Help, please!

I managed to use tftpd32 on 192.168.0.66 and send the file (ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin) dowloaded here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=931988&sid=b049059013aa359584c6bb69aa3be42b (broken link) -kp69

but then nothing happened, the same bootloop that describes above Pfvrflsim

Maybe it´s not the correct recovery file for my model? I´m pretty sure that is V2 and I bought it in Spain, so I assume it´s international version.

Where can I find more Recovery files to try them, or can I rename any firmware to ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin to unbrick it

thank you very much for your help, at the moment my router is still bricked.

PD: all my trouble started upgrading from 27506 to the latest 29xxx , without deleting nvram
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: