LTE USB Stick Huawei E3372

Goto page Previous  1, 2
n00b-b00b
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yenda, one more question - did you had the opportunity to try out OpenWRT + Huawei E3372 combination and based on that can you confirm these two are not compatible?

yenda wrote:
Hello,
no news - actually, as I needed to run it rather soon I bought a different LTE USB stick ZTE MF 823 and had to use OpenWRT... now working like a charm with a LTE speed Smile
Sponsor
yenda
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I can confirm the Huawei E3372 is not working for me. Please note: There are two main FW in E3372 - one which act as modem device and you have to connect via ppp and second with so called Hilink, which should from my opinion work. I've had the non-hilink one and I was not successful at all.

You should see the hilink device as an USB0 (or something similar I believe) and you can get an IP address via DHCP from it (this is how it works with ZTE, currently on OpenWRT only).
daicon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Any news?
I continue waiting comoatibility e3372 for ddwrt.
Thanks
mz98
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
since firmware 27775 (2015/09/07) there is linux 3.18.21.

So is E3372 working already?
gyrex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone managed to get the E3372 (hilink) working with DD-WRT?
Miguel93
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same question as the above.
I've flashed the latest firmware from the 16th to my TP Link MR3020 but the mobile connection just stays as disconnected no matter what i do.
frostspring
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, I repost my post here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1016068#1016068

Now I managed to get IP from Huawei E3372 USB HiLnk with the following commands:
Code:
insmod usbnet
insmod cdc_ether
usb_modeswitch J -v 0x12d1 -p 0x1f01
sleep 20
udhcpc -i eth2   

WAN status shows correctly HiLink's Gateway and DNS (192.168.8.1). The internet connection status light is on with Asus router. But finally can't access to internet.

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)

Advices welcome - thank you.
gyrex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
My solution was to buy an Asus AC68U router and run shibby tomato firmware with the Huawei modem. Works like a dream!
frostspring
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply!

I still prefer to use DD-WRT because I use Astrill's VPN applet and it has better user interface than what it is in Tomato.

So experts, help me please.
mankomal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for raking up an old post
But is there any development on this I have the same USB sticks want to use them with TL-MR3020
55tutu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I have also a TPLink TL-MR3020 with E3372s LTE stick and the non hilink firmware. But I can not connect to the internet.

For the test I use the current beta firmware
DD-WRT v3.0-r35244 std (03/05/1Cool

Any idea, how to setup the stick to work with the MR3020?
georgenistor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 20:26    Post subject: does this Huawey E3372 work in 2019 Reply with quote
Hello,

Has anyone any success with Huawey E3372?
markondej
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lately, I've managed to get it working on my old WNDR3700v2. This modem comes in two versions:
firmware 21.xxxx <- non hilink, works like a standard usb modem
firmware 22.xxxx <- hilink, creates ethernet interface and works like router

I suppose, to use this modem as a hilink device, your DD-WRT router needs to have usbnet and cdc_ether modules installed in, and then all you have to do is to setup WAN interface to newly created eth2. This might be done by modyfying iptables, routing table or even in GUI, i.e. add this script as startup script:

Code:

insmod usbnet
insmod cdc_ether
ifconfig eth2 up
udhcpc -i eth2

iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o eth2 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i eth2 -o br0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth2 -j MASQUERADE

On mine Netgear WNDR3700v2 (DD-WRT beta 3.0, build 40559) this wasn't option as there was no cdc_ether module. Ofcourse one can try to cross compile this module and upload it on jffs, but as I worked with Windows machine and had limited time this wasn't option either.

I've decided to use it as a standard serial modem, which is not best idea if one is counting on super-high LTE connection speed, but it works well with DD-WRT. The maximum download/upload speed would be ~30 MB/s. For my needs this was ok, as I'm using it in non-urban area, where even in hilink mode 30 MB/s is hard to achieve.

Now what I did is I've reflashed my e3372s-153 device to be non-hilink (there are plenty of tutorials over internet how this might be done), downgrading it's firmware to version 21.xxx.
Since then my router detected this device as a standard Huawei modem ("cat /proc/bus/usb/devices" showed it as vendor id: 12d1 and product id: 1506), and 2 ports have been created: /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1. The problem with this device are these interfaces. As LOM stated earlier, most Huawei devices in the past had modem interface on first serial port, this one's have it on second port. This feature may be changed by sending proper AT command to modem. In order to do this I've decided to use an old comgt program built in DD-WRT (by the way, why not upgrade'ing to gcom?):

First plug in modem into USB port, login to router via telnet (use Putty for example), and then create new comgt scritp, type:
Code:

cat >> /tmp/setport.comgt << EOF
opengt
 set com 115200n81
 set senddelay 0.02
 waitquiet 1 0.2
 flash 0.1

print "Changing port configuration\n"
 send "AT\^SETPORT=\"FF;1,12,16,A2\"^m"

waitfor 15 "OK","ERROR"
 if % = 0 goto reset
 if % = 1 goto senderror
 goto timeout

:reset
 print "Restarting modem\n"
 send "AT\^RESET^m"

waitfor 15 "OK","ERROR"
 if % = 0 goto success
 if % = 1 goto senderror

:timeout
 print "Timeout occured\n"
 exit 1

:senderror
 print "Error occured\n"
 exit 1

:success
 exit 0
EOF

Run your script:
Code:

/usr/sbin/comgt -s -d /dev/usb/tts/1 /tmp/setport.comgt

Next, login to DD-WRT via web GUI, in setup choose Mobile Broadband connection as your WAN, type proper APN, user nad password, reboot and that's it, your E3372 should be working.

Now, as You switched the default ports, the E3372 won't be working on Windows machines anymore without swithing them back manualy. To switch port settings back to factory settings use the same method but change:
Code:

AT\^SETPORT=\"FF;1,12,16,A2\"

to
Code:

AT\^SETPORT=\"A1,A2;12,1,16,A1,A2\"

Mine E3373 works very stable and connection rate is 30 Mb/s download and about 25 Mb/s upload. I'm usnig it in my vacations country house with 2 external, 16dB directional antennas, where normal 4G smartphones have very weak signal. I must addmit I'm very glad of finding serious usage for my old Netgear instead of simply throwing it away as garbage. Environment first Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: