New Netgear WNDR3300 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
gamer2006
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
need help!

I recently flashed my WNDR3300 with ddwrt when the stock firmware started complaining about the torrenting I was doing. Before doing this, I turned off the accursed dome light. Post-flash, the light remained off. Great success!

Until, at complete random, it came back.

I can NOT stand this light. Currently running build 13064. Any help?

Please excuse if the answer is elsewhere in the thread. I lack patience to find it Sad
Sponsor
pauln241
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes redhawk0 it was set up for 115.2K baud, 8-N-1.

I have my new router on my desk, which I will flash tonight when I get home & start the testing again.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
gamer2006 wrote:
need help!

I recently flashed my WNDR3300 with ddwrt when the stock firmware started complaining about the torrenting I was doing. Before doing this, I turned off the accursed dome light. Post-flash, the light remained off. Great success!

Please excuse if the answer is elsewhere in the thread. I lack patience to find it Sad

If the dome LED's are that bothersome....unplug them. They are connected to the motherboard with the flat ribbon cable. (next to the Serial port)

But...13064 should disable the LED's. BTW...what is the exact build you loaded.

Try 13525 build. It was more stable on my 3300 with this build.

redhawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
regarding the serial on this unit.

I was working with DHC_DarkShadow last night regarding the serial port for a 3300. He posted a picture of the port with pinouts when he finished debricking his unit. Here is the link with the pic.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=67251

redhawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
gamer2006 wrote:
need help!

If the dome LED's are that bothersome....unplug them. They are connected to the motherboard with the flat ribbon cable. (next to the Serial port)

But...13064 should disable the LED's. BTW...what is the exact build you loaded.

Try 13525 build. It was more stable on my 3300 with this build.

redhawk

Any dis assembly instructions? I also can't find the build you're referencing.

As for the light going off.. I cant get any current varient of the build to disable the light.. not after reboots or anything.
DoesItMatter
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been using Eko's build 13491-snow for a while.

It runs great, solid signals on 5ghz and 2.4ghz, and no dome light on my 2 units.

The 13491-nokaid-nohotspot-nostor is good on memory as well.

I've had uptimes of over 1 month with them.

I usually try to reboot every 2-4 weeks though, just to keep them fresh.

Linksys EA8500 - OpenWRT IPQ806x Trunk R16375 5.4 Kernel

TP-Link Archer C7 V3 - OpenWRT Build R16290 5.4 Kernel
Linksys E3000 - FreshTomato Build MIPSR2 2021.2
patord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
gamer2006 wrote:

Any dis assembly instructions? I also can't find the build you're referencing.

As for the light going off.. I cant get any current varient of the build to disable the light.. not after reboots or anything.

Which build version exactly have you been trying? The one redhawk is mentioning? Can you confirm you have done the 30/30/30 reset on the unit after each flash? You did not mention if you did that, and usually that can fix issues like this.

I guess the last resort is taking the unit apart and pulling the ribbon cable from the PCB. You need a torx bit. There a 6 screws of which 4 are hidden by the rubber pads at the bottom of the unit. Just use your fingertip to pull the pads out to expose the screws. I'll add this info to the wiki I've been updating recently.

Personally I have many of these units and I have never had the dome LEDs come back on like what is happening to you. If you have done the 30/30/30 and use the recommended version builds, you should probably make sure nothing else is wrong with the unit as well.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
what advanced settings are recommended for this router in both bands?
WRT310N V2 CB K2.6 BS 15362 STD Nokaid
oxygenx
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
patord wrote:

Personally I have many of these units and I have never had the dome LEDs come back on like what is happening to you. If you have done the 30/30/30 and use the recommended version builds, you should probably make sure nothing else is wrong with the unit as well.

True, the dome LEDs dont work at all, as soon dd-wrt loads. only the usual status leds.
Boardbabe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
After just recently flashing to DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/02/10) std-nokaid-nohot-nostore - build 13577M I'm loosing connection to my WL0 N (5Ghz only) WLAN. I'm getting disconnected and the SSID does not show up in windows connection manager, then after a few secs it can reconnect and keeps up for a few minutes.

Why these drops?
lavike
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm trying to use 2 wndr3300s in Bridge-Repeater mode so that I can connect an XBOX360 to one via ethernet cable. I'm also hoping to get internet access to other parts of my home via the Bridge-Repeater.

I flashed using the .chk file recommended in the wiki. I could not get the 13525-Std-Generic version of the firmware to take. I would always get a flashing power light and the router would be un-responsive. I would recover from this by using "tftp.exe" to flash a Netgear firmware. I always did a 30-30-30 between each flash.

I did flash a "mini" version from EKO but that had a "nokaid" option which seems to be needed for XBOX network traffic.

What version number (13525, etc.) and type (std-generic, etc.) would folks recommend?

Any thoughts on why I couldn't get a "std-generic" version on the router?

Thanks in advance.
mike8675309
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
lavike wrote:

What version number (13525, etc.) and type (std-generic, etc.) would folks recommend?

Thanks in advance.

See my signature for what I'm running. It is currently working as a WDS client with an XBOX 360, PS3 and DVR plugged into it to get access to the internet on the other side of a long room. Xbox live works fine and NAT is open with the version I have as long as the UPNP service is started. Or you can open ports manually.

The KAID part of Nokaid isn't related to Xbox Live. It is like an open version of Xbox Live that works for a bunch of systems, not just microsoft.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Kai_Console_Gaming

I'm not sure what size the firmware you were trying to load was, but the memory is tight on the 3300 with only 4MB of flash. (brainslayer build shows 3.6MB)
Link to the one I'm running:
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn13577/
patord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
lavike wrote:

Interesting.

So I downloaded most of the std-generic.bin and nokaid-generic.bin K24-broadcom files for the past couple of months. Last ones I tried was back in July 2009 and both were fine.

It appears that any .bin file larger than approximately 3648kb in size will fail to flash. So releases since about Dec 2009 for std-generic have exceeded this size. Anything I flashed that was under that threshold was fine. eg, even up to 3628kb from the most recent r13972 nokaid-generic was fine.

This router has 4mb of flash sure, but no one has exactly listed what the approx threshold was for the firmware size you can use. Based on the OpenWRT wiki flash ROM partition sizing for this router, the max size bin firmware you can load should be:

3735552 bytes or about 3648kb (the available partition size for linux and rootfs combined which equal what the firmware is)

I'll update the wiki with this info that folks will have to watch the file sizes of the bin files they use.

Feel free to try any std-generic or nokaid-generic under this size. I would use the nokaid-generic unless you have a specific need to use the kaid features as those seem to be the right size so far.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Boardbabe wrote:
After just recently flashing to DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/02/10) std-nokaid-nohot-nostore - build 13577M I'm loosing connection to my WL0 N (5Ghz only) WLAN. I'm getting disconnected and the SSID does not show up in windows connection manager, then after a few secs it can reconnect and keeps up for a few minutes.

Why these drops?

Looks like you did the whole 30/30/30 deal in your previous posts... Not sure what to tell you except I use this exact release on about 4 of these routers right now, 2 of which are a WDS setup. All using 5ghz N-only on wl0 at various channels (UNI-II and UNI-III). The WDS setup has been in use for at least 2+ weeks with almost no drops since I put them in service.

Can you double check if your wireless NIC can pickup other near by 5Ghz N routers or do you know anyone nearby with a DECT 5 phone system? I had to ditch my DECT5 phones as it stomped ALL over the UNI-III channels I was using (149-161).

If you are using an Intel NIC you should be able to use it's site survey-like feature. If it is an Atheros based NIC, the AR GUI has a site survey option in one of the tabs.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Site survey shows no other 5Ghz networks near by and I do not have any DECT phones.

I tried reducing Beacon interval from 75 to 50 to see if it may help. Anything else that could be the problem? I believe the channels are as far away as close by networks channeling as possible.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 73 of 75
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: