[Script] Adblock Plus Filters for Privoxy (without Optware)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was about to implement this script to my DD-WRT router. But I might have skim through other thread that the Privoxy 3.0.23 that are now on the latest BS 26xxx firmware might have issues.

Will this script still work?

Anyone here running firmware above 26138+
Sponsor
Kalonji25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm running the latest R7000 kong without any complications.
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyway to add custom domain to the block list? I'm noticing some ads on some windows 8 apps from adduplex.com and want to block them.
steelskinz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anyone attach the privoxy folder for R7000 or just privoxy alone without config file please ? Thanks.
jons
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does this slow down the router at all?
I have a 300mhz router.
Workly72
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello everyone.

Could someone upload his easylist.script.action and easylist.script.filter files so I can check if mine look correct, because there are some ads that are not blocked which are with adblock plus.
N00bishN00b
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I am trying to use this function as well but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I have followed the tutorial strictly.

When I look into logfile from 'var/log/privoxy/' it shows the following error:

Quote:
2015-05-23 20:54:04.551 b6ff3bbc Fatal error: can't load re_filterfile '/jffs/etc/privoxy/easylistgermany.script.filter': Invalid argument

I have put this into the 'privoxy-blocklist.sh' file which is in the '/jffs' directory:

Quote:
chmod +x privoxy-blocklist.sh
sh privoxy-blocklist.sh

Furthermore I can't connect to websites when I enable the 'Transparent Mode' of Privoxy.

Could somebody help me, please?
tripog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
N00bishN00b wrote:
Hey guys,

I am trying to use this function as well but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I have followed the tutorial strictly.

When I look into logfile from 'var/log/privoxy/' it shows the following error:

Quote:
2015-05-23 20:54:04.551 b6ff3bbc Fatal error: can't load re_filterfile '/jffs/etc/privoxy/easylistgermany.script.filter': Invalid argument

I have put this into the 'privoxy-blocklist.sh' file which is in the '/jffs' directory:

Quote:
chmod +x privoxy-blocklist.sh
sh privoxy-blocklist.sh

Furthermore I can't connect to websites when I enable the 'Transparent Mode' of Privoxy.

Could somebody help me, please?

I removed the Germany entries from mine but when making your entry to the Custom Configuration field on the dd wrt gui make sure to enable accept-intercepted-requests when using transparent mode by changing the 0 to a 1 like " accept-intercepted-requests 1 "

if you do not accept intercepted requests while using transparent mode you will need to set up the proxy on each device you wish to use privoxy with

here is a copy of the my custom configuration field as an example:

confdir /jffs/etc/privoxy
logdir /var/log/privoxy
actionsfile match-all.action
actionsfile default.action
actionsfile user.action
actionsfile malwaredomains_full.script.action
actionsfile easylist.script.action
filterfile easylist.script.filter
filterfile malwaredomains_full.script.filter
filterfile default.filter
listen-address 192.168.1.1:8118
toggle 1
enable-remote-toggle 0
enable-remote-http-toggle 0
enable-edit-actions 1
buffer-limit 4096
debug 512
accept-intercepted-requests 1
split-large-forms 0
keep-alive-timeout 5
socket-timeout 300
handle-as-empty-doc-returns-ok 1
jeffj
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
has any one managed to get this to actually work recently? adblock changed the format of their lists and this script rejects them all now. It doesnt look like OP is maintaining it on github anymore either.
jebise101
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
jeffj wrote:
has any one managed to get this to actually work recently? adblock changed the format of their lists and this script rejects them all now. It doesnt look like OP is maintaining it on github anymore either.

mine seem okay, they download and install fine.
jebise101
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone able to get adsense add blocked?
s0me0nesmind1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello folks.

I seem to be having a VERY weird issue after following the installation instructions. Everything looks good as far as downloading everything.

But the MOMENT I turn on the custom configuration for Adblock in DD-WRT web interface with transparency, it seems to block ANY and ALL websites that do not have an https:// URL.

That means if i try www.google.com, I get a connection refused. The exact error is: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED in Chrome. I discovered that if I simply make the http:// into https://, it will go through fine. Anyone know how I can fix this issue?
lipflip
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
s0me0nesmind1 wrote:
Hello folks.

I seem to be having a VERY weird issue after following the installation instructions. Everything looks good as far as downloading everything.

But the MOMENT I turn on the custom configuration for Adblock in DD-WRT web interface with transparency, it seems to block ANY and ALL websites that do not have an https:// URL.

That means if i try www.google.com, I get a connection refused. The exact error is: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED in Chrome. I discovered that if I simply make the http:// into https://, it will go through fine. Anyone know how I can fix this issue?

I have also this issue... no other urls are working... https is working because that is using a diffrent port (443) and privoxy is on port 80

No solution ? Sad
jebise101
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
You guys missed something for sure, I'm running the latest script with no issues
Redback813
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
G'day People
If ya having problems with privoxy blocking all url in port 80 it mean that your config setup in custom is in incorrect , it what you have in the config setup doesn't reflect what you have in the privoxy subfolders , this is a must too make sure all T's and dots are the same for both file name and config setup , anything else will throw the program into a spin. Have logs enable too see what's happening and forward thought result onto the forum for people too look at. To help trouble shoot.

P.S start small first , then work ya way up.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: