Sharing a public hotspot

freakalad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 23:29    Post subject: Sharing a public hotspot Reply with quote
I'm helping out at a community library, and donated one of my old WRT54GSv4 (updated with most current firmware) to the cause.
They have a number of (Ubuntu) desktop PC's with 10/100 NIC's, connecting through the DD (DD serving up DHCP, etc).

I'm trying to have the DD connect to the (so-so) free public hotspot provided in the area. Seems to be some 'Tomizone' running on a Microtik that redirects here via a captive portal.

I want it to either proxy the connection - i.e. deal with the auth, etc from it's end & simply pass data through, or pass data through as-is & let the desktops/clients connect & auth themselves.

I've already done the survey on the DD & found & selected the WiFi hotspot, but I do not seem to be offered or accepting a public IP via DHCP, not am I able to ping the upstream gateway via telnet/ssh on the box.

Can anyone please help me here?
Any help would be appreciated. obviously I cannot try every iteration, as I need to make changes to the device, go out to the site, test it, rinse & repeat.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: