Had DDWRT installed, rebooted router now its non responsive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 23:58    Post subject: Had DDWRT installed, rebooted router now its non responsive Reply with quote
After trying to upgrade firmware thru the DD-WRT Admin page I got "Upgrade Failed".

I proceeded to reboot the router (unplug and replug back in from power).

1) IPs (local not wireless) DO NOT get any IPs anymore

2) I place a fixed IP on the 192.168.1.xx range to my PC try to PING 192.168.1.1 and "TIMEOUT" all the time.

3) I tried setting my IP using this guide and PING 169.254.255.1 responds TIMEOUT as well.

Quote:

Recovery of a non-responsive LaFonera
If you've managed to get partway through this guild and find the LaFonera doesn't seem to respond anymore, here are a few recovery tricks.

Set your computer's network card IP address to 169.254.255.2 and the subnet mask to 255.255.0.0. You may need to disconnect/disable all other network cards on that PC to ensure the proper route is used.
Connect your LaFonera to the network card via a network cable.
In a browser, try to connect to http://169.254.255.1:8080
If that fails, try to establish an SSH connection to 169.254.255.1
If that fails, try to establish a Telnet connection to 169.254.255.1 on the standard port (23), or port 9000.
Power on the LaFonera, and after 2 to 4 seconds, try to start the Telnet connection to catch the RedBoot prompt.
When Using RedBoot, make sure you are using line mode for Telnet. In Mac OS X and Linux, enable this by creating a file named ".telnetrc" in your home folder. Add the following lines:

4) However, when I first plug in the Fonera it responds to 192.168.1.254 PING for about 4-5 seconds then timeout. I tried telnet on port 9000 without success it seems.

Suggestions?
Sponsor
kampz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
try to access redboot...

btw which version that you use? if you use RC7, you have to reconfig in the redboot...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
kampz wrote:
try to access redboot...

btw which version that you use? if you use RC7, you have to reconfig in the redboot...

Thanks. I used RC6

I rebooted the router about 10 times but was able to login to the Redboot prompt, saw a bunch of jibberish.

I redid the commands and was able to reflash it again, now it works. (this time I used RC4, as it appears that RC6 doesn't work as Repeater?) *RC5 did not work for me*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: