Asus Rt N12 D1 - SOLUTION

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
shermandtank
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
i can't speak for others but from other posts i've seen, we appreciate the work you've done so far. while i've looked at tomato, i'd rather stick with what i know. from what i've gathered by talking to asus's tech support yesterday, to get what i want the software to do, the only option is to get other firmware such as tomato, or dd-wrt when the mystery gets cracked as to what's going on.

who knew that getting dns-masq and tftp working would be this hard Smile
Sponsor
80sguitartist
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
shermandtank, Completely there with you dude. I've looked into Tomato and OpenWRT but I'm really fond of DD-WRT. Hoping to have some time this weekend to devote to this.

Those three darn Asus RT-N12D1's are staring at me from across my office. Mocking me. B@stards!
rajivmishra13
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
My d1 runs just fine on latest 2.6 build for b1, no trouble at all....thanks
H2Fooko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

For your information I could install optware on it.
I faced some difficulties since I'm a newbee.

I was wondering how I could extend the /jffs directory to the rest of theoretical full flash memory available on this router (8 Mb) ?

Thx

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
80sguitartist wrote:
Those three darn Asus RT-N12D1's are staring at me from across my office. Mocking me. B@stards!

those b@astards! teach them a lesson! show them who's boss!
yessirsir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have installed dd-wrt successfully by following this guide to the letter. Everything appears to work fine, even after entering the telnet commands. I have access to the admin panel (through both wifi and lan) except, there is no internet. The lan ports do not appear to be mixed up (even before doing the telnet part they seemed to be in the right order). So basically my internet cannot be accessed using this router with dd-wrt. I used the file provided and did not skip any steps. Anyone else seen this issue ?
80sguitartist
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
So are you quickly swapping this router with another one? If that's the case you may need to unplug your cable modem for 5-15 minutes. Then try again.

Also, another test. What happens when you plug your computer into each one of the ports and do an ipconfig release and renew. Do you get an IP address each time? Do the same thing to the WAN port. If you get an IP address from the WAN port it means the ports are still messed up and you will need to telnet into the router again and try reconfiguring the ports.
agio26
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:12    Post subject: RT-N12 D1 EoIP Reply with quote
In all these firmware, there was one with the Eoip function?
Thank You
80sguitartist
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I highly doubt you would find that EOIP option and if you did find it, I bet it won't work. If you already have the Asus-RTN12 D1 and you're stuck with it good luck getting EOIP to work. You'll probably be doing lots of testing via trial and error. And I bet you'll get really frustrated and not get it to work. However, if you are thinking about purchasing the RT-N12 D1 LOOK FOR ANOTHER ROUTER! Through more and more practical testing on this router I have found it BARELY supports DD-WRT if you can get it working at all. Hence, "These aren't the droids you're looking for".

I am curious though, what legacy equipment are you using that needs EOIP?
agio26
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
80sguitartist wrote:

I am curious though, what legacy equipment are you using that needs EOIP?

tunnel between two locations(dd-wrt router)is faster
80sguitartist
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have never used EOIP but have used OpenVPN on a couple Asus RT-N16s. Connection is very stable and fast. A lot faster than I ever expected it to be. However, I bet the RT-N12D1 doesn't have enough RAM to handle OpenVPN. Of course I could test it but it would take a LONG time.

So do you have this router in your possession now?
agio26
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
80sguitartist wrote:
I bet the RT-N12D1 doesn't have enough RAM to handle OpenVPN.

RAM=32, Falsh=8, CPU=BroadCom BCM53572@300MHz
I do n't want VPN.

80sguitartist wrote:
So do you have this router in your possession now?

Yes, I have this router!
80sguitartist
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don’t have any experience with EOIP. I have just a little research under my belt on it which tells me it is not secure due to no encryption across the line (unless of course you have some type of VPN behind it). So on EOIP you’d have to explore this stuff yourself. I can’t help you out there.
shermandtank
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm interested in it running vpn. i'm using the original firmware to handle it currently but if needed i can always push that to my fileserver.
80sguitartist
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which VPN? OpenVPN or PPTP?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 15
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: