No
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 27

Zram
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree with cramer.

Nobody's screen is 1024x768. Should NOT be a fixed width.

Not a fan of black text on a white page either, gets hard on the eyes reading for a while.
Sponsor
dicksons
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
aesthetics aside, the new layout is functionally lame-ass

as I widen my browser window, the subject field in the "topics" column never widens, as stays wrapped, resulting in only half as many topics viewable as before. 50% less functional can't ever be considered any kind of improvement.

when viewing a post , the "quick links" menu obscures the first several lines of some posts.

didn't anyone other than the perpetrator do any testing at various resolutions, text sizes, and window sizes ?

this is insanely bad and embarrassing

fix it or nix it !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
yay, the forums are fixed. i like how the width of the forums are much wider.. it's much easier to read. i have to say though that the color scheme of the forums doesn't match the rest of the site now.. yuck! Wink
Cry Havok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still not wide enough, it's only half the width of my screen. But hey, a step forwards Wink
olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well with correct CSS wodth could be for example an % of screen (window) size, this way it would look good on any resolution, also add there the rule that it can't go under, say 640x480, to them it will give horisontal scrolling...

Whole another thing is that who has the knowledge and will to make it happend, this much complex site it will not be an any easy task either.

Anyways these new colors is way better than plain white Smile
Galne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don´t automaticlly get logged in on return to the forum board, and to log in I´ve got too scroll down the entire page. Fels anoying, the probelm came with the new look on the forum a week or two ago. Work perfectlly before.

And in my opinione (spelling) it looked mutch better with white bakground and was more esay to overlook!!

Overall I think teh knew look on teh site is superb, givs a professionall impression!
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
you dont need to scroll down. look at the quicklinks bar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can't the dd-wrt logo go in the blue box at the top so the header of each page is not so large? My screen is 1280*1024 and 1/3 of the page is taken up by it at the moment.
Prefect
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Guys...

just typed in www.dd-wrt.com into my browser and... - wait a second... did I make a typo? no... this blog-a-like design actually belongs to dd-wrt... argl. WHY?

Okay, I am a bit 'conservative' to new stylings, but if they a useful and fit into the context, why not... but exactly this is the problem to me:

dd-wrt.com/* looks like any other 'state-of-the-art' wordpress/phpBB site on the internet.

The old design was absolutely out of the ordinary, it looked like the webinterface of my favourite router-OS looked like. Geekish, stlyish, it worked perfectly and had sense.

The new design is 'okay' maybe it's much nicer than the old one was anyway (...with other word, might have a slightly higer 'WAF' - women acceptance factor) but misses the target...

It doesn't look 'special' in any way anymore... Thats a big loss, though...

Cheers,

Prefect

P.S.: Is the webinterface of the newer dd-wrt releases also in this new design? Nooooooo, nooo... would be way to big, wouldn't it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: